test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emblem of Seldarine Tweak from Test Shard

kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
Figured one or two people might be interested in knowing... :cool:
panderus wrote: »
[*]Emblem of Seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.
va8Ru.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Figured one or two people might be interested in knowing... :cool:

This is going to be glorious xD
    * Grabs popcorn and gets comfy *
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Just as this note went up, all the emblems in the auction house are gone
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    It's about time they did this.
    ^This
    /10char
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Looks like I just saved some $ :)
  • amycusthornamycusthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just had a coversation on TS yesterday with some guildies about how OP it is and how they're most likely going to nerf it. Thank goodness I didn't waste any AD buying one.

And seriously, who didn't see this coming?
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    inb4....

"waah waaah you can't do this! we paid money for this!"

rofl. this is one of the best changes in mod3
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    moved from gameplay forums to preview forums. all preview features are subject to change before going live. please post your threads in their appropriate forums. thanks.

do not reply to this moderation note. send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    This is going to be glorious xD
    * Grabs popcorn and gets comfy *

Given that this is going to affect the PvPers and, well, you know how PvPers are.. can I interest you in a delicious pizza instead?
    edited April 2014
    Given that this is going to affect the PvPers and, well, you know how PvPers are.. can I interest you in a delicious pizza instead?

based on past threads, should be a 5-course meal :)))
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Nobody is flipping out yet >_< *so disappoint* guess the fireworks will fly once it goes live.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nobody is flipping out yet >_< *so disappoint* guess the fireworks will fly once it goes live.

People farming it and having it on sale might not want to spread the news before they actually sell them... the only people freaking out ATM will be people who purchased it (but considering the actual price, not many people could afford it) :P
  • forumposter1234forumposter1234 Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's because none of us care, in fact many of us are glad. I hate having to slot an emblem, gonna be psyched when I'm able to dump it and go back to waters or skull.

Sorry to disappoint!
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I personally think this is a good counter to the split-damage bug currently on live.

I had a combat log that looked like this:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Into the Fray absorbs 23 damage from MacrocosM's Deep Gash.
    [Combat (Self)] MacrocosM attempts to hit you with Plague Fire Weapon but you dodge.
    [Combat (Self)] MacrocosM gives 0 Fire to you with Plague Fire Weapon.
    [Combat (Self)] MacrocosM attempts to hit you with Plague Fire Weapon but you dodge.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! MacrocosM deals 23 (228) Physical to you with Deep Gash.

As you can guess, 43 ticks of plaguefire at 423 is 18189 hp, or 18361 at tooltip 427hp per tick.
    inbetween 2 ticks of Deep Gash.

I doubt Emblem of Seldarine and this plaguefire bug were supposed to go hand in hand.
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm GG cryptic way too shaft your BiS endgame players who actually buy zen, you do realize that an emblem costs between 5-7 million AD (for emblem) and will cost another 3,5-4 million AD to get to legendary? not saying emblem didn't need tweaking, it was OP, but your over zealous nerf to the ground routine is getting old, but why would you still make emblem a viable artifact when you can go to extremes right? anyways the waters artifact and even skull will be waaay more interesting to slot in now in comparison, and as for my money you will not see a penny of it ever again .
    Cant say I didn't see it coming though, since you guys seem to listen to the QQing way more than is necessary, Emblem for the most part was a learn to play issue, with the exception of dot based weapon enchants like PF and BT, I personally see emblems everyday in pvp, can they be annoying? hell yeah, if you have nubs that keep hitting people during those 15seconds, otherwise they aren't that big of a problem, perfect example is in 1vs1's were it is more interesting to have waters in slot, why because only idiots will hit you when you proc it .
    This said they should never have ticked for dot damage, only from incoming blows, and make that the ticks are determined by the hits received by the person who proc'ed it, not the guys being hit next to him, everyone would still get the heals, but that quantity would be determined by how many times the owner of proc'ed emblem would have been hit, and not everyone in the vicinity who is getting hit creates a tick as it is now .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
    edited April 2014
    The emblem's power was meant for PVE. It was too overpowered in PVP which either healed a party to full health or gave a party 15 seconds of immunity depending on how smart the opponent is.

