test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The time had come to remove gold cost for removing enchantments.

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    I'm surpised this game doesn't have a 1v1 arena yet. You lose, the opponent takes a piece of your loot. You win, vice versa. Maybe this would teach some people something. XD

This will produce more frustrations from players than benefits
  • Options
    forumposter1234forumposter1234 Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What everyone seems to be forgetting is that if you do well in PvP you are rewarded with a high quality blue item that can either be sold for lots of gold or used in PvE!!

Trollololol ;)
  • Options
    forumposter1234forumposter1234 Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    " Originally Posted by runonnike
    I'm surpised this game doesn't have a 1v1 arena yet. You lose, the opponent takes a piece of your loot. You win, vice versa. Maybe this would teach some people something. XD"

Lemme guess.... You play a TR or a GWF?
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    Does it really, though? ... "teaming up with friends to kill a whole bunch of monsters and then a dragon" sounds much more like D&D than....arena-based point-capping 5v5 combat

I 100% agree with this. D&D is, by its concept and nature, a cooperative experience. Creating and developing characters, exploring the world, delving into dark, ancient dungeons in search of fame and fortune... that's D&D. Hacking away at the other player characters in an arena is not. Oh, sure, a GM could design some kind of campaign that had the characters as gladiators or some such, but that would be specific to that GM, and I would think would get old really fast unless there was more to it than that.

If you want a D&D game, then focusing on PvP doesn't make sense. It's not what D&D is about. If you don't want a D&D game, well then, honestly, why are you here? There are many, many PvP games out there. This should never have been one of them.

The only reason the obvious afterthought of PvP is here at all is that it draws in people who will spend money - and often lots of it - to make themselves "better" than the other players, and PWE likes money. The problem is, those same folks are also very vocal, so we keep getting more and more functionality changes or added "content" to try to satisfy the PvP crowd, often at the expense of PvE, which is really the core of the game.

I don't want open PvP areas. I don't want nerfs. I don't want leaderboards. I want more low-to-mid level PvE areas, so that it's not always the same thing every time leveling up characters. I want end-game content that is more than just the grindfests we have now. I want Foundry fixed to encourage people to play the quests, and give the Authors more tools to build the quests. Right now, the PvE game feels stagnant, and what I'm hearing the most about with the upcoming release is PvP.

I'm here for a D&D experience, not to battle it out with other players, and I wish they'd focus on making it more like D&D, and spend less time trying to please a vocal minority who really don't care about story and setting.
  • Options
    firkraaqfirkraaq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I 100% agree with this. D&D is, by its concept and nature, a cooperative experience. Creating and developing characters, exploring the world, delving into dark, ancient dungeons in search of fame and fortune... that's D&D. Hacking away at the other player characters in an arena is not. Oh, sure, a GM could design some kind of campaign that had the characters as gladiators or some such, but that would be specific to that GM, and I would think would get old really fast unless there was more to it than that.

If you want a D&D game, then focusing on PvP doesn't make sense. It's not what D&D is about. If you don't want a D&D game, well then, honestly, why are you here? There are many, many PvP games out there. This should never have been one of them.

The only reason the obvious afterthought of PvP is here at all is that it draws in people who will spend money - and often lots of it - to make themselves "better" than the other players, and PWE likes money. The problem is, those same folks are also very vocal, so we keep getting more and more functionality changes or added "content" to try to satisfy the PvP crowd, often at the expense of PvE, which is really the core of the game.

I don't want open PvP areas. I don't want nerfs. I don't want leaderboards. I want more low-to-mid level PvE areas, so that it's not always the same thing every time leveling up characters. I want end-game content that is more than just the grindfests we have now. I want Foundry fixed to encourage people to play the quests, and give the Authors more tools to build the quests. Right now, the PvE game feels stagnant, and what I'm hearing the most about with the upcoming release is PvP.

