test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Icewind Pass Adventure Zone

13»

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Introduction to the zone is rather confusing.

You are sent to meet with all of these different NPCs, and their connection to each other is not at all clear.

There really isn't any coherency to the introduction at all. It is just a bunch of jumbled conversations, it seems.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Haha , I like Biggrins tomb , not challenging by any means but a nice weekly quest to boost Konig coins .

The large cone AOE the final boss in Biggrins tomb shoots out sometimes hits you even if you are not within the cone itself , unless I was suffering some latency
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug
    I completed 10 Arcane brotherhood quests but received achievement credit for completing both the Arcane brotherhood quests and the Ten Towns quests. i understand that they might give out the same quests but seeing as it is an achievement it might be an idea to separate the 2 achievements
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At 2261 62 809 enemies disappeared when I was attacked them. Happened with a Wolf and a Bear Rider from the Maurauding Barbarian HE. They could still attack me but I couldn't see them any longer. The Wold showed up again after a few seconds, the Bear Rider killed me.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The end battle seems easier then some of the trash fights on the way. (I'm looking at you skeletal giant.) Maybe add a few mechanics for it to make it more in line with the rest of the dungeon and the zone in general.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    scathias wrote: »
    Bug
    I completed 10 Arcane brotherhood quests but received achievement credit for completing both the Arcane brotherhood quests and the Ten Towns quests. i understand that they might give out the same quests but seeing as it is an achievement it might be an idea to separate the 2 achievements

I had the same issue and agree.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just ran into one of the funniest bugs ever....

I entered the zone, saw a marauding barbarians HE a short distance just to the right from the entrance and went there.

Then whoa.....I fell through a hole in the world...not far, as I survived, but all of a sudden I was in a white wasteland, looking at the trees, buildings and other stuff from below.

I rode around a little bit - everything was empty, except right in the middle of nowhere was a single bear, looking all confused - poor thing must have fallen down a hole like I did.

I finally got out by using a teleport scroll.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whatever happened to the Zone in the last updated really did a number on it. HE's are uncompletable due to lack of enemies (probably fell through the world), companions don't last 30 feet before falling into a reality sinkhole, and if someone respawns on the map in a location other than a campfire, something to this effect happens. (There's a link in that text to a screenshot)

This has to be fixed ASAP. When I got stuck under the ground, the /killme and /stuck commands wouldn't work, and it took me half an hour to dig my character out.
    edited April 2014
    harnel wrote: »

This has to be fixed ASAP. When I got stuck under the ground, the /killme and /stuck commands wouldn't work, and it took me half an hour to dig my character out.

Just a tip , buy a bunch of the Caer konig teleport scrolls , Icewind pass is royally screwed up since the last patch , mobs fall through the floor if they charge towards you , HE enemies spawn under the floor , looks like they let the office intern have a go with icewind pass this week , Dwarf valley seems to be completely fine though , Devs , please don't let the guy who wrecked icewind pass near anything that needs fixing in dwarf valley , many thanks xD
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    THis is what is going to kill he game and alot of players are leaving. I hope you think its still "cool" when someone is running MORE than 100% CC resist due to pets and your a CW trying to control them.

It is cool, and if there are any balance issues they should be addressed. I've wanted pets in pvp since day 1.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. So we just tried 8 or 10 HEs in Icewind Pass (3-5 and 6-10) and couldn't finish one of them because mobs disappeared under the map every time. There is no point running them until this is fixed.

The good news is: The HEs are spawning again.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Yeti Quest with Gurth has him saying the wrong lines when you bring the Yeti Horns in. He's talking about bringing in Bear Claws rather than Yeti Horns. It looks like you have the quest dialogue messed up on this. Its been there all the while but it seems no one else is reporting it.

Also Aelred Windsinger has a typo in the dialogue when you return from the Lighting the Pass quest
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Yeah. So we just tried 8 or 10 HEs in Icewind Pass (3-5 and 6-10) and couldn't finish one of them because mobs disappeared under the map every time. There is no point running them until this is fixed.

The good news is: The HEs are spawning again.

Loboguild, Which one had something disappear under the map and where was it? Only reason I am asking is I have been able to complete every HE spawn several times with no issue. I want to know so I can test it out too.
    edited April 2014
    That's an old issue and has been fixed.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Duh, not enough coffee this morning and dealing with flooding outside...I see that now.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you pick up multiple hammerstone queen quests, you'll only be credited for 1 and the rest will disappear from your inventory.
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If you pick up multiple hammerstone queen quests, you'll only be credited for 1 and the rest will disappear from your inventory.

Confirmed , although I do like that the Troll bone epic crafting material has been added to the quest rewards ( I'm pretty sure I got no epic crafting mat when I did it last week).
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Shards of the Endless Avalanche seems to get much more often stuck (not moving when you try to push it) in the Icewind Pass than in previous maps. It seems to be having something to do with the ground being uneven. Anyways as it is one of the best control and damage dealing spells of CW, any chance someone could take a look at it? Currently it too many times acts more like poor delayed blast bomb than actual combat asset.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    The same 'Issue' that the SotEA has seems to affect the Hunter Ranger Daily 'Seismic Shot', too, since it is a 'Shockwave' traveling over the ground.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Could you please add some way to seeing what does any item you are about to buy look like when you wear it. Currently I am kinda feeling dumb going to buy fashion items from the black ice shop by description what the item is and not seeing what my character would look alike with it or even what does the garb look like in general.

You could add some pictures about it to the item and stands next to each merchant where that item is on show, but please remember to add their names also there so we don't need to guess what is what.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.