test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are many rank 6's so unually cheap on AH?

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Many rank 6's sell for only 4K~8K on AH. That price is unusually low. The sellers' names don't look like bot names. Even bots need to use blue Mark of Potency to upgrade, and that mark costs 20K each. Any idea?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Aren't all enchants cheap now?

Rank 8s cost 200k
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Ok, but why? Why don't they cost proportionate to the cost of making them?
  • kingjon555kingjon555 Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2014
    Rank 6 enchantments are contained VERY VERY commonly in Iron Strongbox of Enchantments. The supply of them from said source is so high that NOBODY crafts them with a Mark of Potency. Their supply, which is half the factor of their price, is determined by how many of those Strongboxes are being opened for loot.

Nobody makes Rank 6s with Marks anymore.
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. I would never have guessed that so many boxes were opened as to make them the primary source.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @kingjon555, thanks. What would be the factor which causes rank 6 runestones' prices decrease as well? The description of strong boxes doesn't say they also contain runestones.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All enchants and runestones up to 8 are stupid cheap now. About half or less the price they were a month ago. 8s have dropped about 100k too.

Huge bot activity in the 5 to 6 bracket.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Here's your primary reason. Farmers collect materials in mass, this includes things like Marks of Potency (Blue, Green and Purple). They used this farmed materials to level up enchantments.

If Cryptic wanted to reduce deflation, they would make Marks of Potency unavailable from nodes or chests.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Here's your primary reason. Farmers collect materials in mass, this includes things like Marks of Potency (Blue, Green and Purple). They used this farmed materials to level up enchantments.

If Cryptic wanted to reduce deflation, they would make Marks of Potency unavailable from nodes or chests.

which would hurt the legit players.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Which would come to no surprise. We are already at a point where earning a solid amount of AD through farming is very hard and/or time consuming and thus not worthwhile. I completely stopped and make my money solely through the AH.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The bots would be best off selling the MoP. I'd say lockboxes are a more likely source. Which is kind of a shame to have items cost way less than the price of a key.
    edited April 2014
    The playerbase might also be diminishing. I mean there is nothing to do at the moment. PVP is imbalanced and does not give rewards, dungeons are mostly BOP, Castle Never runs are not worth it anymore.

Meanwhile, bots continue to farm and so enchantments and peridot prices keep going down.

I dont know why cryptic hasn't done anything when you say the same guy with a level 8 character (yes I checked) post 1000x peridots, 1000x rank 5 enchants, 1000x rank 5 runestones on the auction house
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What bothers me is the sudden price decrease of rank 7s. Did the bot users coded a new script to do rank 7s with their bots or someone is just basically duping those? There is abnormally a lot of rank 7 on the AH right now.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    What bothers me is the sudden price decrease of rank 7s. Did the bot users coded a new script to do rank 7s with their bots or someone is just basically duping those? There is abnormally a lot of rank 7 on the AH right now.

there is abnormally a huge amount of players leaving the game :)) and you know what they gonna do with assets they have, convert all to AD and covert that AD to something you can use in RL :))
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

Most players either quit or have put the game on hold. Bots keep farming enchants but they have less and less customers. Naturally, all enchants are gonna be cheaper.

Cryptic seems to have just let these bots do as they wish as evidenced by the continual supply of enchants and the continual inflation
    edited April 2014

Correction: Farmers hurt legitimate sellers.

This is a buyer's market at the moment. Enchants have never been cheaper, there's tons of supply and more and more coming into the market. It's actually a great time to gear up a toon or possibly buy enchantments for a future character (Warlock or Druid, perhaps?).

There's no reason to speculate how they do it. Let's just say no one is sitting at their computer 24-7 clicking buttons.

All Cryptic needs to do is remove Marks of Potency from nodes and chests and prices will naturally inflate again.

