test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian fighter and pve

alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
delete this class from game and replace with a wizzard similar with tons of dmg and CC
it has no purpose and no use to play im sick of trying to grp for something where ppl only want to play with bugs or only CW
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2014
    delete you from the game j/k but seriously they arent gonna do that because they already have a wizard that does that lol screw lfg those people usually only play a certain way and lfg is like grouping with a bunch of strangers who also already hate you. Should you mess up even once even if that mess up is for the good of the team they will possibly treat you as less than nothing.

i know this as fact because its happened to me alot even though i was helping out someone else on the team.

i love the GF its a good class its the other class the cw that is broken which is what makes it feel pointless.
  • Options
    ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Give me 2 swords and let my GF be DPS.let me be just another dps.Because this game DOESN'T need a tank.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited March 2014
    I'm actually getting pretty depressed feeling useless. I didn't think much when I chose to play a guardian fighter but I put a lot of care and love and read different sources to make a nice build that I found very fun to play with. Just now it seems no one really wants us around, when brought along we're there for kiting or for buffing. I'm tired of investing in a character I love but people keep telling me it's good for nothing :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i invested time in this class and efforts to gear it , i gave it a chance tried to learn it as much as i can .... i can't do anything further i cant group in dungeons and i barely get an invite in VT even if im "experienced" the dungeon is very easy and u can do it with a GF has good mobility on caskets too and you can force boss to attack only you with knigh challenge also u make her do half dmg with aoes but ehm ppl are like brain washed no we need more CW and gwf more i believe if they ever make a 10-20 raid dungeon prob will be like this 15cw and 5 gwf and rofl ....

hope the devs will do something about this class and nerf CW and GWF in pve so this class can have a future , i dont care about pvp the reason this class is so ... left behind is pvp
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm still enjoying my GF, now more so than ever. Yes, we need a tweak here and there, notably threat generation and animations, but I love it.

And nerfing CWs and GWFs isn't what is needed. What is needed is reworking of the dungeons. Less trash and more elites that cannot be CC'd. Bosses and elites also need to hit harder and do it more frequently. Doing this will make a GF necessary.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    I'm still enjoying my GF, now more so than ever. Yes, we need a tweak here and there, notably threat generation and animations, but I love it.

And nerfing CWs and GWFs isn't what is needed. What is needed is reworking of the dungeons. Less trash and more elites that cannot be CC'd. Bosses and elites also need to hit harder and do it more frequently. Doing this will make a GF necessary.
    i agree with your point but i have doubts this will happen checked a bit the new module is more pvp oriented and pve is left behind AGAIN
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i agree with your point but i have doubts this will happen checked a bit the new module is more pvp oriented and pve is left behind AGAIN

To be fair to PVP, Mod 1 & Mod 2 were all PVE, introducing Sharandar and Dread Ring along with two new dungeons and new PVE gear. PVP has been heavily neglected. Aside from the recent introduction of Tenacity and match-making, PVP hasn't had much.

I must also point out the "PVP patch" also improved two of the GF's encounters; Anvil of Doom and Griffon's Wrath now fire much faster to the point that Anvil is now part of my PVP rotation. We've been crying for animations to be sped up a bit and they obliged. Now hopefully they look at our dailies, as I get proned or killed too often while trying to use a daily.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly, Thestaggy, while your point is fair, I must say that they never got PvE in a decent state, and right now, it just feels like they have given up:

- All balance is being done around PvP. Bloody obvious.

- New gear is PvP oriented.

- Content is PvP.

- Zero tuning of the dungeons in the last 3? 6? months. I am not complaining that they haven't got it right. I am complaining they are not even trying.
  • Options
    fallenpower161fallenpower161 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem with The Guardian Fighter, is that people don't realize how vital we are to keeping them alive. Our class was ment to defend the "squishy" classes because they have less defence skills and dammage taken points. We are ment to absorb dammage which is why we have such a high defensive point system and gear. People just dont relise that because they are ignorant pricks that dont realize the importance of defence and they complain about how they always die. the Guardian Fighter class does not need anything done to it. Well, maybe a beefup in damage done to enemies, but that is it. We are a defense class, and we need to stay that way.
  • Options
    dissssppppdisssspppp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem with The Guardian Fighter, is that people don't realize how vital we are to keeping them alive.

