Install Arc
Options

Implemention of NEW dye packs/bottles.

2»

Comments

• Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    White dye. How many more times do we need to say it! Would be so nice. Oh, and the ability to dye weapons again should definitely be re-implemented.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I think the developers want to protect the "look" of their game. They don't want people logging in for the first time and being greeted by a rainbow colored clown freak show.

Thats kinda funny, considering they started it with the rogue armor. You know, the stuff that makes one look like a demented murder clown in fetish gear. :p
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Being able to switch around Dye Pack Colors would be nice at a bare minimum.

There are so many times that I found myself not wanting to use dye packs because the it dyed colors in a different order than I cared for. For instance I may like the a color in a certain dye pack but I want that color in a different dye location. (Main, accent, trim, w/e)

The most recent example I can think of is the Pirate Dye (from the skirmish) on the hunters hood. It dyed the bulk of the hood red with the front trim being black. The dye would have been perfect if the hood was black with the front trim the maroon red color. Instead, now, I have a virtually all black hood because I did not want the bulk of the hood red.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Speaking of dyes; are we ever going to be able dye our weapons at some point?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Being able to switch around Dye Pack Colors would be nice at a bare minimum.

There are so many times that I found myself not wanting to use dye packs because the it dyed colors in a different order than I cared for. For instance I may like the a color in a certain dye pack but I want that color in a different dye location. (Main, accent, trim, w/e)

The most recent example I can think of is the Pirate Dye (from the skirmish) on the hunters hood. It dyed the bulk of the hood red with the front trim being black. The dye would have been perfect if the hood was black with the front trim the maroon red color. Instead, now, I have a virtually all black hood because I did not want the bulk of the hood red.

So much this! The Lliara's dye, in particular, would look great if I could switch the order the colors were applied.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    rainbow colored clown freak show

What, like this?

rainbowclown.jpg

Veldrin: *weeps* Why, gods, why. *rips off hideous clown mask and drinks heavily before crying himself to sleep*
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By the way, the devs responded really well to this idea. However, they were concerned that players would mix and match all sorts of (potentially wild and crazy) colors. But, it's something they will consider so let's hope we can see more options in-game. :)
    Given the options we have, I'd prefer the ability for trolls to make some really butt ugly eyestrain inducing color combinations if that is the "price" for having more options.
  • Options
    fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Sure would be nice to see some new dyes being introduced with the release of M3. *wink wink*
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh hey, it's this idea again! I love this idea, glad to hear you've forwarded this one up Pin!

I mean, it's not like there isn't a hinted suggestion that there could be some other officially.

Inventory_Consumables_Dye_Bottle_white.pngInventory_Consumables_Dye_Bottle_orange.pngInventory_Consumables_Dye_Bottle_yellow.png

I remember when I saw those two images the first time waaaay long ago about the time I first signed up and learned my way through the forums.

Totes stoked for them to (possibly) add in these and others! :3
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gold dyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    white dyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]