Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yay! A Dread Vault nerf!
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But will the druid be in the Collections now as well?
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So no update to LONG PVP QUEUE wait times???
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Hmm.. I wonder what will be on sale today?
  • Options
    urfavoriteasianurfavoriteasian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HOW ABOUT FIXING THE FREAKEN LAUNCHER Neverwinter. I've been having like 30-50kb/s and i cant download the game at this speed. And to make it worse it always says restarting client when I reach too 535mb. I understand you guys are busy with other things. But least fix problems first before u add new stuff. I've been playing since the closed beta and recommended this game to lots of people and they have played it. So please don't lose your loyal players and be smart please! I'm sorry for being mad, but I've been asking for help and no one has answered!
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2014
    I'm assuming the pvp queue fix only isn't mentioned in the notes right? Just like last week they didn't announce they were about to mess the queue up.
  • Options
    razorlanrazorlan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This morning, Windows 8.1 and the Arc launcher both decided they didn't like my old copy of Neverwinter. The Arc launcher could not find Neverwinter anymore, and Windows 8.1, when the old shortcut was clicked on, gave an error message about "this app is not compatible." This is very odd, since it was working fine just yesterday. So, I get to spend the entire patch downtime redownloading the entire game.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys, relax. This is a minor server maintenance, where they'll use the downtime to constantly squash little bugs. This isn't a major update.

Every single time one of these threads get posted, it's nothing but angst and insults tossed towards the developers. It makes me wonder why they don't just post the notes, lock the thread and be done with it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    deathstar9deathstar9 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've been playing Neverwinter pretty steady for a few weeks or so now with my guy and we have rarely run into anything that we would consider a great issue, and perhaps that's because of playing another game for 9 yrs where issues get fixed but come back again with new updates, along with more issues, so ...

If you would be so kind ... would you tell me what kinds of things you would like for the developers to fix as opposed to what has been posted so far (I don't think full release notes are available yet, but I could be wrong). Humor me if you will, I'm just curious to know what the veterans have to say about what they consider to be "issues" that should command more focus.

Thank you very much in advance. :)
  • Options
    enemyteamftwenemyteamftw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really hope that the queue for PvP has been fixed and just not mentioned playing the game almost seems like a chore with 30-40 min wait times on the queue for PvP to pop have hardly even been playing the game since last week when the servers went down because of this!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    deathstar9 wrote: »
    Humor me if you will, I'm just curious to what the veterans have to say about what they consider to be "issues" that should command more focus.

Thank you very much in advance. :)
    If it really needs to be said yet another time, pvp queues taking about 30mins on average since the last update. Most players pvp at least occasionally, a lot of them quite often. This issue pretty much cripples the game for them beyond belief.
    As far as I'm concerned, this could be the only thing fixed and yet such a patch would still be a lot more valuable than the one at hand.
    I still have faith they only didn't mention this fix in the current notes, but it's in fact there.
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2014
    I thought Shocking Execution and Fox Shift were going to be adjusted with this patch?? WTF!!
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    I thought Shocking Execution and Fox Shift were going to be adjusted with this patch?? WTF!!

Where did you hear that? lol
  • Options
    deathstar9deathstar9 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If it really needs to be said yet another time, pvp queues taking about 30mins on average since the last update. Most players pvp at least occasionally, a lot of them quite often. This issue pretty much cripples the game for them beyond belief.
    As far as I'm concerned, this could be the only thing fixed and yet such a patch would still be a lot more valuable than the one at hand.
    I still have faith they only didn't mention this fix in the current notes, but it's in fact there.

This is the first maintenance update for NW where I've actually looked at the discussion going on, and I haven't done a lot of reading at the forum as yet, so hearing about the PvP issues is one thing that I saw mentioned in the beginning of this thread I think, but I was wondering what "all" of the fixes are that people are pissed about that the Devs should be focused on. So far I've only seen a couple or few things mentioned in this discussion.

NW isn't that old a game, and coming from a game I've been in for 9 yrs where every single version update is a friggin' nightmare with NOWHERE NEAR the content and game-play level that NW has, I am just curious to know what the "priorities" are for the players, because in a short time, we've been able to make it to Level 60 and near Level 60 with but one, or maybe two frustrations that were minimal at best.

So ... I guess it's the PvP action in the game that occupies most of the participants, is that right?

