test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where did everyone go?

sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Off Topic
These forums are a ghost town compared to just a few months ago.

Was there an exodus to ESO or something?
Post edited by sedryntyros on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, the forums have been the same for a while. They were more active right after the game came out though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I haven't noticed much of a difference. Either way, I'm sure it will pick up again when mod 3 comes mid May.
  • kinosh30kinosh30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They all came to my BBQ sorry, your invatation prob didn't make it or got lost in the mail.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mods have alienated a large portions of the forum populace.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Many strong players have moved on to other games.
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm... I wonder myself why it's sooooooooooo silent around. Even my topic in art section which I hoped to stir things a 'tiny little bit' is Necrotic enough for me to be forced to double-post a progress on Friday :/. I guess it's some kind of overwhelming 'busyness' syndrome stuck onto any and everyone around.

I think that on May due to promotions we'll receive some new interesting people but... will they stick around long enough to drink a little Irish with me? Dunno.

Lately gaming communities are getting more and more about grind and competition and less about fun, social interaction, fanart/fiction, and many more lovable 'beside topics' :/.

Anyway: I AM around :D

Sincerely Yours ~Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    think broken op cw in pve and all the dungeons exploiting and shortcuting turned aways most of the ppl i know few who quit after they could not get teams on theirs gf,tr and a lot of ppl will after mod 3 and nerf of gwf
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    think broken op cw in pve and all the dungeons exploiting and shortcuting turned aways most of the ppl i know few who quit after they could not get teams on theirs gf,tr and a lot of ppl will after mod 3 and nerf of gwf
    Hmm... my TR haves no problem getting team :/ (they love us actually on MC 3/3 :D). Dunno bout GF... but they still are pro-stun-killers in PVP which I love :). It makes it satisfactory to win against (good) one in 1 on 1 knowing that if he gets you: you're probably dead ;)

Well I guess the forum inactivity is not a game inactivity at all. I see hundreds of people on all the instances on all the maps. More than in open beta for sure. Yet: in open beta forum was way more active despite less people playing game. So the problem might be a bit complicated to explain forum inactivity :/

Sincerely Yours ~A.N.E.-chan
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Interesting ... thanks for the responses, folks. Maybe things will pick back up after Icewind Dale is released.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Mods have alienated a large portions of the forum populace.

I think there's definitely some truth to this. It's one thing to discourage trolling but it's entirely another to stifle any discussion critical of the game just because the forum rules allow you to be a dictator. The whole thread moving/locking is way out of hand. Shuttering every topic you don't like is folly and I doubt it's a coincidence that you now see only a fraction of the activity here.

If I were running this place, I'd boot every single mod here and start over. And I'm not trying to slight them by saying that either it's just that they don't seem to have a good feel for balance in terms of how to use moderation to improve the environment versus restricting it so much that eventually there's no point in using the forum at all.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I think there's definitely some truth to this. It's one thing to discourage trolling but it's entirely another to stifle any discussion critical of the game just because the forum rules allow you to be a dictator. The whole thread moving/locking is way out of hand. Shuttering every topic you don't like is folly and I doubt it's a coincidence that you now see only a fraction of the activity here.

If I were running this place, I'd boot every single mod here and start over. And I'm not trying to slight them by saying that either it's just that they don't seem to have a good feel for balance in terms of how to use moderation to improve the environment versus restricting it so much that eventually there's no point in using the forum at all.
    . . . You have no idea how much communication goes on between the Mods and PWE. We're in constant communication though Skype. There is nothing on these forums we do that PWE doesn't know about, have records of and the like. Posts are never "deleted" - all who have violated the rules in the past have their posts still on record to this date, just not visible to anyone except PWE Forum Staff. All post edits have records and can be undone with a push of a button, PWE can see everything we do.

. . . So, with that in mind.... Assumptions on bias are no excuse for breaking the rules. If you feel such, contact Support, the forums are not the place for such. We gave your OT "ESO" plug thread a chance here but yet you still chose to violate the rules by smack talking about Moderation. So, thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.