test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Confessions of a satisfied PvP player and customer

2»

Comments

• froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry is that a requirement to giving a comment to the OP? Reading through the thread first? Are you kidding me?!?

Also the comment was to the OP and not to you, so I have no idea why you would jump in just to tell me something that has nothing to do with what I said.

Ok so she pays, by the looks of things she pays A LOT. And now she feels like she might not get enough attention based on per dollar spent. I get that people pay to win, I do. I hate it but I get it. But this one comes to the forums to boast about hating the grind and "supports the game".

She seem proud, and I have no clue why. She can kill someone with her bought and paid for OP GWF? Well, duh. GWF's in PvP pretty much have ONE rotation. Slap some dollars on this class and you have win, as in pay to win. It has nothing to do with skill, and if this OP is not proof enough I don't know what is. Chick in her mid 20's who hates grinding and have not even leveled a character is owning people in PvP, without going further than that, this says it all.
    edited April 2014
    he is a nub

If "nub" means playing for free since launch, yes, I am a "nub". Thanks for your input as well, both of your comments were very constructive and brought a lot to this thread. C'mon, even you must see how childish and ignorant it look -> "he is a nub". Don't see it? See a doctor about that.
  • trollcon1trollcon1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't want to feed the troll.
    But I must admit- I have a similar tactic of "enjoying" pvp in this game. I got a HR, a TR and GWF(also a GF and CW but they're mostly shelved atm) with max boons and gear and 4 weapon and 5 armour enchants at greater/perfect and about 15 r8s of different kinds. To enjoy the game I just kind of switch to the class that is OP at the time and drain all I can from it, until it gets nerfed/other class gets more OP and just repeat the same action. At no given time have I ever "not enjoyed" the game. Atm the big three will mostly likely dominate, passing the crown between themselves. Regarding paying money... As long as you have 3 relevant purple artifacts and r8+/perf weapon ench/Greater or perf armour chant you will be ok against almost everybody.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    But this one comes to the forums to boast about hating the grind and "supports the game".

She seem proud, and I have no clue why.

I only made this post because I saw so much hate towards this business system in the forums and towards PWI/Cryptic.

I wanted to show that there are people out there that enjoy this business model and have fun in the game.

As for class balance, I read some of your posts, and I have a CW as well. I feel your pain and I wish the CW would be just as powerful as my TR or GWF.

But until that happens, back to smashing (many CW) skulls with my other two classes.
    edited April 2014
    I only made this post because I saw so much hate towards this business system in the forums and towards PWI/Cryptic.

I wanted to show that there are people out there that enjoy this business model and have fun in the game.

As for class balance, I read some of your posts, and I have a CW as well. I feel your pain and I wish the CW would be just as powerful as my TR or GWF.

But until that happens, back to smashing (many CW) skulls with my other two classes.

Smash whoever you want, it's your right, you paid for it after all. Reading all your comments in this thread tells me that you are not a fan of the RPG/MMO genre, not even a fan of gaming tbh. You just like the feeling of being superior to others, and what better place to do this than the horribly unbalanced p2w PvP that is in Neverwinter? Answer is none, so you are in the right place for sure.

And yes I have complained a lot about CW and it being somewhat useless compared to other classes in PvP. After playing only CW since the game came out I got tired of it. I didn't want to roll a GWF because using one rotation and click click auto kill people isn't me. Neither do I want to be a ***** with a perma. GF is all about chain prones so no ty. DC? Tried it briefly but no ty.

I found that the HR is the least evil of all classes. I didn't follow anyone's build or advice, I simply did as I always did on my CW, find out for myself what is good and what is not. Nor will I pay to advance because I actually have some talent and I do alright as a medium geared HR.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    what a scrub cw
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    I found that the HR is the least evil of all classes. I didn't follow anyone's build or advice, I simply did as I always did on my CW, find out for myself what is good and what is not. Nor will I pay to advance because I actually have some talent and I do alright as a medium geared HR.

Well you chose wisely, HRs can be extremely OP. I have one as well at scrub level though :) I had very little time to play lately so I couldn't get boons and stuff for it, but I have quite a few HR friends that are extremely OP in PvP, to the point where they make a semiperma TR or IV senti almost irrelevant. It is a class that requires more skill to play however, so few players manage to do it right.

I expect you to be able to destroy similarly geared TRs and GWFs very soon :) Have a good time at it!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    what a scrub cw

Well all CWs are scrubs in PVP to a certain extent. Its not his fault, its a class balance issue.

I mean, still waiting on that video of ANY CW being competitive against a TR like Jerkface. Until then, people can run their mouth and make claims but they all back out when I challenge them with this.
    edited April 2014
    I mean, still waiting on that video of ANY CW being competitive against a TR like Jerkface.

You can wait forever.

The only class that has a good chance of downing top TRs such as Jerkface is a top HR. Since Shocking Execution works like it does nowadays, TRs have lots of fun bringing people from 50% HP to 0. This includes GWFs and tank toons, only I know how many times I raged on vent because I was winning against a perma and they got shocking in and it was game over for my GWF.

After shocking, there are two possibilities:

- soulforged procs; in the time period you will be getting off the ground, I will impregnate you with so much bile you won't survive 5 secs :P
    - no soulforged? You go directly to spawn dear.

A good HR however is able to even stay at above 50% HP while driving the TR crazy. We have a few HRs on our guild that are easily able to deal with top TRs.

But CW? hehe no.