test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion is visible while TR is in stealth

tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Wasn't sure if this was an intended,
When you have a companion out, even passive ones it's visible while you're in stealth.

More specifically, non-combative companions in the open world PVP zone.
We are currently the only class that is hindered by having a non-combative companion out in open world pvp. Since it renders our Class mechanic useless.

(*Note*) I understand most of you are frustrated with TR's stealth, but try playing any class without your class mechanic. No unstoppable on GWF, no stance dancing on an HR, no divinity on DC, no extra ability on CW. This effects more than semi-perma TR's.
Post edited by tittlemcgrittle on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they are going to allow perma stealth, then it is what it is. If they are going to allow pets in pvp then they should fix this. Rogues must remember though that the "pet" does not have the rogues abilities. A cantakerous wizard (only as an example, i know no rogue would have one) does not know how to stealth, just because the rogue does.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When you have a companion out, even passive ones it's visible while you're in stealth.

We are currently the only class that is hindered by having a non-combative companion out in open world pvp. Since it renders our Class mechanic useless.

(*Note*) I understand most of you are frustrated with TR's stealth, but try playing any class without your class mechanic. No unstoppable on GWF, no stance dancing on an HR, no divinity on DC, no extra ability on CW. This effects more than semi-perma TR's.

Mybe some remember but we played half year without unstoppable:).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    If they are going to allow perma stealth, then it is what it is. If they are going to allow pets in pvp then they should fix this. Rogues must remember though that the "pet" does not have the rogues abilities. A cantakerous wizard (only as an example, i know no rogue would have one) does not know how to stealth, just because the rogue does.

Nah man, my complaint is specifically with non-combative companions, IE stone and cat.
    The ones that deal damage I don't expect to be able to stealth with you. Ones that their sole purpose is to augment your stats should stealth with you though.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    They are reworking stealth anyway, so there is no need to ignore this adjustment as a way to nerf stealth due to impatience or frustration because it is already going to be dealt with.

However, it doesn't make sense that a Rogue's companion should be sheathed just because they are. I really couldn't care though. If it comes down to it I just wont bother using the companion. I don't PvE anyway so there isn't much point for me dumping all the extra money on companions to deal with it regardless.
    edited April 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    They are reworking stealth anyway, so there is no need to ignore this adjustment as a way to nerf stealth due to impatience or frustration because it is already going to be dealt with.

However, it doesn't make sense that a Rogue's companion should be sheathed just because they are. I really couldn't care though. If it comes down to it I just wont bother using the companion. I don't PvE anyway so there isn't much point for me dumping all the extra money on companions to deal with it regardless.

While that may be the case, they haven't said the stealth rework is at the front of their list or will be done any time soon. And it's not a nerf to stealth it's a complete negation of it.

For augmentation we can chose either a stone or a cat. A stone can be place inside our leather armor or hood to keep it hidden, and cats are known for being sneaky. So even from an RP standpoint it makes sense to have them stealth when we stealth. And it's not a PVE aspect, since mobs can't attack the non-combative pets, it's the open world PVP where other classes are allowed to have huge stat augments without negating their class features.
    edited April 2014
    stones should be invis with the rogue. I don't see a reason why anyone would be opposed to this. Other types of pets should not.
    edited April 2014
    stones should be invis with the rogue. I don't see a reason why anyone would be opposed to this. Other types of pets should not.

That's why I specifically referenced non-combative augment pets, I completely agree with this.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If the companions don't have a stealth ability themselves, they shouldn't be able to stealth. TR can't be targeted in stealth anyways.
    Stone's shouldn't be invis with the rogue because they don't have a stealth ability.
  • sirpattonsirpatton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    If the companions don't have a stealth ability themselves, they shouldn't be able to stealth. TR can't be targeted in stealth anyways.

Stone's shouldn't be invis with the rogue because they don't have a stealth ability.

