test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Available: Gelatinous Cube Mount

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
No, this is not an April Fools joke. The Gelatinous Cube is available now as the newest mount on the Zen Market. As awesome as that is, we have even better news for you. It's on sale at 55% off until this Friday!

Read more about the mount here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3040323-now-available_-gelatinous-cube-mount

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *explodes*
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally I always thought it a silly idea but hey, to each their own.

But hey, let's not worry about our character drowning in a cube of slime, it's probably symbiotic somehow XD.
    contents to be decided
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Omg, now we get to ride the thing which often murders players in VT, yay!
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    demidogz wrote: »
    Omg, now we get to ride the thing which often murders players in VT, yay!

These are cousins to those black sheep. I swear I saw one of them with a nose ring... or maybe that was an old Adventurer's....
    contents to be decided
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is no such mount in the ZEN-market :(
  • leematonleematon Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2014
    Not the coolest of mounts I have to say. I can see how some players would find it fun, though.
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This does sound like an April Fools joke, to be honest. Are you planning on eventually adding a ridable version of every beloved D&D monster, whether it makes any sense for them to be ridable or not?

Ridable Demilich?
    Ridable Mimic?
    Ridable Stirge?

The possibilities are endless. And daft.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want one already.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Woohoo sign me up for a riding mimic. Would you put the saddle on top or just ride inside? I vote for inside!
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kinda disappointed its only a T2 mount, would totally buy it as a T3, but T2? pass
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Think I'd rather mount the maid... well maybe I should see what she looks like first?
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Think I'd rather mount the maid... well maybe I should see what she looks like first?

Lol , the cube was the maid but it left more mess than it cleaned so the wizard used it as a mount xD so it looks big and square and see thru
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    quite like it, though as some mentioned its a T2 mount. the 2 million upgrade cost is just too big a price for me (or has that been changed now?).
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Lol , the cube was the maid but it left more mess than it cleaned so the wizard used it as a mount xD so it looks big and square and see thru

I see I read it wrong there...

guess he should have created a succubus for a maid, who cares if she could clean... as I'm sure she'd make a better mount than maid too!
    [I'm sure they would not be creating that mount even as an April Fools joke]

Maybe someday they'll get around to making a succubus companion [abilities could be tied to CC]... though not sure if anyone would buy one?
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, a rank II Mount (average price: z1500, on sale for 55% off = [approximately] z700 (I could be off on pricing, just guessing here) - I think the idea is that it's a novelty "just for fun" Mount, like the Winter event Sled. Who takes that mount seriously? It's just for antics, a jolly-impulse-buy for kicks.

As for it not being available in the Z-Store yet: I expect it will appear once the event begins; 10 A.M. Pacific.
  • kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    No, this is not an April Fools joke. The Gelatinous Cube is available now as the newest mount on the Zen Market. As awesome as that is, we have even better news for you. It's on sale at 55% off until this Friday!

Read more about the mount here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3040323-now-available_-gelatinous-cube-mount

Thanks,

Dwight

1,800 zen is 55% off?
    o_O
  • subsidalsubsidal Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At first I laughed cause I thought it was an April's fools joke. THen I saw they were serious...

It is stuff like this that makes sure that Neverwinter IS NOT and NEVER WILL BE a D&D game. It's like Cryptic doesn't even take the license seriously anymore.. Riding a gelatinous cube?? Seriously? It's like this game is a parody version of the Forgotten Realms...
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    subsidal wrote: »
    At first I laughed cause I thought it was an April's fools joke. THen I saw they were serious...

It is stuff like this that makes sure that Neverwinter IS NOT and NEVER WILL BE a D&D game. It's like Cryptic doesn't even take the license seriously anymore.. Riding a gelatinous cube?? Seriously? It's like this game is a parody version of the Forgotten Realms...

Someone has no sense of humour :c

Btw zen price is updated to 800 zen now :)
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ????(Bound):Character ???? what a hell ? and i buyed it.........

Zen mount are account bound?or? changed?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Someone has no sense of humour :c

Btw zen price is updated to 800 zen now :)

If it was a joke I'd get it. But it isn't. It's an actual mount.. It's like Cryptic goes "What's the next mount or companion? *opens manual of monsters at random, doesn't even bother reading the text* This is it!"
    One thing is humor, another is keeping the logic and plausability of the setting. And Neverwinter is to Forgotten Realms like Scary Movie is to actual horror films.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If it was a joke I'd get it. But it isn't. It's an actual mount.. It's like Cryptic goes "What's the next mount or companion? *opens manual of monsters at random, doesn't even bother reading the text* This is it!"
    One thing is humor, another is keeping the logic and plausability of the setting. And Neverwinter is to Forgotten Realms like Scary Movie is to actual horror films.

It's just a bit of fun. You don't need to get it :P
    ????(Bound):Character ???? what a hell ? and i buyed it.........

Zen mount are account bound?or? changed?
    You should be able to get it from the zen store for free on your other toons like all other zen mounts

I personally got it coz its a fun mount and cant resist a sale :c
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So awesome. And it makes a squish noise when you press space.

m2kmg2Z.png
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014

actually, in this case you are dead wrong. Drow using Gelatinous Cubes as mounts (particularly in warfare) is 100% to the lore of FR.
    they had magical rings that protected them from the Cube's digestive effects and would, in combat, simply trample over things
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited April 2014
    actually, in this case you are dead wrong. Drow using Gelatinous Cubes as mounts (particularly in warfare) is 100% to the lore of FR.
    they had magical rings that protected them from the Cube's digestive effects and would, in combat, simply trample over things

Yes, but I'm pretty sure one wouldn't walk all over protector's enclave in one. And I don't think Cryptic knows that though.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure one wouldn't walk all over protector's enclave in one. And I don't think Cryptic knows that though.

Three words:

It's.
    A.
    GAME.

Have some FUN for a change. Sheesh.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    peCkV3p.jpg
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    God forbid that the game include silly, frivolous fun. Especially since every D&D campaign ever played has been 100% serious business with absolutely no callbacks to comical events from past campaigns, pop culture funnies, or lines from Monty Python.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

All my L60's on their slimy new mounts.
    eja4aQg.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm gonna get one and I'm gonna name him 'Bill'.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sir you seem to be eaten alive by a gelatinous cube! Oh thats your mount? carry on..