Options

new dragon race! (APRIL FOOL JOKE)

2»

Comments

• Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2014
    josemigo wrote: »
    guys im sorry if I wrote some things that make you life like "char" apparently, im venezuelan and english is not my first language, and for sure im no **** and know what im talking about

LMFAO, **** your comments got me laughing like crazy
  • Options
    oldguy25oldguy25 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So let me see if I understand this. I get the email, watch the video and say to myself "I gotta have one of these dragons" then go to my account and delete one of my characters to make room for it then can't find it in the character creation screen because it's some sort of a joke?
  • Options
    shinypotatoshinypotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xD that video was so funny
  • Options
    darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I deleted my wizard to make room for a dragon. They got me good. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    darkballad wrote: »
    I deleted my wizard to make room for a dragon. They got me good. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

If this happened to you, send in a ticket to our Support Team please! http://support.arcgames.com/.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With all the crud we give the devs on these forums, it's so nice to see them having some fun. The part about being op in pvp was classic.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't believe some people actually fell for this XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    . . . I didn't even see the video or read the articles and I knew it was an April Fool's joke just from the titles. Sounds like it was a good one though with how many seemed to have fallen for it!

. . . When I did watch it, it was so apparent in the comedic way they did the interviews and their eye behavior, I laughed several times. Especially when he said how OP they were in PvP.

. . . Thanks for the much needed laughs, Cryptic!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I didn't even see the video or read the articles and I knew it was an April Fool's joke just from the titles. Sounds like it was a good one though with how many seemed to have fallen for it!

. . . When I did watch it, it was so apparent in the comedic way they did the interviews and their eye behavior, I laughed several times. Especially when he said how OP they were in PvP.

. . . Thanks for the much needed laughs, Cryptic!

The dragon... wearing a little wizard hat... ON A HORSE!!! :p
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »

Yeah I am pretty skeptical too , simply seeing that dragon balanced on top of the horse or with the wizard hat on makes it pretty clear it's a joke .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah I am pretty skeptical too , simply seeing that dragon balanced on top of the horse or with the wizard hat on makes it pretty clear it's a joke .

The *only* way I could buy someone not realizing it's a joke is if they never watched the video, and only saw the news article title and immediately jumped in-game. Even then, though, if you had zoned into PE and *not* noticed dragons everywhere, that should have been a sign that something was up...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    i wonder what a dragon would look like in a courtesan outfit?!? :o

arggg!!!!!
    I can never get that image out of my head?!?!?!?!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »

There is no shortage of suckers in the world, good man.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is no shortage of suckers in the world, good man.

So said P.T. Barnum.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So said P.T. Barnum.

Yes, somewhere he is laughing uproariously :)

I wouldn't be surprised if kobolds became playable. Any bets on how many people would name their character Deekin?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best race ever. Already leveled a new HR to L60 rolling as a dragon.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Really funny, laughed so hard :))
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    josemigo wrote: »
    Why doesnt criptic play BGII, see what the game is all about and bring all those races and classes in the game instead of creating a Dragon char, Dragons are supposed to be in Dungeons and for us to kill, and yea they are supposed to be OP because they are dragons, it takes a whole party to kill, bring to the game different types of fighter classes, different rogue classes, etc. balance PVP where freakin GWF's are still OP, rogues are useless in PvE because they do no AOE whatsoever, every class on the game has at wills that are pointless, Gauntlgrym is so freakin boring that people just do it to farm DK and FC and other things that right now dont come up to mind.

STOP THE DRAGON CREATION DROP IT, PLEASEEEEE, DRAGONS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYABLE NPC'S. The game is not bad as it is, I play it all the time but where in your minds you think that a Dragon riding a horse looks cool??? Dragons FLYYYYYYY!!!!!! they dont need a freaking horse to take them anywhere, they probably eat horses for lunch.

This is either a joke post or,.. posted in total ignorance. D&D has had rules for playing dragons for a long time. Council of Wyrms setting, Draconomicon, and in Dragon Magazine for example to name a few. I've even done it myself. It was quite a bit of fun playing a rascally female gold dragon hatchling.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    This is either a joke post or,.. posted in total ignorance. D&D has had rules for playing dragons for a long time. Council of Wyrms setting, Draconomicon, and in Dragon Magazine for example to name a few. I've even done it myself. It was quite a bit of fun playing a rascally female gold dragon hatchling.

It was quite evident that the poster of the post you quoted later realized that, yes, in fact, this entire thread was an April Fools' joke.

For as much of a laugh as it may have been, though, it has outlived its usefulness. To prevent any further cases of this being taken a bit too seriously, I'm going to go ahead and close it down--making sure to clearly label the thread as the April Fools' joke that it was.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Closed" you say?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. Silly me for not checking that little box. Stupid insomnia.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

This discussion has been closed.