test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The time had come to remove gold cost for removing enchantments.

morentharmorenthar Member Posts: 2,500 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Please, can we get over this? This has been discussed plenty in the past, especially with the introduction of tenacity to armor. Some of us more creative types ;) like to use different weapon combinations and it drains gold FAST. There really is little need for a gold sink. If you need to sink gold, can you provide another sink that doesn't take away the fun of experimentation?

Perhaps allowing gold to soften the blow of upgrading mounts? I spent 50 gold in two days switching between my chosen PvP weapons and my PvE weapons. I'm glad I was wrong about armor being a problem with switching enchantments for PvE and PvP. There is no need to switch. Nobody could afford to switch if they had to. But I'm not wrong about weapons. It's an issue.

Please, just remove the gold cost.
Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur
Post edited by morenthar on

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One of the reasons PvP is unviable for me in this game.
  • korimus81korimus81 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with this. Maybe just have a 15 minute cooldown for removing enchants?
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Or, OR you could get some gold, OR you could make a PVE and a PVP toon, OR you could have 2 armor sets, OR You could just accept it. It's better than what it used to be! That's for sure.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OR you could have 2 armor sets

Um, that is what they are talking about. If you PVE and PVP you will have at least 2 sets of gear. You shouldn't have to keep paying to move enchants back and forth.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Um, that is what they are talking about. If you PVE and PVP you will have at least 2 sets of gear. You shouldn't have to keep paying to move enchants back and forth.

You absolutely should - there has to be some weight to the decisions you make regarding what enchantments to slot and where you place them. The game is forgiving enough as it is - let's not remove any sort of opportunity that still exist.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i wonder if it would be possible to socket the slot instead of socket the item itself. alternately, removing the cost to unslot considering the number of times it would take to swap between pvp and pve items would be nice. honestly, it is a lot of item maintenance involved.

although i did my own experimenting on the live shard by using R5s and tenacity gear vs my higher end enchants on my PvE gear and found myself to still be viable in PvE. that was a direct switch from soulforged/vorpal to bloodtheft/lifedrinker as well.

alternately, i have also pvp'd in my pve gear with only the base 10% reduction.

so the real question remains: is it a huge issue to PvE in PvP gear and vice versa?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And the *smart* people don't. THEY have two sets of enchants to go with their two sets of armor so they never have to remove the enchants. Seriously. This thread actually exists as a serious concern? Seriously? (okay, now I'm just being mean and I don't want to be, but I HAVE to say it, gosh-dang it!)

Perhaps the OP would prefer the cost of enchant removal returns to the Astral Diamond standard that they were at only a couple months ago?
    edited April 2014
    And the *smart* people don't. THEY have two sets of enchants to go with their two sets of armor so they never have to remove the enchants. Seriously. This thread actually exists as a serious concern? Seriously?

Perhaps the OP would prefer the removal of ancient,nets returns to the Astral Diamond standard that they were only a couple months ago?

You mean Rich people. If you have two sets of rank 10 enchants then you either spent too much money on this game or play way too much, or both.
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i wonder if it would be possible to socket the slot instead of socket the item itself. alternately, removing the cost to unslot considering the number of times it would take to swap between pvp and pve items would be nice. honestly, it is a lot of item maintenance involved.

That would be a better solution. Allow generic enchant slots and then you only need to pay if you need to customize that actual enchants between PVP an PVE.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Two sets of enchants is not a bad idea, save your rank 10s for your pvp and just buy cheap rank 6's for pve and then upgrade those to 7's overtime. Its cheap and frankly you don't need much more than rank 7's in pve anyway. Sure an extra edge is nice, but you pvp maniacs like to ROF stomping people and that means leaving your precious enchants in your pvp gear with tenacity. I can't believe that is peoples complaint. Personally "my" beef with the gear is that PVE gear loses valuable stats for tanacity so having to keep a second set of gear on you that has tenacity or remember to switch to tenacity gear for pvp match just after a dungeon is the annoying part. Frankly I'd rather just see the fashion gear turned into a secondary gear slot for that reason, you can either put fashion pieces in it or a second set of gear such as tenacity/pvp gear. Then you can switch with aclick of a button and SAVE valuable and expensive inventory space.

