test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR PvE - is it possible to top the charts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i didnt see lf tr since they fixed fh and cn runs few months ago.it cant get any worse and its not going to be better.
    as i always say enjoy pve roll cw
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for TR's to be wanted we would have to make 2-3x more dmg overall :D so either other classes will get nerfed or there will be new dungeons to run throu. But for now tr's are only a pvp class
  • Options
    malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited April 2014
    if they made the boss fights more about the boss and less about the adds we would be wanted, also they could make the traps in dungeons more numerous and deadly ;) . we do in fact have the highest single target DPS I have yet to find a GWF , or any other class that can take aggro off me in a boss fight based on dmg alone, the only class I have found that can boss tank for me is a GF, and even they have to be good. The fact is that the easy way to make a boss harder is give them a lot of adds the harder way is to cram a bunch of coding into one mob and give them some special abilities and immunities. the devs chose the path of least resistance in the early dungeons, but later dungeons trend towards less add more boss, but we aren't there yet. In other MMOs your ST DPS is needed on boss fights where the longer you fight the harder the boss gets. these DPS check fights will kill groups without a good ST DPSer.
    This however is a F2P game and as such the devs seem to take the path of least resistance.

Part of what hurts the ST DPS classes in any game with PVP and PVE is PvP balance. Classes with lower ST DPS complain that the ST DPS class kills too fast so that gets nerfed, which breaks PvE balance but those who whine the loudest are the ones who are heard. it has been that way in every MMO I have played with both PvP and PvE. the fact is that many PvPers don't really want to do end game/more difficult content. and to some extent PvP rewards for showing up all be it a slow process if you aren't winning. So the players with less drive drive the game. this is not to say that all PvPers are players with less drive, simply that PvP is the route chosen by the majority of those who don't want to do the dungeon work to get ahead. When Lazy or bad players choose the PvP route and find that there is a class who will kill them every time they get close, they dont care that if they have range on us they tend to kill us. so they complain that we hit too hard or we are hard to kill. The Devs scramble to fix the " Problem" and stop the QQing and the end result is a nerf that breaks us in PvE, or a buff to another class giving them some of what we have while taking none of what they have from them. That is the way these games work.

so really it is a combination of factors that is causing us to be a less desirable class in dungeons. PvP nerfs and buffs that effect PvE, boss fights that still tend to favor AoE classes, scarcity of large difficult trash mobs, and an abundance of small one shotable trash mobs. did I leave anything out?

if you think we have it bad look at the poor GF most groups would rather have a rogue tank than a GF tank because their DPS is too low even ST. until the devs learn this lesson ( assuming that they will) your best bet is guild runs or runs with friends who are not in a hurry and understand class balance and class roles. find a guild that suits your needs and stay there. the fact is that WoW ruined their own game playing with class balance there were classes who's description was NOT DPS topping the charts when I left and classes who supposedly had " Some tanking ability" being preferred Main tank classes.

Enjya if we made 2-3x more dmg overall I would be making about far more dmg than the CWs im already right behind them and if im in VT or MC I'm often ahead of them. and if we did 2-3x more dmg it would be a matter of weeks before the nerf bat hit us again because of PvP. im sorry to say this but your best option is to find a group of friends to play with who dont really worry about speed runs and just want to have fun. AoE will always clear trash faster even if we had more dmg we could still only hit 1 or 2 one shotable mobs before the AoE burned them all down, unlike the HR we have to physically move to each mob to hit them...
    unless the game itself makes a good group dynamic imperative your best bet is to pick and choose who you play with rather than try to PUG endgame content. In WoW there was a time that PUGging endgame content was not doable and that endgame content was 40 man. even with a good group dynamic you needed a well oiled machine to complete the big raids. A regular 5 man group should be within reach to everyone.
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?