Glad cryptic made this change. The good players will still be good.

Also, cryptic didn't set the price of the emblem, players like you did.
  • kurrailkurrail Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait for it...
    Hmm GG cryptic way too shaft your BiS endgame players who actually buy zen, you do realize that an emblem costs between 5-7 million AD (for emblem) and will cost another 3,5-4 million AD to get to legendary? not saying emblem didn't need tweaking, it was OP, but your over zealous nerf to the ground routine is getting old, but why would you still make emblem a viable artifact when you can go to extremes right? anyways the waters artifact and even skull will be waaay more interesting to slot in now in comparison, and as for my money you will not see a penny of it ever again .
    Cant say I didn't see it coming though, since you guys seem to listen to the QQing way more than is necessary, Emblem for the most part was a learn to play issue, with the exception of dot based weapon enchants like PF and BT, I personally see emblems everyday in pvp, can they be annoying? hell yeah, if you have nubs that keep hitting people during those 15seconds, otherwise they aren't that big of a problem, perfect example is in 1vs1's were it is more interesting to have waters in slot, why because only idiots will hit you when you proc it .
    This said they should never have ticked for dot damage, only from incoming blows, and make that the ticks are determined by the hits received by the person who proc'ed it, not the guys being hit next to him, everyone would still get the heals, but that quantity would be determined by how many times the owner of proc'ed emblem would have been hit, and not everyone in the vicinity who is getting hit creates a tick as it is now .
    There it is! :)
    Athas Taldiran - Half-Elf Hunter Ranger
    Raif Kurrail - Human Guardian Fighter
    Silvanesta - Human Control Wizard
    Turin Blackhammer - Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter
    Braden Swiftfoot - Halfling Trickster Rogue
    Iliyanna Silverstar - Sun Elf Devoted Cleric
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, cryptic didn't set the price of the emblem, players like you did.

Which is actually relatively cheap since you're better off farming something like CN (which prices have depressingly fallen, was only a matter of time, though people unable to price things properly doesn't help) and buying it yourself.

In 100 CN split runs you'll probably get between 10,000,000 and 60,000,000 AD. In 100 MC runs, you may see an emblem and you have a 1/5 chance to actually get it. Of course you can be lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. That's why if you want to play something rewarding, do avoid MC and VT =/. You get more AD, and you're guaranteed decent loot.
    edited April 2014
    kurrail wrote: »
    Wait for it...

There it is! :)

What's funny is he scolds people for QQing about Emblem and states it is a learn to play issue yet he is the one crying about it getting nerfed.

My suggestion is to take his own advice and learn to adapt.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The relative lack of commentary says to me that pretty much no one was surprised by an Emblem nerf. I don't think the devs could deal with the constant procs off of DoT without enforcing an internal cooldown, and that's part of what made the "don't hit them/only use heavy-hitting attacks" strategy impractical. With feats, boons, and weapon enchantments, there is DoT and incidental chip damage flying all over the place, making it difficult not to spam heal Emblem-buffed players unless your whole team is able to disengage completely for 15 seconds (without getting killed as they budget their attacks and try not to proc damaging effects).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    The relative lack of commentary says to me that pretty much no one was surprised by an Emblem nerf.

I'm also quite surprised but I think it is because not many people seem to bother to keep up to date with what is going on with the preview shard , when this goes live in 4 weeks I think you will see the real reaction , especially from players who have bought it very recently for millions and are clueless about the upcoming changes , I've seen them continue to be bought off the AH for very high prices so some people must still have no idea what is coming.
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not QQing giving my opinion that is all, you do realize that other people can have opinions right? and they are entitled to them as much as you are to yours, so unless you have constructive comments or criticism I really don't know what you're doing here aside from trolling...
    If you had read me you would have seen I have no problem with them fixing what is wrong with emblem, it is them breaking it that makes me angry .