I'm here for a D&D experience, not to battle it out with other players, and I wish they'd focus on making it more like D&D, and spend less time trying to please a vocal minority who really don't care about story and setting.

Very nice post, 100% true .. PvP is bleh, if you are so much into PvP, go and play another game, a lot of games nowdays is focusing on PvP.

Actually i have taken a break because of heavy PvP "updates" and "improvements" to the game .. from PvE player PoV - nothing interesting and from beta release nothing really new. Yes, module 1 and 2 are NOT PvE content - really that's not how PvE should ever looks like (endless grind - the same dailies every day).

Srry for my english, not my native language, but I want to show, that there is a lot of people who wants to play D&D!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People who really think this is a serious D&D experience need to open their eyes. It's a casual mmo wearing a D&D onsie. DDO is far closer to D&D.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    firkraaqfirkraaq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    People who really think this is a serious D&D experience need to open their eyes. It's a casual mmo wearing a D&D onsie. DDO is far closer to D&D.

yes, most of us already know that this is not a serious D&D experience, but one can always hope for change :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2014
    Hate 3 things about Nw
    1-SPAMMERS (for the God sake, a basic filter can totally stops that bots right?)
    2-The atacker treasure chests (in a relaxed mode, fully focused to the game... you try to open a treasure chest with all your naivete, guess what's happen? BAAAM!)
    3-Enchantment removing costs (really? grinding is not fun. do the math: gold=grinding)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tarmelfin wrote: »
    Hate 3 things about Nw
    1-SPAMMERS (for the God sake, a basic filter can totally stops that bots right?)
    If you notice, the spammers have had to resort to using symbols and stuff to spell out their sites, so some progress is being made.
    2-The atacker treasure chests (in a relaxed mode, fully focused to the game... you try to open a treasure chest with all your naivete, guess what's happen? BAAAM!)
    Mimics are you friend! They just want to hug you... Don't hat on the mimics! :mad:
    3-Enchantment removing costs (really? grinding is not fun. do the math: gold=grinding)
    Then don't remove enchantments unless you *really* need to - it's not meant to be something you casually do all the time.

My comments are above in yellow.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    1-yup im notice, all of them starts to ad "hey friends" pattern and all of them have same contex. so it's easy to block such a pattern right.
    2-but im really really scare every single time :/
    3-i am not frequent enchantment changer, but when i do it's hurts dude :S
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1-yup im notice, all of them starts to ad "hey friends" pattern and all of them have same contex. so it's easy to block such a pattern right.
    2-but im really really scare every single time :/
    3-i am not frequent enchantment changer, but when i do it's hurts dude :S

Are you talking about the spam emails or the ones in zone chat? The zone chat ones are often things like "\/\/ x3 [)()T b|/\h" and so forth, so not as easy to block.

Once you run a dungeon a few times, you'll learn where the mimics are. Personally, I'd like to see *all chests* have a chance at being a mimic, instead of it always being the same one.

By the time you reach 60, you should have enough gold to remove enchantments like 50 times over... It's not like you need to buy a lot of other stuff. Personally, I get most of my potions from leadership tasks, so consider running those if that's what you're spending a lot of your gold on.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hate 3 things about Nw

1) It's like a wrinkle in your sock. Ignore it awhile, and fix it later... or takes shoes off. You know better than to buy from them. They're always with a tell tale pattern. Also, the "new thing" is AD spammers.

2) The mimics say something different from the regular Chest. Easy peasy to figure out. Read the descriptions.

