test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are many rank 6's so unually cheap on AH?

2»

Comments

• bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Deflation increases the value of Zen, plus I think it's a win-win for Cryptic and the players.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe. Wouldn't it be better just to sell the mark? Well, possibly.

Keep in mind, mass farmers have to move just that... a mass amount of items. It's now common to see stacks of Rank 7 (99) items in the AH. Those items may move faster (albeit cheaper), that way. In the long run, they make more money selling items faster than they do selling items longer at the retail price, if that makes sense.

Regardless, enjoy the prices.

It would take ages to actually refine all those enchantments. Also, any crit during the process would make the resulting enchant unstackable. I don't think they are refined. The error on the Cryptic's side was to put a lot of effort to redesign the whole refining mechanic, and then make it useless by providing an almost unlimited supply of already refined, high rank (up to r7) enchantments.

Marks actually do sell very quickly if you put a good price (try placing a 99 stack of blue MoP at 12-15k each and see how long it lasts)... in fact there are no such stacks to be found. I can rarely find any under 20k.