test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Implemention of NEW dye packs/bottles.

fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Since there is no proposal board anymore.. why by the way? I see no reason to why that was removed.
Either way, I hope it's fine to post this here.

For quite some time now we've seen dye packs dropping in with the Call-to-Arms and such events. But what about the individual dye bottles? Why have there been no new dyes at all since.. correct me if I'm wrong but since BETA? I know for a fact I have seen countless threads about this topic, and mostly from the RP community. I'm not an RP-person myself, but I do enjoy dying my gear to make things match and hopefully stand out a little on the battlefields. A part of this heated topic has been the ability to dye your weapons, as they are part of your gear. For some time this was possible to accomplish by a questionable method, but was fairly recently "fixed" without mentioned anywhere in a maintenance patch.

Now, couldn't you guys/gals consider adding something new and exciting to all the people that enjoys playing around with dyes? Isn't it time something new happens on this topic? Every time I see the weekly discount offers and some dye bottles pops up I just start crying.. As for example, adding some white/orange/gold/teal/gray/bright blue etc etc wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it. I can't stress this enough, that buying the "packs" isn't a solution at all, since you can't select which slot each color should be in. There just is NO way today to get the unique looks most people strive for. I'm a vorpal & soulforged user myself, and I would love to be able and use black/white and gray dyes to make my gear match my enchantments.

Please devs, satisfy our hunger for ingame fashion.. Or I shall relay a message to all the Fencebaners to set the inbreed Mimics loose! *rubs hands together in an evul way*
Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
- One of the 5 core founders.
Post edited by fantom3n on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, we really need some new individual dyes. The dye packs are nice and all, but since using one overides the other there is no way to customize them to our likely without more individual dyes.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see more individual dye bottles added, too. I would also like to be able to change the order that dye packs are applied. Lastly, I'd love to be able to change the material (as far as appearances go) for armor - like being able to make a GFs plate matte or giving a CW's robes a metallic sheen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I agree with the OP as well, more individual dye bottles are needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah single dyes are really needed , they went to the trouble of making separate areas to dye on armors then only ever give away dye packs that cannot be customized .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They could simply add dyes to Alchemy since the class colors are there already... would be nice to be able to make something you might actually be able to sell to help defray the cost of professions.

Also they could make the class/CTA dyes selectable as accent, primary, secondary or all... instead locked on all as they are now.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • atraleosatraleos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what would be cool? If the dye interface allowed you to turn off some of the color channels when applying a dye pack. The buttons are already there. You could just uncheck the color channels you don't want, kind of like how you can choose which channel the individual dye gets applied to.
  • fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the additional input guys.
    I normally don't push things once I have brought it up, but this is really something that most people would enjoy and benefit from. And to make it happen wouldn't require that much effort I believe. Would definitely make me wanna spend more time and zen into customizing my GWF. :)

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I usually use a dye pack that is somewhat close to what I want, and then tweek the rest with individual dyes. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to be able to dye weapons again!
    va8Ru.gif
  • tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    +1 much more individual dye bottles plz.
  • tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to be able to dye weapons again!

I agree with your comment 100%
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We desperately need white dye bottles. We desperately need gold dye bottles. We need dark reds and dark blues and dark greens. We don't have orange dyes or brown dye or yellow dye. There are so many great shades present in Dye Packs that simply cannot be acquired as individual bottles, and those Dye Packs may not always be helpful if the color you want isn't where you want it to be.

Customization is the biggest money-maker in all of microtransaction MMO history. It's worth capitalizing on with more dyes to choose from.

And let us dye our weapons again. Why did that even get taken away in the first place?
  • shelzchaosshelzchaos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What i would like personally (please correct me if im wrong) is more ways of getting single dye bottles, because as far as i know, you can buy them off the AH (which is expensive) or the Zen market, which some people might not use.
  • virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Id like to see new colors
    I mean they keep introducing same old dull colors
    how about the blazing red,frost blue,pure white etc
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    I've forwarded this suggestion. I'd love to be able to mix and match dye colors too. Thanks!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    First of all, I agree. More dyes, particularly single color instead of packs, would be awesome.