Mind you, they can still be found in lockboxes. But we won't see the strong deflation we currently have.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can of like the prices as they are. It makes it somewhat cheaper to upgrade/buy enchants and artifacts, though it sucks having to give ad to the farmers (which means I'm not saying it's fine for them to exist). With bots eliminated, it makes me wonder if the system would be unfriendly. Atm we can buy stacks of enchants or peridots, it'd kind of suck having to buy a load of items that aren't full stacks and calculating cost per item. Especially when other rp items are horribly overpriced like aquamaries and blood rubies. Also nodes are already fairly unrewarding, it'd kind of suck for the ones that do farm nodes to remove that marks.
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I can of like the prices as they are. It makes it somewhat cheaper to upgrade/buy enchants and artifacts, though it sucks having to give ad to the farmers (which means I'm not saying it's fine for them to exist). With bots eliminated, it makes me wonder if the system would be unfriendly. Atm we can buy stacks of enchants or peridots, it'd kind of suck having to buy a load of items that aren't full stacks and calculating cost per item. Especially when other rp items are horribly overpriced like aquamaries and blood rubies. Also nodes are already fairly unrewarding, it'd kind of suck for the ones that do farm nodes to remove that marks.

I like the prices too. Getting an Artifact to 99 has never been easier or cheaper. I think farmers really are a necessary evil. Lots of pros, lots of cons, but your average player really needs them.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • dragmoshdragmosh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the prices too. Getting an Artifact to 99 has never been easier or cheaper. I think farmers really are a necessary evil. Lots of pros, lots of cons, but your average player really needs them.

I disagree. In most free to play games, people who don't buy game currency with real money depend on farming in order to build up their characters. The botters seriously devalue the items you can get from farming, forcing legitimate free players to farm for longer and longer hours in order to keep up with the cash shoppers. Keep in mind that enchantments are not the only thing being farmed. Other things, such as AD from dailies being farmed can change the AD to zen ratio, which I think is partially responsible for the current upward trend of the ZAX. The other factor, is Gold sellers (who get their income from illegitimate farming) who also decrease the supply of Zen, by allowing players to get AD without introducing new zen into the game. The combination of these makes the grind longer and longer for free players.

To summarize, the enchantment situation hurts only legitmate sellers, exactly like you said. The thing is that free players tend to be the sellers while cash shoppers tend to be the buyers. True, with these farmers, a greater portion of the population can max out their enchantments and artifacts, but an even greater portion gets stuck without companions and mounts.
    edited April 2014
    dragmosh wrote: »
    I disagree. In most free to play games, people who don't buy game currency with real money depend on farming in order to build up their characters. The botters seriously devalue the items you can get from farming, forcing legitimate free players to farm for longer and longer hours in order to keep up with the cash shoppers. Keep in mind that enchantments are not the only thing being farmed. Other things, such as AD from dailies being farmed can change the AD to zen ratio, which I think is partially responsible for the current upward trend of the ZAX. The other factor, is Gold sellers (who get their income from illegitimate farming) who also decrease the supply of Zen, by allowing players to get AD without introducing new zen into the game. The combination of these makes the grind longer and longer for free players.

To summarize, the enchantment situation hurts only legitmate sellers, exactly like you said. The thing is that free players tend to be the sellers while cash shoppers tend to be the buyers. True, with these farmers, a greater portion of the population can max out their enchantments and artifacts, but an even greater portion gets stuck without companions and mounts.

Agreed with this post. Botters have taken away another farming option namely enchants which in turn have taken away yet another playstyle. Different playstyles, different options, valuable loot dropping from chests are all integral to a lot of new and casual players along with RPers.
    edited April 2014
    dragmosh wrote: »

I'm 100% F2P and am doing just fine AD-wise. Anyone can get Epic Mounts or Companions without much effort. There are far more ways than running dungeons to get AD.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kingjon555 wrote: »
    Nobody makes Rank 6s with Marks anymore.