I agree, Stone isn't a rogue and don't have this ability. Nobody force you to use pets. You can but you don't must.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When an HR uses any of his/her stealth abilities and our pets remain visible, hell half the time we or our animation is visible, so I know if I am going into open world pvp I can either choose to use companions or not. It is a choose you will have to make as a TR either use a pet a suffer a penalty to your stealth ability or dismiss the companion for complete stealth. Tough choice, but that is how the cookie crumbles. It does bring permastealth more to a game balance needs more work but it is a move in the right direction.

No companion should be stealthed, no where in the HRs or TRs tooltips does it says stealth applies to companions.
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sirpatton wrote: »
    I agree, Stone isn't a rogue and don't have this ability. Nobody force you to use pets. You can but you don't must.

An ioun stone however is effectively a piece of equipment, saying "stones don't have stealth." Is along the same lines of saying a rogues shirt should be visible because clothes don't have the stealth ability.

Your argument is a flawed attempt to justify handicapping rogues.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shrewguy wrote: »
    An ioun stone however is effectively a piece of equipment, saying "stones don't have stealth." Is along the same lines of saying a rogues shirt should be visible because clothes don't have the stealth ability.

Your argument is a flawed attempt to justify handicapping rogues.

No it is still a companion the last time I checked. It does not take an equipment slot but a companion slot, but hey I can check again if you wish.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Make it so that CWs can be invisible and I'll tag along with you and be your pet.
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    No it is still a companion the last time I checked. It does not take an equipment slot but a companion slot, but hey I can check again if you wish.

its floating around your head, attached to your character. you can classify it however you want but its still equipped onto the character. If a rogue is stealthing, he stealth's the inanimate objects that are attached to him as well, like swords, shirts or an ioun stone. herpaderp...
    edited April 2014

Non-combative pets don't have any abilities in the first place. They're basically enchants; or extensions of gear. Which currently our gear goes into stealth with us.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Thread cleansed, stay on topic folks and stay respectful. Thanks!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014

. . . By this merit, when a Rogue enters stealth, only their person should become invisible. Leaving their clothes and equipment for the world to see. It doesn't make much sense to me to discount the fact that Companions are visible while stealthed, especially non-combat ones, just because "it" doesn't have stealth.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only play a CW, with that said, stealth is a vital mechanic for the TR and should not be hindered by augment pets. Any issues any non rogue player has with this is simply biased.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Any TR whos tired of stealth qq and wished he just had unstopable/bonus encounter slot instead raise your hand :)
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . By this merit, when a Rogue enters stealth, only their person should become invisible. Leaving their clothes and equipment for the world to see. It doesn't make much sense to me to discount the fact that Companions are visible while stealthed, especially non-combat ones, just because "it" doesn't have stealth.

this is kinda dufus. Sorry green guy , stealth is an ability, not a magical power. It takes training to pull off. Pets do not have that training. Clothes? give me a break. Now ioun stones yes, i see those as equipment, but blink dogs know nothing about stealth or how to pull it off.
    edited April 2014
    this is kinda dufus. Sorry green guy , stealth is an ability, not a magical power. It takes training to pull off. Pets do not have that training. Clothes? give me a break. Now ioun stones yes, i see those as equipment, but blink dogs know nothing about stealth or how to pull it off.
    . . . Blink dogs knowing nothing about stealth? Do you know *what* a blink dog is and what it does? Your counter failed my friend.

. . . What about sprites, slimes, wererat thieves, and so on and so forth? Oh heck, as you said, it's an ability. Any sentient creature can have a semblance of stealth in D&D, it's just a die roll. So yeah.. Not sure why you're so flagrantly against this but your reasons do not reflect D&D and actually toss holes in your reasoning against. D&D (and Neverwinter) is a Role-Playing game after-all.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Unequip your pet before you enter stealth, problem solved. Don't ask for buffs for a already pretty broken game mechanic, please ~ tyvm. Maybe once the perma stealth madness has gotten a slight tone down, they could consider adding stealth for companions but in it's current state? Give me a break, please.

edited April 2014
    Unequip your pet before you enter stealth, problem solved. Don't ask for buffs for a already pretty broken game mechanic, please ~ tyvm. Maybe once the perma stealth madness has gotten a slight tone down, they could consider adding stealth for companions but in it's current state? Give me a break, please.