3) Effort put in equals fun that you get out. YES. Effort. Somebody put effort into making all the game around you so in return you put effort in by interacting it.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

While I give leeway to the game to a certain extent because it is an MMO, I agree very much with the sentiment expressed in this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Are you talking about the spam emails or the ones in zone chat? The zone chat ones are often things like "\/\/ x3 [)()T b|/\h" and so forth, so not as easy to block.
    spam mails not so big deal, im talkin 'bout zone spams.
    Once you run a dungeon a few times, you'll learn where the mimics are. Personally, I'd like to see *all chests* have a chance at being a mimic, instead of it always being the same one.
    i guess i never get used to mimics : )
    By the time you reach 60, you should have enough gold to remove enchantments like 50 times over... It's not like you need to buy a lot of other stuff. Personally, I get most of my potions from leadership tasks, so consider running those if that's what you're spending a lot of your gold on.
    already 60 and have 40ish gold, and costs me about 1.5 gold every single enchantment removing
    My comments are above in yellow.
    :D
    My comments are belov in turquoise.
    1) It's like a wrinkle in your sock. Ignore it awhile, and fix it later... or takes shoes off. You know better than to buy from them. They're always with a tell tale pattern. Also, the "new thing" is AD spammers.
    funny example :D
    2) The mimics say something different from the regular Chest. Easy peasy to figure out. Read the descriptions.
    so far im not noticed, thx for the tip!
    3) Effort put in equals fun that you get out. YES. Effort. Somebody put effort into making all the game around you so in return you put effort in by interacting it.
    everyones has different tastes and definiton of "fun".
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its not just a case of fun.

Charging gold for removing sockets stabilized the currency. Before this change the value of gold was spinning out of control due to massive inflation. So while, it might be annoying for you. It has actually kept the currency somewhat viable. And in my opinion, its doing exactly what it should.

Besides, id much rather have the gold cost then the original AD cost.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Simple way to tell if a chest is a Mimic:
    Your character cant walk through a normal chest.
    So if you are able to walk through the chest mesh, then it is a Mimic.
    The Mimic chest, only doesn't allow you to pass through the middle of the chest.
    It allows you to pass through the ends of the chest.

Whereas when you try to walk though a normal chest,
    then you cant and its like it should be, a solid object.
    So when you see a chest, try to walk through the ends of it first.
    You will never be surprised by a Mimic again. :)

• Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tang56 wrote: »

Sad but true.

Now, speaking on the topic of the post, I think it's a need to remove the Gold cost for removing Enchants or at least decrease it to 1/3, why?, because from a PvE player POV, PvP isn't a crucial aspect in the game, so when I PvPed was when I had nothing more to do, just something to kill the time while I wait for ppl to make a dungeon or stuff, but when you put a PvP gear in the game and you have an associated cost to move all your enchant to that, then mostly PvE players are not going to assume that cost and we won't PvP at all, in others game it isn't like that, and both, PvP and PvE focused players can fully enjoy both aspects of the game, even knowing you are best at one :D.

PS: And don't tell me there is not much diference between PvP and PvE equip, cause there is a lot of difference, for example, the HR PvP gear lack power a lot!, so we would suck in PvE even more, or going to PvP with PvE equip doesn't even make you a glass cannon, it's like a cannon made of toilet paper... At least in my case cause I'm a full dps HR...
  • Options
    lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    Simple way to tell if a chest is a Mimic:
    Your character cant walk through a normal chest.
    So if you are able to walk through the chest mesh, then it is a Mimic.
    The Mimic chest, only doesn't allow you to pass through the middle of the chest.
    It allows you to pass through the ends of the chest.

Also, when you put your cursor over it, the real chest will show a green pouch, the mimic shows nothing but the blue circle. Never really paid attention to these others tell tale signs, but they are good to know. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "You got your rules and your religion, that's designed to keep you safe, but when rules start getting broken you start questioning your faith"
    Paragon Vanguard
    Luke Minhere
    Hughe of The Purple Robes
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

It is easy to know where the mimics are even if it is your first time running a dungeon. Walk up to either side of the chest and if you walk through it it is most likely a mimic. If you walk over it or are stopped then it is a real chest. I have done this a few times and have been correct 99% of the time. It is a good tactic for when you are low on health/potions and just looking to open a chest of goodies.
    NOTE: If this is an exploit I apologise and it should be fixed immediately.
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, when you put your cursor over it, the real chest will show a green pouch, the mimic shows nothing but the blue circle. Never really paid attention to these others tell tale signs, but they are good to know. :)

I'll have to look at that one :) great thing to know!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Next phase will be double roll stats for pve and pvp right? Cuz one can enjoy pvp with pve spec and viceversa... dont make me laugh pls.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Next phase will be double roll stats for pve and pvp right? Cuz one can enjoy pvp with pve spec and viceversa... dont make me laugh pls.