Secondly there never was a "suggestion" forum. Any discussion is a suggestion and there is no need to have a pretty suggestion title to make it a suggestion. Just pick the best category for the topic and start a discussion. :)
    edited March 2014
    I wonder why they couldn't just allow us to talk to a "dye maker" NPC, be presented with color sliders, and simply pay a fixed amount of Zen to buy bottles of our chosen color. The bottles could be marked with a hex value for the color, so people could make more of it. The dye vendor should also allow a preview of said color for different materials and under different lighting conditions.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder why they couldn't just allow us to talk to a "dye maker" NPC, be presented with color sliders, and simply pay a fixed amount of Zen to buy bottles of our chosen color. The bottles could be marked with a hex value for the color, so people could make more of it. The dye vendor should also allow a preview of said color for different materials and under different lighting conditions.

Let Alchemy do something like this. Alchemists make Aqua Vitae at the drop of a hat, but are seemingly stumped by simple dyes....
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Special (for example, irridescent) dyes from alchemy would be interesting, though my poor business-class laptop might strain at the extra shader work. I can always turn the setting down, though.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I've forwarded this suggestion. I'd love to be able to mix and match dye colors too. Thanks!

Thanks buddy, hope something can be done to improve this area, soon :) It's been long enough.
    First of all, I agree. More dyes, particularly single color instead of packs, would be awesome.

Secondly there never was a "suggestion" forum. Any discussion is a suggestion and there is no need to have a pretty suggestion title to make it a suggestion. Just pick the best category for the topic and start a discussion. :)

There wasn't a specific "feedback" board where people usually posted suggestions and asking for new features? Dang, could have sworn I've seen it and used it before. Guess the age is getting to me or I just been playing the game to much and not been active enough on forums :) Thanks for the input, I sincerely hope more new dye's are coming soon. I'm not as pretty as I know I could be on my dwarf gwf.

• abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    White dye please. You have Black dye, please give us white dye.

Even crayola's pithiest crayon box manages to have 8 colors... and most of them are missing in the Zen store. It can't be a big deal to add them, so please add them. Yellow, Orange, White, Brown... come on guys, make it happen.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ....And pale blue, pale green and....
    Oh and also yes, let us dye weapons again, please!
  • mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about that... allow alchemy to mix base colors (red/yellow/blue for instance) or more colors provided in ZEN shop to create new colors. Also adding white color would be nice.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    By the way, the devs responded really well to this idea. However, they were concerned that players would mix and match all sorts of (potentially wild and crazy) colors. But, it's something they will consider so let's hope we can see more options in-game. :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By the way, the devs responded really well to this idea. However, they were concerned that players would mix and match all sorts of (potentially wild and crazy) colors. But, it's something they will consider so let's hope we can see more options in-game. :)

Players should be able to have wild and crazy colors if that is what they really want. Though personally, I just want a bit of gold in the colors I already have.
    edited April 2014

Is the Lliara's dye not crazy enough already? :p Seriously, though, they could keep it to more reserved colors - like deeper blues, reds, greens, and only a few more bold colors - like white and gold.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Players should be able to have wild and crazy colors if that is what they really want. Though personally, I just want a bit of gold in the colors I already have.

I agree. I don't really see why wild and crazy colors would be an issue.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Are the same devs going to spank us if we don't brush our teeth right after breakfast? :p I mean, how we match available stuff shouldn't really be their main concern... IMO there are far more pressing matters.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To quote Clara from "The Guild" - " I NEED RAINBOWS SPOUTING OUT MY FINGERTIPS!!!"

:coughs once:

More seriously though I don't care if somebody has orange and green plaid boxers and a blue paisley shirt as long as they can support me well in a party.

Suggested colors -
    White
    Silver
    Gold
    Orange
    Pastels (YUCK but they look good on other people)
    Lime Green
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree. I don't really see why wild and crazy colors would be an issue.

I think the developers want to protect the "look" of their game. They don't want people logging in for the first time and being greeted by a rainbow colored clown freak show.

I don't think that would happen, but that's probably what is concerning them. Some people would probably do that. But I think the majority would just like some better customization options and wouldn't intentionally look terrible.

Plus it would probably make the game a ton of money. A lot of people would happily plunk down 20 or 30 zen per bottle of dye if it allowed them to pick the main color and accent colors of their gear. I certainly would. It seems like every piece of equipment I come across is a slightly different shade of dark gray, and since there's no dye pack that I care for I just leave it. A nice strong non-grayed out blue would be nice.

Seriously...this is the blue dye that you can buy:Preview_Large_Dye_Blue.png?version=3b91df5e9f2c05b90c57db66fd4a6728.

That's not really blue. It's "slightly different gray than the default gray." I think they can do better, and make money in the process. Come on developers it's a win-win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]