test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Meeggtoast Destroyer DPS guide

2»

Comments

• Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    warcus14 wrote: »
    Hey do u use the same set for pvp? Or do u switch it out since u only have around 500 armor pen without your stone
    And are u specially using the vigilant helm and chest for a certain reason or did u just pick any random?

I dont switch out, I do not pvp much at all. If you want to PvP then u do want to have higher armor pen.
    I will be switching out vigilant helm+ Chest for avatar since onslaught will be 10 seconds and will be easy for us to maintain.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Pretty much maintainable during all dungeon as long as you're hitting something.
  • Options
    axhind77axhind77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i will surely switch to full avatar too, but the "problem" is that without vigilant i will lose around 600 points of recovery. You think it will be a big deal to lose so much recovery, is it better enchant with some recovery over power?
  • Options
    warcus14warcus14 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    are u going to get the malabogs castle gear?
    2 set bonus gives u +450 power and the 4 set something pretty similar to the 4set of avatar
    maybe even 2 avatar and 2 of this?
  • Options
    fallenangel1911fallenangel1911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    Focused Destroyer is a key feat to this build. It makes that the destroyer passive can proc to even single target hitting thus overall gives a 12% total damage increase.
    Deep Gash is extra dps, Great Weapon focus 10% increase in your at wills, Disciple of war means recovery gives you free armor pen… 2 birds with one stone.

Destroyer Passive Vs Weapon Master
    Assuming Base damage is 500 and 40% crit chance
    Destroyer
    500(0.4)(1.12)(1.9)+500(1.12)(0.6)=761.6
    Weapon Master
    500(0.5)(1.9)+500(0.5)=725

With Perfect Vorpal:
    Destoryer
    500(0.4)(1.12)(2.4)+500(1.12)(0.6)=873.6
    Weapon Master
    500(0.5)(2.4)+500(0.5)= 850

That comparison assumes both features are already running on max stacks. That assumption is unreasonable.

Weapon Master is much easier to get to max stacks since any hit at all will increase the counter.
    For feated Destroyer against a single target like a boss or enemy player, only 1 out of 4 hits will grant a stack on average.

Max WM stacks: Guaranteed after 5 hits
    Max Des stacks: Achieved on average after 12 hits

A full Sure Strike rotation of 4 hits takes around ~2.6 seconds, WM and Destroyer stacks last 5 seconds before they fade, if they aren't refreshed before they run out. The thing is, you aren't guaranteed to get a stack of Destroyer every four hits. In fact, even 2 full Sure Strike rotations(which would already take longer than a stack lasts and thus make you start from scratch) still only put you at ~90% chance to get a single stack. Spend even a second or two to dodge an aoe while dpsing a boss or get cc'ed and that chance drops like a sack of bricks(yeah you can build stacks faster with unstoppable, but that still doesn't save you from the dps loss from dropping them all when having to dodge, it just makes it less severe).

Feated Destroyer as a single target dps source is a dodgy proposition at best. I'd rather spend the feat points on something else, use unfeated Destroyer for guaranteed stacks on 3+ enemies(not gonna be a problem the vast majority of the time) and slot something else for boss duty.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That comparison assumes both features are already running on max stacks. That assumption is unreasonable.

Weapon Master is much easier to get to max stacks since any hit at all will increase the counter.
    For feated Destroyer against a single target like a boss or enemy player, only 1 out of 4 hits will grant a stack on average.

Max WM stacks: Guaranteed after 5 hits
    Max Des stacks: Achieved on average after 12 hits

A full Sure Strike rotation of 4 hits takes around ~2.6 seconds, WM and Destroyer stacks last 5 seconds before they fade, if they aren't refreshed before they run out. The thing is, you aren't guaranteed to get a stack of Destroyer every four hits. In fact, even 2 full Sure Strike rotations(which would already take longer than a stack lasts and thus make you start from scratch) still only put you at ~90% chance to get a single stack. Spend even a second or two to dodge an aoe while dpsing a boss or get cc'ed and that chance drops like a sack of bricks(yeah you can build stacks faster with unstoppable, but that still doesn't save you from the dps loss from dropping them all when having to dodge, it just makes it less severe).

Feated Destroyer as a single target dps source is a dodgy proposition at best. I'd rather spend the feat points on something else, use unfeated Destroyer for guaranteed stacks on 3+ enemies(not gonna be a problem the vast majority of the time) and slot something else for boss duty.

the idea is to always have the 12% destroyer dps boost on encounters/dailies/atwills.
    Destroyer stacks lasts 4 seconds.
    IMO destoroyer stacks are not hard to keep up. you have unstoppable for 90% of the time, if you do know a proneable skill is incoming u can walk out of the way and most of the time unless its draco/malabog. u cant keep it up. I mostly sprint cancel nearly everything including sure strikes.

Atm the only thing that can possibly beat weapon mastery in dps is actually blitz, but due to unknown %. If blitz's chance on single target is higher than 10% then Blitz does more dps than Weapon master.

The guide maximizes your potential dps. If u cant dodge red while dealing dps at the same time theres something wrong.

warcus14 wrote: »
    are u going to get the malabogs castle gear?
    2 set bonus gives u +450 power and the 4 set something pretty similar to the 4set of avatar
    maybe even 2 avatar and 2 of this?

No malabog gear 1350 power and recovery translates to 33.75 more weapon damage> 5% damage increase
    axhind77 wrote: »
    i will surely switch to full avatar too, but the "problem" is that without vigilant i will lose around 600 points of recovery. You think it will be a big deal to lose so much recovery, is it better enchant with some recovery over power?

Most gwfs who switched are more concerned with the defense we lose. The recovery will be fine due to onslaught. If 1 encounter hits 3 targets u gain all 3 stacks of onslaught which gives you more recovery.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It doesnt sound like you have tried or experimented with Focused Destroyer and I think you're just making assumptions based on the tooltip description. Meeggtoast scenario is very reasonable. It takes a 3-5seconds to get the 3x stacks of Destroyer, and when feated, single target or not, the 3x stacks will not drop. You even get stacks using Daring Shout. Once you're in combat, it's pretty much a permanent 12% dps boost.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    mandragoran123mandragoran123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use this build on my GWF (13,7k gs + stone) and I love it! This build has helped me increase my damage alot and I'm always either at the top of the damage done list or a top contender during any dungeon. Two days ago a guildmember said that I was the first useful GWF he had ever seen. My next goal is also to get full AoW (currently using vigilant helm+boots). Big thanks to meeggtoast for making this guide for us and sticking around to answer questions.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i got a question about the weapon enchant tho
    I saw alot of high geared gwf's switching out lightning for plague fire or terror
    are they just stupid or may be there a upgrade possible?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    and why are u running with vorpal instead of lightning? Isn't lightning stronger since u're mostly AoE?
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    as this has fallen so far back a bump + what to use for def slots ? lifesteal/hp/def/deflection ?

• Options
    metaphoricrometaphoricro Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What is the bonus that you take from you`re pet runestons in ultilty slot?
  • Options
    vahlenxvahlenx Banned Users Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    Is this still the go-to spec for destroyers?
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    question

why unstoppable recovery is worth getting? it heals only 5% hp for one time right? so like 1250 hp heal if ur hp is 25k I dont think it worth
    now if it was like 5% healing for like 5 sec that would be nice
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    fajiyfajiy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I followed up this guide, but i have a question, is this guide still usable perfect nowadays? Especially for using Weapon Master Strike, is that better instead of using Wicked Strike, now is almost going to module 3. This guide was built up in August 2013, but now is April 2014, is that still good to use this guide or not?