Respec in any sense, never should be possible, even paying for it...
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Why? Surely it makes sense for someone not to be:
    1) Screwed by their initial rolls without fully understanding their class, changes being made to their class etc.
    2) Screwed because they don't want 2 different toons to be very competitive at both pvp and pve.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Why? Surely it makes sense for someone not to be:
    1) Screwed by their initial rolls without fully understanding their class, changes being made to their class etc.
    2) Screwed because they don't want 2 different toons to be very competitive at both pvp and pve.

For me a RPG game is a game where you are getting a role and if you screwed it, then it's part of what you've done, not where you are continuously re-rolling because whatever reason, I got money... I find unserious a game with that option.

100% Agree with this too, in most of the MMO i've played what keeps me playing it is the PvE content, maybe the PvP can be a fun time, but I love challenging dungeons, challenging quest, challenging bosses (a boss that hit so hard that you need a high DEF Tank and a DC healing him to survive, HRs and CWs attacking from afar, etc...), I've love to see more maps and long and difficult quest in them, maybe to obtain titles, but something that keep you going to those maps even on lvl 60, maybe they could put mini bosses (where you have to gather 2, 3 or more people to kill it) in random maps too, at a random time and obtain achievments for killing them, quests with more variety, not just follow the path, kill foes and get uncommon gear and 'x' pieces of coins, etc... get the idea?, variety of content and challenging bosses and dungeons that need good cordinations and impossible to complete if you don't have extremely good equip is what I want... I don't want tenacity, Glory, Black Ice damage, etc...

Sorry if my english was bad.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For me a RPG game is a game where you are getting a role and if you screwed it, then it's part of what you've done, not where you are continuously re-rolling because whatever reason, I got money... I find unserious a game with that option.
    I don't understand why it matters. If you think you shouldn't be able to reroll then play it that way. Likewise people who invested millions of AD into their toon and got approaching 3 sets of boons don't need to do all of that repetitive stuff just for a reroll. Why should people be penalised for bad choices having not understood the class and how they want to play it yet or for major gameplay changes to a class?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I don't understand why it matters. If you think you shouldn't be able to reroll then play it that way. Likewise people who invested millions of AD into their toon and got approaching 3 sets of boons don't need to do all of that repetitive stuff just for a reroll. Why should people be penalised for bad choices having not understood the class and how they want to play it yet or for major gameplay changes to a class?
    More importantly ... changes that have been applied to skills/stuff after they have been chosen.
    The game is ever evolving, and a chice back then might have been the right one, but it no longer is due the the Gods (aka. Devs) decided to kill that skill and make it utterly useless.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    For which you're awarded a free respec if the changes are radical enough. TR and DC got one, HR and GWF will most likely get one.

I still have a leftover respec from the LAST time they gave everyone for free. I may get around to using it. ( I hate rebuilding, BUT when I screw up I am glad it's there.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2014

What, so when you invest points into a decent - must have skill now and the devs change it to a near useless skill in a few months you should be stuck with that now useless skill?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bluedarky wrote: »
    What, so when you invest points into a decent - must have skill now and the devs change it to a near useless skill in a few months you should be stuck with that now useless skill?

If you could read a few post after mine would be great, if there are changes in the skills, power, feats, etc... then they should make that possible, but all the good MMORPG that i've played doesn't allow that (I've never seen so many changes in skills, feats, etc... in other games, so maybe in NWO is understandable, but i don't like it).