test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emblem of Seldarine Tweak from Test Shard

2»

Comments

• ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If cryptic were selling emblems in the zen store or enchants for that matter, they probably would be pricier that what we see in AH ...
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If cryptic were selling emblems in the zen store or enchants for that matter, they probably would be pricier that what we see in AH ...

...You do realize that 5000 zen at the current rate of 405 AD per is equal to 2,025,000 AD, right? Even if it was at the highest rate of 500 AD per, the total is 2.5 mil AD. The current cheapest price in the AH is 6.8 mil AD. The chances of them pricing anything higher than 5000 zen is really unlikely, so it would be CHEAPER if it was in the zen store, ironically (since it wouldn't even be at 5000 zen most likely). It would require a price tag of 16,791+ zen to be more expensive at the current lowest price and current zen rate (as of this post).
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic sells emblems on the zen store? Players set that 8mil price, not Cryptic.

As for companions, Cryptic has been selling them for PVE use not PVP. If some not-so-smart people assumed that Preview server is not subject to change, cryptic should not refund stupidity, but that's just my opinion.

They sell zen. Which gets traded for ad. They indeed profit from creating rare op items, allowing them to stay that way for a duration, and then nerfing them. But that's just my opinion. I will go as far as to submit that they will allow the passive pet bonus' to be brought to live (less than 1 month to go) and then decide whether to nerf them or not. Probably after the initial run on pet buying.

I sure would like to be proved wrong though.
    edited April 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    They sell zen. Which gets traded for ad. They indeed profit from creating rare op items, allowing them to stay that way for a duration, and then nerfing them. But that's just my opinion. I will go as far as to submit that they will allow the passive pet bonus' to be brought to live (less than 1 month to go) and then decide whether to nerf them or not. Probably after the initial run on pet buying.

You're probably right about the pets.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

And then people would actually have a right to complain...or at least request a refund.

Cryptic isn't obligated to give them that refund, but it is a discussion to be had (unless I read the TOS wrong and someone can point me the section).
    edited April 2014

Or...this is a crazy thought but I will put it out there: maybe cryptic nerfs stuff for BALANCE. Yeah it is crazy indeed but its just a thought.

Your argument collapses in itself so there is no need to prove you wrong. Since everything is related to real $$ by your ZAX argument, then cryptic is unable to change anything even if it becomes broken or OP. Whenever cryptic tries to nerf something, people who lack perspective will claim its because they want more $$ (which they do, but that isn't the primary reason in the case for emblem).

As for companions, I ASSUME cryptic will not nerf them severely when launch comes out. However, if it becomes too game-breaking and unpleasant for majority of the NW players due to an OP combination or whatever, then Cryptic is within their rights to nerf it. A few idiots on the forums crying about greed shouldn't stop them.
    edited April 2014
    Or...this is a crazy thought but I will put it out there: maybe cryptic nerfs stuff for BALANCE. Yeah it is crazy indeed but its just a thought.

Your argument collapses in itself so there is no need to prove you wrong. Since everything is related to real $$ by your ZAX argument, then cryptic is unable to change anything even if it becomes broken or OP. Whenever cryptic tries to nerf something, people who lack perspective will claim its because they want more $$ (which they do, but that isn't the primary reason in the case for emblem).

As for companions, I ASSUME cryptic will not nerf them severely when launch comes out. However, if it becomes too game-breaking and unpleasant for majority of the NW players due to an OP combination or whatever, then Cryptic is within their rights to nerf it. A few idiots on the forums crying about greed shouldn't stop them.

Well We will see how long they wait, I am betting...until the pets stop selling. Just a hunch.
    edited April 2014
    Well We will see how long they wait, I am betting...until the pets stop selling. Just a hunch.

Well your hunch will come true sooner than later if a group of people happen to discover an OP gamebreaking combination of pets in the new PVP mode.

You can bet a justified nerf is coming just as this emblem nerf is long overdue due to the imbalance it creates in PVP
    edited April 2014
    Well your hunch will come true sooner than later if a group of people happen to discover an OP gamebreaking combination of pets in the new PVP mode.

You can bet a justified nerf is coming just as this emblem nerf is long overdue due to the imbalance it creates in PVP

An OP gamebreaking combination has already been found...many have been found.
    edited April 2014

This, and there has been tons of feedback about it already, if pets in open world PvP go live, we will have our answer to whether Cryptic is knowingly using game breaking additions to cash in on us players .
    edited April 2014

Tell me more about this OP gamebreaking combination, like the actual pets involved, the class and why it is gamebreaking
    edited April 2014
    1. Blacksmith/Renegade Evoker (maybe both if you feel like a real ******) + fey thistle + any high HP/Defense character (I have a rare renegade evoker on my destroyer GWF; about 1/3 to 1/2 of my damage to players is that one companion). I was attacking someone with only blacksmith (sentinel GWF) and I literally have 2k hp left by the time he died...he didn't swing at me once.
    2. The companions that add CC resist (you can get around +100% resist or more). Once you get the strongest, CC does nothing to you, at all.

Those are the only I've noticed, but there are more that others have found since I have a very limited supply of companions/AD and I don't care to even login anymore; lost all determination to play at the moment. The easiest toon to use them is GWF.
    edited April 2014
    1. Blacksmith/Renegade Evoker (maybe both if you feel like a real ******) + fey thistle + any high HP/Defense character (I have a rare renegade evoker on my destroyer GWF; about 1/3 to 1/2 of my damage to players is that one companion). I was attacking someone with only blacksmith (sentinel GWF) and I literally have 2k hp left by the time he died...he didn't swing at me once.
    2. The companions that add CC resist (you can get around +100% resist or more). Once you get the strongest, CC does nothing to you, at all.

