akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol or you could actually update your windows to a current version
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    lol or you could actually update your windows to a current version

I could, and I indeed bought a copy of Win7 Ultimate for testing, but I refuse to upgrade for my primary use. I use Win7 at work and I can't stand it. XP was the beginning of Microsoft trying to make Windows more "consumer-friendly". Instead, they added a bunch of cruft that just gets in the way. 2k doesn't get in my way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well we are in Cloak tower and the door is bugged it will not open.
  • Options
    aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And of course there are always hidden updates in these patches, the ones devs aren't willing to admit to that they screwed up on.
    Treasure Troves are now bound and cannot be sold. There are still treasure troves being sold in the AH but only the ones that have been up before the patch. If you need an advance in your dread ring campaign now is the time. Be wary of fake troves, the ones that only give out vanguard scrips.
  • Options
    alysethalyseth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I been playing the game since well since the beginning. I recently had to uninstall the game and reinstall because the game was qlitching or freezing up. Then had no problem playing after fixing and checking my video card and all that jazz. Now with the new patch I cant finish the patch because I get an Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Then it tries to restart the patch. So what should I do please help..
  • Options
    cbysacctcbysacct Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think with an error 36 you have to have the launcher started up as admin, and you can also use the option to force verify, under the options menu.
  • Options
    risendragonrisendragon Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    80291d046cd80a3c512b95e4e86b25c8.png

Due to being unable to kill the training dummies, the reverse has begun to happen. Please reverse your decisions! I fear we may have to leave the game if we continue being slaughtered by mere dummies!
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pan8cMc.jpg

Too much. They slaughtered us like peasants.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    urfavoriteasianurfavoriteasian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yo neverwinter please help Philippines, there is something wrong with our connections like (PLDT, GLOBE, SMART) it wont allow us to connect to your servers and we are getting lots of errors and slow downloads. Please respond my guild has been complaining about this for 5 days now. Its all started with that new update. So please respond, I've been asking for help and but no one seems to care. So do something or you probably gonna lose like 80 to 100 loyal veteran players!
  • Options
    instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    zurimor wrote: »
    I don't think this is any reason to complain about. Why do people want the jack of all trades device?
    You want even PvP-matches, which means you have to play against players about your skill. If there is nobody online, then you have to wait in queue until someone about the same skill joins the queue.
    That's it. I think there is no way to change this.

Well, there actually are a lot of reasons to complain about. Maybe it has never happened to you, but in my case i have to wait a frkin long time in queue, only to get my 12K gs HR smashed by a premade of 17Ks. So whats the skill/gs balance we are talking about here? Because Im nowhere near their GS, which, in this game means, im nowhere near their skill.-
  • Options
    djtinkdjtink Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Don't poke the bear." "Don't complain about how silly our patch choices are." "Don't have an opinion that conflicts with ours." "Anything not complimentary of our choices is not productive feedback." "Don't mention major end game flaws like not being able to participate in Gauntylgrym PVP at all." Basically shurrup and take what we give you. Nice. Thanks for deleting my post. *poke* *poke* *poke*
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And of course there are always hidden updates in these patches, the ones devs aren't willing to admit to that they screwed up on.
    Treasure Troves are now bound and cannot be sold. There are still treasure troves being sold in the AH but only the ones that have been up before the patch. If you need an advance in your dread ring campaign now is the time. Be wary of fake troves, the ones that only give out vanguard scrips.

About freaking time they did something about that exploit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OK, I know this is gonna get moved to the can, but having worked in IT for a software developer before, I found it funny:

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch it around
    117 little bugs in the code.
  • Options
    veilofentropyveilofentropy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The usual statements: Please keep your feedback constructive. Also, patch notes aren't always indicative of how long a maintenance period should take--there are backend things that are usually done during server maintenance that aren't player-facing, such as backups.

So, I take it my previous post was deleted as it was not "constructive" enough. Well, let me see if i can phrase it more constructively...

Since 04/13, Knight's Valor (KV) has been bugged. There are over one dozen posts on this forum regarding this bug, not to mention the several hundred internet reports. I have submitted several bug reports, contacted (by forum message) several NW staff and yet KV is still bugged. KV has now been bugged for very close to ONE FULL YEAR. There was an attempted patch to fix it which did not. NW staff are, and should be, well aware that KV is still bugged. As stated previously, I, and others, have provided the details regarding the bug numerous times to NW staff. It would be really nice if KV could be fixed. I know it is frustrating and irritating for me to be tanking a dungeon only to have to relog every couple of minutes to reset KV. I am confident there are other players who feel similarly.

The KV bug poses some issues when running an instance such as VT, where (due to other bugs), if you log out or die during a certain point, you can not progress. I have, effectively, wasted a large amount of time during a DD in VT where i was unable to get to the boss due to both bugs and lost the facility to claim the DD chest. I have also lost many other chests from DD dungeons as relogging after DD has finished seems to cancel the DD chest reward. I believe this is unfair and unreasonable.