That doesn't solve anything. Again see my first post, no other class is hindered while using their class mechanic and having a companion out.
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Blink dogs knowing nothing about stealth? Do you know *what* a blink dog is and what it does? Your counter failed my friend.

. . . What about sprites, slimes, wererat thieves, and so on and so forth? Oh heck, as you said, it's an ability. Any sentient creature can have a semblance of stealth in D&D, it's just a die roll. So yeah.. Not sure why you're so flagrantly against this but your reasons do not reflect D&D and actually toss holes in your reasoning against. D&D (and Neverwinter) is a Role-Playing game after-all.

Then why can't every player character? if it's "just a die roll" And I thought blink dogs were using a magical ability to move between dimentions, not becoming invisable.

Should GF pets be allowed to have a block meter?
    Should gwf pets go unstopable when their master does?
    Should hr pets get 3 additional melee/range abilites?

They are just die rolls....afterall.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    do pets make GF block useless?
    do pets make GWF unstoppable useless?
    do pets make HR melee/range toggle useless?
    I don't think so.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Then why can't every player character? if it's "just a die roll" And I thought blink dogs were using a magical ability to move between dimentions, not becoming invisable.

Should GF pets be allowed to have a block meter?
    Should gwf pets go unstopable when their master does?
    Should hr pets get 3 additional melee/range abilites?

They are just die rolls....afterall.
    . . . I really just want to know why *you* are against this because seriously, both of our opinions we've tossed back and forth are valid.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Until Cryptic releases a companion with stealth as one of their abilities than I don't think it's going to happen. Unless you want to see pets go unstoppable, use block, use divinity, ect.

Companions should not be able to stealth unless it is an ability they have.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
    edited April 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Until Cryptic releases a companion with stealth as one of their abilities than I don't think it's going to happen. Unless you want to see pets go unstoppable, use block, use divinity, ect.

Companions should not be able to stealth unless it is an ability they have.

If it was a non-combative pet, they can go stealth, use block, switch stances all they want since it doesn't affect their purpose at that point, and the fact they can't take damage makes it a moot point. Again see my first post, I specifically mention "non-combative" companions. Otherwise no, I don't think a fawn should be able to go stealth, but something that is basically a part of you, and can easily be concealed. That should be able to go stealth with you.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If it was a non-combative pet, they can go stealth, use block, switch stances all they want since it doesn't effect anything at that point. That is more specifically my issue, other "combative" pets no those I don't think should have stealth unless it's an ability.

One can't really compare stealth to blocking or unstoppable because none of the mentioned abilities grant invisibility. Being able to bypass HD by stealthing is already questionably overpowered, bypassing another feature of the game by using stealth would not lead to too much "constructive" feedback.

Like i said, maybe (as in perhaps) once the devs put a stop to perma stealth, they "could" consider implementing such a thing as companion stealth BUT the stealth revamp has to happen first obviously. I am sure the devs are fully aware of the TR plague/problem.

edited April 2014
    One can't really compare stealth to blocking or unstoppable because none of the mentioned abilities grant invisibility. Being able to bypass HD by stealthing is already questionably overpowered, bypassing another feature of the game by using stealth would not lead to too much "constructive" feedback.

Like i said, maybe (as in perhaps) once the devs put a stop to perma stealth, they "could" consider implementing such a thing as companion stealth BUT the stealth revamp has to happen first obviously. I am sure the devs are fully aware of the TR plague/problem.

But here's the thing this effects all TR's not just semi-perma TR's, (again read my first post where I address this). If anything more-so than semi-perma TR's because semi-perma have a larger margin of error. Basically you screw up once with stealth it isn't as big of a deal because your cool downs are so low that you can just re-enter, burst TR's get one chance to blow you up, if they screw up before they can do that, they're done for.