Thanks for your response though, it's appreciated.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thoon Hulks will now use their AoE less frequently.
    lol, I just pugged Aberrant Assault yesterday with a freshly 60 HR. It's a welcome change though, since she still need Dread Vault.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »

You can put your Fomorian Fabled Nerf Bat down...

Shocking Execution is just an attack with a little more bang for the buck on any NPC I've ever used it on... matter of fact I'm Shocked when it actually Executes something as it seems to like to leave a NPC standing with no red showing 9 out of 10 times... and 2 dozen others still running around as I have run the gauntlet to finish off the quest boss. [EDIT: not talking about Skirmish/Dungeon bosses]

But I know this is coming "something PvP" related...

PvP does not exist to me, haven't done it and don't really plan as this point... as I'll never have the gear to do so.

They need to have separate PvE & PvP feat lines... even if it's the same skills and/or feats, just name them different...this way if they need to nerf a skill/feat, it would only effect either PvE or PvP side and not both if it's just a problem with balancing PvP.
    The PvE/PvP build could toggle like Ranger's ranged/melee... when you're in PvE, those skills/feats are active and PvP those ones would be active.

I really hate nerfs for PvP especially since there's no regard for the fallout on my PvE characters... I'm a gimp and got crappy gear, but I'm still having fun... so leave my rogue alone.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So no update to LONG PVP QUEUE wait times???

I don't think this is any reason to complain about. Why do people want the jack of all trades device?
    You want even PvP-matches, which means you have to play against players about your skill. If there is nobody online, then you have to wait in queue until someone about the same skill joins the queue.
    That's it. I think there is no way to change this.
  • Options
    equilamequilam Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Combat
    • Some powers that had an offset to where the FX fired from now properly respect collision in all cases.
    And I though you finally fixed with that the issue, where any character's power goes on full cooldown without an effect in the game, if the target wasn't on a flat surface, i.e. on stairs, on a mushroom and so forth. ****, was I wrong. But with this very precise description it is cristal clear, that it stays a mystery what the target of the fix was. Or if there was a target.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fey blessings allowed enchants to drop when you killed the dummies xD that's what I heard anyways
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The usual statements: Please keep your feedback constructive. Also, patch notes aren't always indicative of how long a maintenance period should take--there are backend things that are usually done during server maintenance that aren't player-facing, such as backups.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about fixing some real bugs instead of random meaning less things like dummys ?
  • Options
    tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand, why the 1 gig patch???
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »

There are today's fixes plus the data for the April fools event that begins on Tuesday plus there is probably other stuff in there that they either don't need to or don't want to tell us about .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    stojcastojca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fullscreen mode is broken with today's patch.
    Both windowed are working but fullscreen isn't, was working this morning before the patch.
    Game is pretty much tiresome now, can't go check anything in browser with fullscreen not working and is hugely less appealing for play.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was no need to nerf Thoon Hulks IMO. In fact it was always alot of fun fighting these in DV, one of my favorite dungeons.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Straw Target Dummies can no longer be killed.

Aww, but I liked killing the Straw Dummies in the Trade of Blades.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »

It wasn't a 1GB patch, that is the amount of files that is getting patched up. the actual patch is smaller
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pvp queue times seem fine, altho balance is mindnumbing (more so than ever before). wonder if ELO got reset again, don't have any other explanation for games when me and four other 16k's get pitted against what seems to be five 10k's tops. countless times.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just pulled the patch down, will give it a try. All I can say is, thank goodness for ArcRepair.exe. Every time there is an Arc update, it refuses to update fully and I can't run it unless I perform a repair. I wish I knew why.

Every time there's a patch I experience some trepidation, due to my system specs below:

HP 8710w laptop
    Intel T9500 CPU
    4Gb RAM
    Onboard Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M
    Windows 2000 Professional SP4

Note the last line. I issue my own 2k updates, and I can only run Neverwinter because over the last four years I've ported so many XP API's and security fixes back to 2k that it's compatible. I always worry that the Cryptic coders might decide to use another XP API call that I haven't ported yet, forcing me to fire up Ida Pro and put together another patch. My fingers are crossed for this one...

Edit: so far,so good. No obvious problems, at least, and performance appears to be the same (which isn't ever great, but this laptop is from HP's business-oriented line and isn't really meant for gaming. I use it mainly for coding).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.