Also for the love of god will the developers please at the very least make it so that quest items DON'T take up inventory space!! It would make holding onto a second set of pvp gear at least a tad more visible.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On the plus side it actually used to cost a tonne of ad and you can upgrade them without removing them. Something I never did because I just could not justify the costs. Of course I wouldn't say no to lowing removing the costs completely and can understand not being able to swap between pvp and pve gear or other changes often.
    edited April 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    This game has two aspects, why can't I do both with one character without it being a pain in the ***? Without me having to pick between one or the other each week so I can afford the gold. Get real dude. Why make a game with 2 aspects and make it a pain to do both? Makes no sense. You are punishing the full experience of the game. Shouldn't Devs want it to be fun to do both?

There's nothing that says you have to use separate gear for PvE and PvP - that is a voluntary choice which you imposed upon yourself. There's no doubt that switching gear increases your performance in one vs the other, but again, there are so few weighty decisions one has to make in the game already, that taking away one of the last remaining ones would simply reward those that maintain many different sets of equipment - the person that can't afford all the different sets of gear *at least* doesn't have to incur any expense in switching around their enchantments - what is their compensation if one of the few costs associated with this behavior is removed?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like any of you to tell me why there needs to be a gold sink.

"Gold is useless. You don't need it for anything."

Well, now you do. That problem was part solved by making it cost gold to remove enchants. Now you can spend that 100 gold on more than just a Enchanted Key for Lockboxes, or potions, or kits.

As for experimentation you can wave your cursor over it, and see the potential effects before you commit an enchant/runestone to a slot.

I can hear somebody already saying "Well just change it from Astral Diamonds to gold for everything then." It's an idea, but I am not saying if it's good or bad myself.

Also, agreed you don't have to have two sets of gear for PvE and PvP unless you want to. I got some of this and that myself for gear, and then my fashion clothes. Foo foo on set bonuses.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if these people that are complaining about enchantment swapping costing a currency that is so easy to get that it's trivial also believe that armor and weapon enchantments should be free, too?

I mean, I want a specific enchant for PvE and a different one for PvP, Devs should "make the game fun" and let me have a perfect for both my PvP and PvE desires!!

I mean, I get it, you PvPers want to have everything your way, you don't want to have to go out and actually play the PvE part of the game, you want to be self sufficient in PvP only, and having to go out in PvE while still wearing Tenacity clothes doesn't work, so why not put your T1/T2 gear that's not viable for PvP on with its own enchants. I can completely equip myself in gear and enchants for ~100k AD, but you want to save (useless) gold so that you don't have to?

L2P ;P
    edited April 2014
    I know it's F2P but they have to make money somehow. If you want to never spend money on anything, you experience is going to be worse. So you can complain all you want about people who spend money on the game. You're welcome for making sure that it's still here :)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like any of you to tell me why there needs to be a gold sink.

Because there are not nearly enough sinks in the game and gold has been inflating dramatically.

It wasn't that long ago, you could buy an enchanted key for 50 gold. Its now 150 gold. A price that has been fairly stable, pretty much at the same time the refinement changes were implemented.
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Because there are not nearly enough sinks in the game and gold has been inflating dramatically.

It wasn't that long ago, you could buy an enchanted key for 50 gold. Its now 150 gold. A price that has been fairly stable, pretty much at the same time the refinement changes were implemented.

Are you telling me that mass availability doesn't make everyone rich?!?! Well I guess I'll just have to work with what I've got /:
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Meh. My PvE/PvP alts run with two sets of enchants. Usually the higher rank enchants in PvP gear and lower rank ones in PvE(because it's raceroll easy anyway).

