test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview: Respen's Marvelous Game

Comments

• zedayceezedaycee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Curious discovery: The name of the mage, Respen Durothil is an anagram for Thunder Spoiler....
  • choose4mechoose4me Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What the? If you like this concept, here's a foundry quest submitted like a month ago with a remarkably similar premise:

Title: Towers and Trolls
    Shortcode: NW-DIXHTZ2JH

Nice touch with the snot glob companion, though. I look forward to playing this and seeing all the many ways it varies.
  • kalspirokalspiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For everyone calling fake, there is something you're not taking into account. You don't announce a fake mechanic the week before April Fools that starts on April Fools. You announce it ON April Fools and laugh at everyone who falls for it.

This advance setup means it's a real thing intended to be taken as a joke. It's funny and silly and meant to be taken as such, but it's still entirely real. Like the Super Adventure Box in Guild Wars 2. Except they did that one double right because they announced it on April Fools, set to start on April Fools, but also actually made it a real thing in game.
  • lillyamadulillyamadu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reading over what they were doing, my first thought immediately went to the Borderlands 2 DLC, the one where the Vault Hunters play a game within the game. Haven't played that one myself, but I'm really looking forward to the event. Just hoping there isn't as much grinding as the winter one. Any more unlucky anglers and something was going out the window...
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The idea of Adorable Pocket Pet is interesting. But from the viewpoint of roleplaying, it won't feel comfortable living in our pockets, will it? We often have to run, jump, dodge, and fight. And we also receive damages from enemies so the chances are high that we might accidentally have it hurt or even killed.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lillyamadu wrote: »
    Reading over what they were doing, my first thought immediately went to the Borderlands 2 DLC, the one where the Vault Hunters play a game within the game. Haven't played that one myself, but I'm really looking forward to the event. Just hoping there isn't as much grinding as the winter one. Any more unlucky anglers and something was going out the window...

Given that it is only running a couple days, it won't have as much grinding as the winter event.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    Anyone knows what time it will start tomorrow?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Anyone knows what time it will start tomorrow?

Neither the OP or the preview give a start time which is kinda strange , they usually give a time and have a time converter so we know , I'd be interested to know the start time too ,unless it begins at midnight? lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Neither the OP or the preview give a start time which is kinda strange , they usually give a time and have a time converter so we know , I'd be interested to know the start time too ,unless it begins at midnight? lol

Well I will be on at midnight to try for it!! Well, midnight EDT anyway.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
    edited March 2014
    I just saw in the in-game calendar that the event will start at 1pm. !8 hours 39 minutes from now.

Edit: Does anyone know if the slime companion and the pocket pet bought from the event store are going to be BOA or BOP?
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    I just saw in the in-game calendar that the event will start at 1pm. !8 hours 39 minutes from now.

Edit: Does anyone know if the slime companion and the pocket pet bought from the event store are going to be BOA or BOP?

Dardove posted a screenshot somewhere that shows the ones bought in the event shop are BoP so I guess the ones that drop will be BoE

Edit : found it , he posted it on Reddit here is the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/ahCfE
    edited March 2014
    The tooltips in the event calendar show both the event reward companion/pet (RNG) and those in the store are BOE. Only difference is the word 'bound' in front of the companion/pet description in the store.

I hope the store ones are BOA and not BOP, like the transmutes in CTA stores. :P
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ignore this post
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    ignore this post

If I ignore it, then I wont know that I shouldn't of read it. And if I read it, then its to late to ignore it.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It states that you gain crystal dice which you can use to purchase BOUND ( doesn't specify if it's character or account bound - likely character bound )versions of the slime and pet .
    There are also RNG chances of getting BOE versions of the slime and pet as part of the event also
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pet Panel wrote: »
    you can equip one pocket pet at a time

This sounds interesting, like their will be more of them. Also, possibly a new sot to equip them into.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'm holding out for the gelatinous cube mount :cool:
    words could not describe the epicness of that lol.. too bad you can't name mounts, I'd name it the swag cube.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Dardove posted a screenshot somewhere that shows the ones bought in the event shop are BoP so I guess the ones that drop will be BoE

Edit : found it , he posted it on Reddit here is the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/ahCfE

That's awesome. I like the pet, but love the munchies. Mountain Dew and Red Vines. Pity we can't use both at once. They're an epic combo. ><
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    only 3 dice after doing the first run through.. for an even thats only 2 days the dice drops kind of suck.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2014
    I'm looking forward to playing this evening after I get home from work. I'm a bit sad there isn't an SCA component to it, sniff.
    edited April 2014
    The Dryad's voice over cracked me up...lol
    edited April 2014
    Quite good also , but queue's are a little slow again
    edited April 2014
    got the pocket pet on my 5th run .... hope for many more
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Great event.

Well done dev's.

:)
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Event is self is fun but to be honest same as last event which really REALLY pisses me off

People are spamming LFG/Zone chat SOooooOOOooOOo much you cant even click on persons name to let them know to invite you before 4 pages ave spawned

Timer for my TR/HR is like 9-13 minutes

When I did get an invite Some one invited me and says "useless nab tr" and kick me...

yeah great event pity about the population
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    off topic: that pic reminded me why i should not drink coffee whilst reading the forums
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited April 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    I am quite enjoying the event. Don't see why everyone seems to have something negative to say about every single event they have. Just my observation.

I agree, it's a really awesome free event that Cryptic really didn't have an obligation to run , after all April fools day isn't really big enough to warrant an event . Probably one of the best events I have played in any mmo.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's good to see they introduced a different feeling to gameplay so overall it's a nice work. Just the fights are a bit too easy. The only thrill and challenge is probably the gelatinous cube mob.
    edited April 2014
    Personally, this is my favorite event so far. Randomness in the skirmish is great.

My only 2 complaints are:
    If you get a challenge, it doesn't show up on the UI so you can't see your progress and you have to hover over the item before you pick it up to know what to do for the challenge.

It doesn't last through the weekend. Not everyone will get a chance to run it as much as they like with it being only on weekdays. Plus this Saturday is Tabletop Day so it fits with that as well.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic, congratz! This event is a riot! For those of us who have played tabletop D&D in the past, this event was sooooo hilarious! Dice as enemies! Melodramatic voices! Random encounters! Hahaha! What a blast! Keep up the great work!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
This discussion has been closed.