Those are the only I've noticed, but there are more that others have found since I have a very limited supply of companions/AD and I don't care to even login anymore; lost all determination to play at the moment. The easiest toon to use them is GWF.

Do you have any video evidence of this?

I don't think there is even enough people on the test shard to even play the new PVP mode so I'm really doubtful that enough testing has been done on this matter
    edited April 2014

I don't think there is even enough people on the test shard to even play the new PVP mode so I'm really doubtful that enough testing has been done on this matter
    Everything I stated was known in the first few days since module 3 testing started and there were plenty of people there to test out open world PvP then.

For renegade evoker, its really easy to see. It does damage per critical hit to you on up to 5 targets nearby. At uncommon rarity it does 568 damage, rare does 1,137 and at epic I don't know how much it does, but I'm guessing ~1.6k or so. It ignores all resistance when it strikes the enemy. Now, what if you fight a TR using duelist flurry or any class with a high crit rate and you can stay in their face? I actually got players low enough and just followed them until they killed themselves with their own attacks for laughs. I don't have any major PvP gear at all; I was in my PvE gear except my armor and only respecced feats (ability score was the same with high Str/Dex) and can get ~30k hp with only that.

Now, I don't have a blacksmith or the CC resist bonus companions so I can't actually mess with it, so I'll leave that to someone else. A few people did a livestream on the open world PvP on the first few days it was out, so they have some video of it for you to watch. You can probably ask to fight some of the GWF through the forums to see the worst case scenario.
    edited April 2014

Well the guy laid it out for you. Whether you choose to believe it is up to you.
    edited April 2014
    Well the guy laid it out for you. Whether you choose to believe it is up to you.

I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, there was never enough people to play the new PVP mode multiple times. Why should I be given the ultimatum of either believing him or choosing to call him a liar? Only an idiot would stoop to being cornered into those 2 choices.
    Everything I stated was known in the first few days since module 3 testing started and there were plenty of people there to test out open world PvP then.

For renegade evoker, its really easy to see. It does damage per critical hit to you on up to 5 targets nearby. At uncommon rarity it does 568 damage, rare does 1,137 and at epic I don't know how much it does, but I'm guessing ~1.6k or so. It ignores all resistance when it strikes the enemy. Now, what if you fight a TR using duelist flurry or any class with a high crit rate and you can stay in their face? I actually got players low enough and just followed them until they killed themselves with their own attacks for laughs. I don't have any major PvP gear at all; I was in my PvE gear except my armor and only respecced feats (ability score was the same with high Str/Dex) and can get ~30k hp with only that.

Now, I don't have a blacksmith or the CC resist bonus companions so I can't actually mess with it, so I'll leave that to someone else. A few people did a livestream on the open world PvP on the first few days it was out, so they have some video of it for you to watch. You can probably ask to fight some of the GWF through the forums to see the worst case scenario.

I'll repeat it again. I will not discount what you said. It is very feasible. I have been testing with a lot of companions in the test server too and I can "theorycraft" some really OP combinations. But that is what it is at the moment. Theorycrafting.

HOWEVER, you will understand why I will not blindly follow what someone says in the forums without video evidence on this matter.
    There aren't even enough people to play the new PVP mode consistently and for someone to make claims like that. That is the biggest thing.

And I don't want cryptic making changes when there aren't even enough people to play the new PVP mode consistently.
    edited April 2014
    I confirm all of what midnightfang93 has said, did extensive tests over there, I will even add that there are a few other ones that make that combination even worse, I have seen HR's so tanky that it would take at least 5 people to take them down, TR's killing them selves duelist flurrying AFK GWF's, GF's or GWF's 5vs1 were they kill the 5 people attacking them, the people who QQ saying Seldarine is OP are gonna have a stroke when they see what the PvP crowd will be capable of .
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Bottom line: no matter what things gonna come down to, GWF would reamain at a good spot.

The rest are gonna get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one way or another lol.
    edited April 2014
    How can you confirm something when there aren't even enough players on the test shard to consistently do the new PVP mode?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And why exactly did THAT happen... Well that would be because someone decided to NERF damage in PvP, so... now when you use a companion or any enchant which damages the attacker back according to the damage they do to you... it probably does it at the original damage level calculation for the ORIGINAL level of damage rather than the "nerfed version".

Your initial attacker damage got nerfed but still exists in space as if it were caused damage by that much... so the pet likely reflects it as that much.... the original nerf caused this situation in the first place and opened a can of worms causing an even larger imbalance.

Where... if they wouldn't have created the problem in the first place with a nerf....

.... they wouldnt have to nerf a ton of other things... and then STILL wonder why things just get more and more unbalanced the more they nerf... When... if they'd have just not nerfed in the first place...

Its like a chain reaction, that hoses up things you never even saw coming... and then screws over the rest of the game when it was unintended... like say... Nerfing Pets now???

They couldn't have created this NEW imbalance and you COULD have just used pets normally just like any other Armor/Weapon Enchant in PvP... If they hadn't hosed things in the first place.

Wow... imagine that... creating a problem that never would have been a problem in the first place because they nerfed something...