Additionally, this bug may be the reason why not many players would like to make a full tank as it is not good to have a GF in a party where they have to relog every couple of minutes due to a bug and not have an arguably powerful encounter work for large amounts of time while in the dungeon.

Would NW staff please be considerate enough to respond with what they are doing to fix KV and when a fix is likely to occur? A response to this post, my bug reports, the dozen or so other forum posts, my private messages and the hundreds of internet complaints, i believe, would be greatly appreciated by many!

I am reasonably confident that NW does not want to continue losing paying players as they already have over this specific bug (I know of twelve so far that were Founders and regularly spent money on this game - well over $200 per month) and I do not believe I will have more of an inclination to do so either, particularly while a one year old bug of an encounter power that regularly, if not almost continuously, leaves the encounter power unable to be used.

In short, Knight's Valor is bugged. It has been bugged since 04/13. Please fix it.

It is really nice of NW staff to spend the time 'fixing' issues such as NPC sounds and making target dummies unkillable. With a view towards understanding NW's 'bug triage', is this perhaps an indication that NW will be fixing KV sometime soon?

I hope so.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited March 2014
    deathstar9 wrote: »
    NW isn't that old a game, and coming from a game I've been in for 9 yrs where every single version update is a friggin' nightmare with NOWHERE NEAR the content and game-play level that NW has, I am just curious to know what the "priorities" are for the players, because in a short time, we've been able to make it to Level 60 and near Level 60 with but one, or maybe two frustrations that were minimal at best.

I'm not sure why you keep repeating that you used to play a bad game. Games are not a necessary evil where you pick the lesser evil and be happy just because you had it way worse somewhere else.

Obviously, leveling is not a priority. It takes little to no time investment / effort. Stuff you do at "end game" is. Meaning pvp, dungeons, you name it.
    And just like in real life, anything that wastes time (like long queues) is seen as being bad. Especially since this game is built to offer greater rewards for managing to do a certain activity in a short timeframe.

What is the point of your question?
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Cloak Tower stone door will now properly open in all cases.

Devs, this was not this door. It's a wall near the end of the maze.
  • Options
    veilofentropyveilofentropy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you keep repeating that you used to play a bad game.

Sugarlies, I don't think deathstar9 is repeating themselves unreasonably. From their two posts that i've read, the mention of them playing other games seems to be an explanation to assist others in comprehending their perspective. I don't think it is necessarily unnecessary, 'bragging' or with any malicious or negative intent.
    What is the point of your question?
    In the post you quote, deathstar9 doesn't actually ask a question so I'm not certain what you're referring to. Perhaps you refer to the question initially posed which was a general inquiry from NW players on what they see as 'issues' for the game as, they don't seem to have experienced any that are significant.
    Games are not a necessary evil where you pick the lesser evil and be happy just because you had it way worse somewhere else.

Obviously, leveling is not a priority. It takes little to no time investment / effort. Stuff you do at "end game" is. Meaning pvp, dungeons, you name it.
    And just like in real life, anything that wastes time (like long queues) is seen as being bad. Especially since this game is built to offer greater rewards for managing to do a certain activity in a short timeframe.
    I do agree with this in the main, although I think perhaps the general perspective that it is good to simply appreciate what you have has some benefit (not all, otherwise i wouldn't be complaining so much about the Knight's Valor bug!). :)
  • Options
    deathstar9deathstar9 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sugarlies, I don't think deathstar9 is repeating themselves unreasonably. From their two posts that i've read, the mention of them playing other games seems to be an explanation to assist others in comprehending their perspective. I don't think it is necessarily unnecessary, 'bragging' or with any malicious or negative intent.

In the post you quote, deathstar9 doesn't actually ask a question so I'm not certain what you're referring to. Perhaps you refer to the question initially posed which was a general inquiry from NW players on what they see as 'issues' for the game as, they don't seem to have experienced any that are significant.

I do agree with this in the main, although I think perhaps the general perspective that it is good to simply appreciate what you have has some benefit (not all, otherwise i wouldn't be complaining so much about the Knight's Valor bug!). :)

Thank you for the support and understanding. I certainly didn't mean for my contributions to be anything but positive and inquiring about something that I wished to be informed about, and I think I get it now based on what others have posted. I'm really new to the game and my guy and I are really enjoying it. We have both reach level 60 now and we really don't have any major complaints, but now I guess is where the serious stuff starts, which is fine, and we're prepared to go the distance, so perhaps we will experience some of the things that the others have mentioned.

I was just curious, and after 9 yrs in another game where there were always issues, it's been an absolute pleasure leveling in NW, so sorry if what and how I wrote caused any kind of a rift, was not intended at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens from here.
This discussion has been closed.