As always i will adapt and will continue owning people like you in PvP, that is not the problem, the problem is Cryptic's marketing strategy, make class/enchant/artifact OP so everyone wants one, and when enough people have them nerf it to the ground and make it useless, rinse and repeat, again this is not a QQing post, it is fact .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
    edited April 2014
    Not QQing giving my opinion that is all, you do realize that other people can have opinions right? and they are entitled to them as much as you are to yours, so unless you have constructive comments or criticism I really don't know what you're doing here aside from trolling...
    If you had read me you would have seen I have no problem with them fixing what is wrong with emblem, it is them breaking it that makes me angry .

As always i will adapt and will continue owning people like you in PvP, that is not the problem, the problem is Cryptic's marketing strategy, make class/enchant/artifact OP so everyone wants one, and when enough people have them nerf it to the ground and make it useless, rinse and repeat, again this is not a QQing post, it is fact .

Fixing or making bugs is not a marketing strategy >.>. Not sure why you're complaining about lack of constructiveness and trolling when you make it person by saying you'll still be able to own people like him. Kind of hypocritical imo. I've not tested it, but it doesn't appear to look useless. That's like saying when they fixed the hv bug where it stacked to more than 3 that it made it useless and it's still the most widely used cw set. Other artifacts weren't that great after the healing depression nerf. Now this is closer to being in line with the other artifacts.
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Fixing or making bugs is not a marketing strategy >.>. Not sure why you're complaining about lack of constructiveness and trolling when you make it person by saying you'll still be able to own people like him. Kind of hypocritical imo. I've not tested it, but it doesn't appear to look useless. That's like saying when they fixed the hv bug where it stacked to more than 3 that it made it useless and it's still the most widely used cw set. Other artifacts weren't that great after the healing depression nerf. Now this is closer to being in line with the other artifacts.

Fixing bugs is a marketing strategy ;)

Also, the good players will not QQ about the Emblem nerf. They will just adapt and learn to play.
    edited April 2014

waw so pro. teach me plzzzzzzzzzzz
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's like selling you a porche and later coming back and replacing the engine with a suzuki 250 dirt bike's engine. Wait until they nerf the pet active abilities after selling gobs of them to people. You all know it's coming.

but it will be for the " balance" thank you for your patronage. You don't deserve a refund because you got the pet, just because it doesn't work as advertised it not cryptics fault. You should have seen the nerf coming. it's your fault. :rolleyes:
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Wait until they nerf the pet active abilities after selling gobs of them to people. You all know it's coming.

Now that will be a day to remember if they did do that xD , I can just imagine the rage .
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's like selling you a porche and later coming back and replacing the engine with a suzuki 250 dirt bike's engine. Wait until they nerf the pet active abilities after selling gobs of them to people. You all know it's coming.

but it will be for the " balance" thank you for your patronage. You don't deserve a refund because you got the pet, just because it doesn't work as advertised it not cryptics fault. You should have seen the nerf coming. it's your fault. :rolleyes:

This is my stance when something gets nerfed from "virtually mandatory" all the way down to "complete trash." Otherwise, balance tweaks can be expected in any game of this type. A 1 second ICD hardly renders it useless, but it does stop it from potentially dishing out thousands of HP every second, which is a reasonable tweak.

I doubt players will be lining up to buy Emblems for 10 mil on the AH, but that's the player economy for you. Even if the Emblem weren't nerfed directly, there'd probably be some other artifact or game mechanic change that rendered it less desirable somewhere down the line. The "meta" is always subject to change with game updates, especially in PvP.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited April 2014
    Fixing bugs is a marketing strategy ;)
    You know what I meant D:
    edited April 2014

Cryptic sells emblems on the zen store? Players set that 8mil price, not Cryptic.

As for companions, Cryptic has been selling them for PVE use not PVP. If some not-so-smart people assumed that Preview server is not subject to change, cryptic should not refund stupidity, but that's just my opinion.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    If you play a perma TR with Bile then yes your should laugh.

But other than that it affects only the top end PVP community. A lot of guys out there with emblem can beat all those whiners with or without emblem.

Emblem still works wonder in pug since most pug would just blow everything on you despite the emblem is on and their 10k gs. I mean it is really down to how you play, not saying emblem doesn't break games, but for most case it is not as OP as it is. I don't even like using my Emblem anymore afer the healing depression only using it in premade that requires heavy rotate or against certain class/comp.