test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Preview: Respen's Marvelous Game

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited April 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey there, Adventurers!

We're excited to announce our upcoming event, Respen's Marvelous Game, begins next Tuesday, April 1, 2014! You'll be able to play your character on a tabletop game! How cool is that?

To learn more, please click here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3039173-preview_-respen_s-marvelous-game.

Oh, and here's one of the rewards you could receive:
e29bdeb5af18afdcce0559631b5b8d6e1395774794.jpg
Green Slime Companion

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm holding out for the gelatinous cube mount :cool:
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    larethiancorelonlarethiancorelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    begins next Tuesday, April 1, 2014[/B]!

April Fools or real event? :P
  • Options
    tyrion8104tyrion8104 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Nice catch! I didn't even make the connection....
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It is a real event, but it is the April Fools event for the game.

The one thing I find a bit odd is that April 5th is International Tabletop day, which this event would fit in with as well, but the event will be over before then.
  • Options
    tarwixtarwix Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

The one thing I find a bit odd is that April 5th is International Tabletop day, which this event would fit in with as well, but the event will be over before then.
    That confused me even more.
    Why would it be over by the 5th (Saturday) if it starts on a Tuesday?
    Willing to try it out even as a joke on 4/01 regardless.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

Well - it's a very ODD start day (Tuesday) as Cryptic almost always starts events on Thursdays after standard maintenance and this has always been true for Star Trek, Champions and even Neverwinter up to now. So, Until it happens, I'm thinking a pinch of salt to go with consumption of the announcement would be a good idea. -laughs-
  • Options
    fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Fake, I call fake!
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My guess is the fact that another major mmo is being released about that time, so maybe they're trying to keep players interested. That, and April Fools Day is a minor holiday.

Other then that, this interests me. It's nice seeing a new event, and something other then a skirmish or loot drops. It sounds like it could be fun.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    echokazul wrote: »
    My guess is the fact that another major mmo is being released about that time, so maybe they're trying to keep players interested. That, and April Fools Day is a minor holiday.

Other then that, this interests me. It's nice seeing a new event, and something other then a skirmish or loot drops. It sounds like it could be fun.

I would like nothing more then this event to be real, BUT my Gut tells me it is just a well played and elaborate April Fools gag. Guess we will have to wait till the first, either my instinct will be correct OR I will never be happier to have been wrong.

April fools may be a minor holiday but there is a long history of On line Games pulling stuff like this on it, hence my reticence to believe it is real. I do agree it would be a nice change from the CTA/Loot Drop Events though. I just don't think this game has a mechanic in it that would allow for this to work.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just don't think this game has a mechanic in it that would allow for this to work.

Just scale everything up in size and create some new specific assets. That is really all they had to do.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just don't think this game has a mechanic in it that would allow for this to work.

These were posted in the foundry part of the forum a couple of weeks back so the event must be in the client and if it isn't real they are taking a lot of trouble to make it seem real http://imgur.com/a/iAU5U
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    These were posted in the foundry part of the forum a couple of weeks back so the event must be in the client and if it isn't real they are taking a lot of trouble to make it seem real http://imgur.com/a/iAU5U

OMG, that is awesome, I now have hope it is in fact a real event! Thanks for posting the pics.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    fantom3n wrote: »
    Fake, I call fake!

I can tell from some of the pixels ...
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope - if it's real and fun - it becomes a permanent or monthly event.

Kinda miss the ancient paper and dice days. Though I had tons of lead miniatures
    I never used them in the game. Did make Green Slime out of lead solder, though. :)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It reminds me of the "chess game" in Karazhan (one of WoW's raids for those who don't know about it).
    Here's to hoping it's real! And if not, well played Devs, you got me for a while.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand how to play this event. Can you please explain its' mechanics to me?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    I don't understand how to play this event. Can you please explain its' mechanics to me?

Nobody knows yet , they only gave us a preview so far
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From the picture, this looks to be a cool change from the usual stuff. We'll be tabletop figurines or something like that?
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm more interested in the armor. I haven't done much to improve any other than my CW's stuff. Anyone care to drop me a line on that stuff? I'm guessing its TR armor?
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    I'm more interested in the armor. I haven't done much to improve any other than my CW's stuff. Anyone care to drop me a line on that stuff? I'm guessing its TR armor?

Hunter Ranger Grim items (T2 PvP gear). If you click the image to embiggen it, the bow is more obvious.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "he slimed me!"

That Gelatinous Cube mount idea has merit.....

I'm always looking forward to new events and this one seems to be rather interesting.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hunter Ranger Grim items (T2 PvP gear). If you click the image to embiggen it, the bow is more obvious.

Looks like I've got a reason to level my HR. That stuff looks fantastic! Thanks :3
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    "he slimed me!"

That Gelatinous Cube mount idea has merit.....

I'm always looking forward to new events and this one seems to be rather interesting.

ah I remember Cube Riders from 3rd edition. Drow's with rings of acid resistance.
  • Options
    xaionhiaxaionhia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    april fools XD
  • Options
    npyoungnpyoung Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So we'll be playing a tabletop game inside a video game based on a tabletop game...

Gameception?
  • Options
    nuljonesnuljones Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    npyoung wrote: »
    So we'll be playing a tabletop game inside a video game based on a tabletop game...

Gameception?

Good call.

Everything about it (including that irony) says April Fools to me. I don't believe it's real for a minute. Great gag though.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    nuljones wrote: »
    Good call.

Everything about it (including that irony) says April Fools to me. I don't believe it's real for a minute. Great gag though.

It is a real event.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since the companion is already in the collection listing, if it's a prank they've outdone themselves with details. lol
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gelatinous cube mount: -50% movement speed. All enemies encountered are absorbed, suffocated, and left in a puddle of green sludge behind you. Upon dismount 12 seconds of sticky pants and green goop footprints. Can be dismounted if suffering 3 hits in 6 seconds or a loss of 15% of health or if you ride it over a sewer grate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Gelatinous cube mount: -50% movement speed. All enemies encountered are absorbed, suffocated, and left in a puddle of green sludge behind you. Upon dismount 12 seconds of sticky pants and green goop footprints. Can be dismounted if suffering 3 hits in 6 seconds or a loss of 15% of health or if you ride it over a sewer grate.

Probably be a zen store mount, not an event mount.
This discussion has been closed.