My pure PvP alts don't have a problem.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I will NEVER play this games PvP if they require a whole different set of eq. never.

Its completely ridiculious, and D&D never had special gear for fighting player characters. The only point of it is to promote more grind, and take up precious bag space.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am totally fine with paying measly gold to remove enchantments, please never change it again back to ad, THAT was a nightmare.
    edited April 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    I will NEVER play this games PvP if they require a whole different set of eq. never.

Its completely ridiculious, and D&D never had special gear for fighting player characters. The only point of it is to promote more grind, and take up precious bag space.

Pen and paper D&D didn't need separate rules for fighting other players or monsters because there was always a person controlling them - when you have limited AI scripts controlling monsters/NPCs, you need a system to make those fights still somewhat challenging. Now when you put another player in the place of those monsters, you need to account for the difference in how things play out.

And as was previously stated, you don't "need" a separate set of gear to play PvP - yes, it helps, but it isn't mandated...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the 2 armor set or 2 Weapon sets. +1
    Or, OR you could get some gold, OR you could make a PVE and a PVP toon, OR you could have 2 armor sets, OR You could just accept it. It's better than what it used to be! That's for sure.
    edited April 2014
    Yup, totally agree with this. Even my HR on preview ( who only has a couple of Gold usually) who it takes days to scrape up 25k AD for a Mark of Potency agrees.
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    I am totally fine with paying measly gold to remove enchantments, please never change it again back to ad, THAT was a nightmare.
    edited April 2014
    Wrong, D & D ALWAYS had special gear for fighters - called Plate Armor.

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Yeah because Gold has so much uses....
  • supermrblobsupermrblob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gold does have uses! Go to protector's enclave and you can score keys for ~120 gold, or pres. wards for around 12 each. In my eyes, the best way to fix this issue is as such:

1. Allow equipping two sets of gear at a time, and allowing you to switch between them with the click of a button. That way, every time you switch between pvp and pve you don't have to redrag all the gear.
    2. Bind enchantments to the slot (head, shirt, main hand) instead of item.

It would make the game experience so much better. Please, Cryptic, consider this.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...D&D never had special gear for fighting player characters.

That's because D&D itself was designed as a PvE game (the E in this case being whatever the DM came up with). You weren't supposed to spend all your time in the same place battling it out with the other player characters, you were supposed to join together and go adventuring.
    How many modules did TSR publish that were intended for PvP? Zero. How many PvP adventures were published in Dragon or Dungeon magazone? PvP gear just wasn't an issue, because PvP wasn't an issue. So complaining that D&D never had special gear for PvP is not really relevant, because D&D was never intended as PvP in the first place.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Posting to confirm that I use R6 enchants for both my PvE and my PvP sets. I do just fine, gear-wise, and can hold my own against anything without knock-prones or long CC chains. My being any good at PvP, however, is a separate matter that has nothing to do with enchants.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please, can we get over this? This has been discussed plenty in the past, especially with the introduction of tenacity to armor. Some of us more creative types ;) like to use different weapon combinations and it drains gold FAST. There really is little need for a gold sink. If you need to sink gold, can you provide another sink that doesn't take away the fun of experimentation?

Perhaps allowing gold to soften the blow of upgrading mounts? I spent 50 gold in two days switching between my chosen PvP weapons and my PvE weapons. I'm glad I was wrong about armor being a problem with switching enchantments for PvE and PvP. There is no need to switch. Nobody could afford to switch if they had to. But I'm not wrong about weapons. It's an issue.

Please, just remove the gold cost.

No, just because you CHOOSE to maintain two different sets of armour doesn't mean you should be compensated for that choice. You CHOSE to do this knowing the cost, that you now don't like it is irrelevant.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • tluceantlucean Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The issue is experimentation

You can experiment all you want on Preview.

Antovaras makes perfect sense, just like a dozen other replies ...

Nobody is forcing you to swap enchants but yourself. So find the gold or stop swapping.