I do... >.> but only if I have a ward. :o
    edited April 2014
    So do we already have a conclusion on those rank 6 enchantments came out of Strong Boxes or were produced by botters? Personally I prefer buying from real players so really want to fathom this.

I tend to believe they weren't produced by botters because I see no reason that botters would want to sell upgraded rank 6's for only 4K~8K AD each when they can simply sell the more profitable refining stone (MoP) for 20K AD each. But now something confuses me, there are identical sellers who posted a large amount of consignments of the same rank 6 enchantments.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont know why cryptic hasn't done anything when you say the same guy with a level 8 character (yes I checked) post 1000x peridots, 1000x rank 5 enchants, 1000x rank 5 runestones on the auction house
    This guy might as well just be playing the AH, bought cheap, sell a bit higher.
    But I also do not believe that.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited April 2014
    So do we already have a conclusion on those rank 6 enchantments came out of Strong Boxes or were produced by botters? Personally I prefer buying from real players so really want to fathom this.

I tend to believe they weren't produced by botters because I see no reason that botters would want to sell upgraded rank 6's for only 4K~8K AD each when they can simply sell the more profitable refining stone (MoP) for 20K AD each. But now something confuses me, there are identical sellers who posted a large amount of consignments of the same rank 6 enchantments.

I think rank 4s and 5s and peridots are mostly from botters. They lowered the standard for enchant pricing so the higher up enchants from players opening boxes also had to lower their price
    This guy might as well just be playing the AH, bought cheap, sell a bit higher.
    But I also do not believe that.

Look at their names. No player would name their character sdfsfdsfsfsfdsfsfsdfsdfsdfsfsdfsfsdfsdfsdf

Also, if that were a player playing the market, wouldn't they buy low and sell high? Not come up with stack after stack after stack of enchantments and lowering the price each week?
    edited April 2014
    I think rank 4s and 5s and peridots are mostly from botters. They lowered the standard for enchant pricing so the higher up enchants from players opening boxes also had to lower their price
    Yes. That's what I have in mind, too.
    edited April 2014
    Okay, I wrote a mail a while ago to a guy who is one of those posted a large amount of consignments of the same rank 6 enchantments, and I just got his reply. He said those enchantments are from lockboxes.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    There is also no real sink for these items so these just keep getting more and more and eventually end up on the market in masses where these can only be traded for under their creation cost.
    Stay frosty.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    300k+ for rank 8 enchants at the moment in AH, I would not say it's cheap, they're getting more expensive as time goes by.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014

^This.

Nobody with a bit of reason would use MoP to make r6/r7 items ATM, because they are worth FAR less than MoPs (a blue MoP currently sells for 21-22k, most r6 enchantments are in the 5-10k range) so we know that can't be true.

All the r6/r7 probably come from lockbox stuff, the iron strongbox drops very well compared to its current price on AH (1-2 blue MoP or 1 purple MoP, plus some r6-r7 or refining stones, for 50k AD or so), chances are people are bulk opening them for marks and just sell the extra stuff for some quick AD (to buy more strongboxes).
    edited April 2014
    ^This.

Nobody with a bit of reason would use MoP to make r6/r7 items ATM, because they are worth FAR less than MoPs (a blue MoP currently sells for 21-22k, most r6 enchantments are in the 5-10k range) so we know that can't be true.

All the r6/r7 probably come from lockbox stuff, the iron strongbox drops very well compared to its current price on AH (1-2 blue MoP or 1 purple MoP, plus some r6-r7 or refining stones, for 50k AD or so), chances are people are bulk opening them for marks and just sell the extra stuff for some quick AD (to buy more strongboxes).

Maybe. Wouldn't it be better just to sell the mark? Well, possibly.

Keep in mind, mass farmers have to move just that... a mass amount of items. It's now common to see stacks of Rank 7 (99) items in the AH. Those items may move faster (albeit cheaper), that way. In the long run, they make more money selling items faster than they do selling items longer at the retail price, if that makes sense.

Regardless, enjoy the prices.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg