test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new dragon race! (APRIL FOOL JOKE)

melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCf2y0_Gnk

let's see the screenshots of your new dragons!

*OP EDIT: This post and video was intended to be an April Fools' joke brought to you by the Neverwinter team. Please do not regard this as serious information. If in the event you have inadvertently deleted a character in anticipation of this "race", please contact support. Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beastywestsidebeastywestside Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    April Fool's joke.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lmfao Dragon with Hat of the arcane wanderer was good but Dragon on horseback was better xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hardee-har-har. Well-done video. But as a pro video producer I can see the quick-hacks are like beacons to me (knockout composites) - but very well done just the same. It's exciting to be sure!
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I laughed when the guy said " Theyre a little OP in PvP right now, but were working on that, theyre getting balanced real soon" LMFAO
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I laughed when the guy said " Theyre a little OP in PvP right now, but were working on that, theyre getting balanced real soon" LMFAO

That video is priceless. But what made me laugh the hardest and loudest was the realization that ALL YOU DEVS ARE BABES-IN-THE-WOOD! Holy-Smackers, Batman, they're all KIDS! LOL

~Walks away slowly, slowly shaking a hanging head....~
  • Options
    josemigojosemigo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Drop the dragon is this a joke???? a dragon riding a horse wearing a hat???????????????? if this comes out im quiting the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL, might be believable right up to the point where they said "getting balanced real soon". Everyone knows characters aren't balanced for PVP.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2014
    No joke. I've got a dragon HR rolled up already. He's awesome. Shifting in and out of ranged/melee is awesome, and when you do Marauder's Rush the enemy actually throw up their hands and cower for 2 seconds. Awesome!
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will be really really pissed if Cryptic won't delivar this. I really really want to play as dragon. Please. With sugar on top.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why doesnt criptic play BGII, see what the game is all about and bring all those races and classes in the game instead of creating a Dragon char, Dragons are supposed to be in Dungeons and for us to kill, and yea they are supposed to be OP because they are dragons, it takes a whole party to kill, bring to the game different types of fighter classes, different rogue classes, etc. balance PVP where freakin GWF's are still OP, rogues are useless in PvE because they do no AOE whatsoever, every class on the game has at wills that are pointless, Gauntlgrym is so freakin boring that people just do it to farm DK and FC and other things that right now dont come up to mind.

STOP THE DRAGON CREATION DROP IT, PLEASEEEEE, DRAGONS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYABLE NPC'S. The game is not bad as it is, I play it all the time but where in your minds you think that a Dragon riding a horse looks cool??? Dragons FLYYYYYYY!!!!!! they dont need a freaking horse to take them anywhere, they probably eat horses for lunch.
  • Options
    manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This guy ^^ didn't get the joke....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one who sees this?? or is anybody willing to back me up?? or even fill in on my idea
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    is it a joke really? lol
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ^ LMFAO

/char
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    whaaat lol, ive seen the freakin video 10 times and it looks pretty real to me
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    guys im sorry if I wrote some things that make you life like "char" apparently, im venezuelan and english is not my first language, and for sure im no **** and know what im talking about
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    April Fool's Day
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hahahahaha this is even better than the joke of the video ROFLMAO!!!!
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Dragon pvp = winning
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Dragon riding a horse was just awesome!
    Although, as far as finding a way to make a playable Dragon:
    screenshot_2012-10-04-13-53-15_zps7d8ad969.jpg

That's one of my Champions Online characters.
    They use the same game engine as Neverwinter (although Neverwinters' is a bit beefed up).
    So, yeah, they COULD do it.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    josemigo wrote: »
    guys im sorry if I wrote some things that make you life like "char" apparently, im venezuelan and english is not my first language, and for sure im no **** and know what im talking about

I can assure you this is a joke.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

We've been expecting some sort of joke for a while now, such as the event that started today and the Gelatinous Cube mount that they should be rolling out.

The PC Dragons are a joke :3, and quite a hilarious one at that.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    April fools suckas!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Proud to see the dragon sporting the hat.. +60000 cool points is too much GS to pass up.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Oh this is just some awesome fun! Great joke!
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wait, you mean I shouldn't have deleted a character to make room for this!!! you guys suck...
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hahaha that is an awesome video! specially the part with the hat and riding the horse XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The April Fools joke is obvious, but it would be nice to have a D&D MMO based on the Council of Wyrms Campaign Setting.
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neverwinter-pvp-presse-event-domination_zpseeadc46e.jpg

Any chance for a PvP balance?

My Green dragon wipes most of a party with the Chlorine Breath and I hear the Red Dragon is even moar powful.

People were complaining also when I flew off to avoid damage.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Something tells me, that they are....Pulling our tails. With this one. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    im venezuelan dude sorry looooooool i got it now my guildies explained everything to me loooooool well at least i made you guys laugh
This discussion has been closed.