Guardian Fighters are not vital to keeping group members alive in any way, shape, or form.
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem with The Guardian Fighter, is that people don't realize how vital we are to keeping them alive.

Of course they don't. When I stop to chat in channel or talk a minute with my wife, the rest of the group goes on like nothing happens. Yeah, they don't realize, ignorant pricks.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Honestly, Thestaggy, while your point is fair, I must say that they never got PvE in a decent state, and right now, it just feels like they have given up:

- All balance is being done around PvP. Bloody obvious.

- New gear is PvP oriented.

- Content is PvP.

- Zero tuning of the dungeons in the last 3? 6? months. I am not complaining that they haven't got it right. I am complaining they are not even trying.

Sharandar and Dread Ring are not PVP though. Both also introduced new sets for each class as well as boons and artifacts that benefit both PVP and PVE. Gauntlgrym is both PVE & PVP.

The new PVP gear came in with a ''small'' update, not even a full module that introduced new PVP maps (Hotenow and Rivenscar for what, a year?). Icewind, like Gauntlgrym, is both PVE & PVP. I ran it last night and was involved in a 20-man fight against NPCs. Players from both factions fighting alongside one another. Was awesome. Yes, there are also flagged areas where you can PVP, but there are very much co-op PVE elements to it.

I will agree that PVP QQing and subsequent balancing is harming classes in PVE, but to be fair PVP has been very much second fiddle to PVE.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    they should add a marked quote for new players on GF and TR tht says pvp only the classes are totaly usesless in pve .... because they dont deal tons of dmg like gwf/cw and have CC or like gwf mega TAB tank immune dmg and tons of dmg
  • Options
    cbhughescbhughes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GF was my first class when I was introduced to the game and I was very content with it seeing how most people only wanted me if I had Knight Captain set which is very easy to afford/run dungeons for. Although GF doesn't get invited to any PVE other than mostly Icespire and almost never to end game VT since the main strategy is dps Valindra there with no real "tanking" needed unless someone messes up on caskets in final phase. But since I don't like PVP in this game I decided to reroll to Cleric, and yeah, jump on the CW bandwagon for a better PVE experience. I do however keep playing my GF every now and then in hopes that one day changes are made so that Conq GFs aren't the only types out there and real tanking GFs are reborn.
  • Options
    detourrdetourr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I respect the gf class... they are always infront, receive most damage, hold most aggros they really are vital to a group or team... sometimes they cant hold all the aggros that long.... they are not gods!!! helping a gf to kill or kite some aggros will give them a relief and have time to heal themselves... hey that is why you build a group or team to help eachother right?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    detourr wrote: »
    I respect the gf class... they are always infront, receive most damage, hold most aggros they really are vital to a group or team... sometimes they cant hold all the aggros that long.... they are not gods!!! helping a gf to kill or kite some aggros will give them a relief and have time to heal themselves... hey that is why you build a group or team to help eachother right?

they are not anymore... they are replaced by GWF they are tanky too they can hold aggro too due the treathning rush or daring shout + they deal the highest dmg in game even more then a cw because "deepgash" thats their secret .... so basicaly go anywhere with 2x gwf and 2x cw and faceroll urself into everythig especialy vt .....

R.I.P guardian fighter has no point in this game and dont give me arguments like pvp cuz im not even intersted in pvp
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    forgot to say im using Knight captain set especialy to buff ppl has 60% power and 25% defense on proc what could u want more from it ... and still i dont get invited anywhere... instead of fixing and buffing this class for pve they are nerfing the "knight captain set" reducing it to 15% power from 60% ofc sounds op but nobody plays in pve this class why to nerf it ? instead of nerfing other prio things in the games and buffing this class especialy TAB on gf is a joke is like the devs are trolling me with this
  • Options
    mynwacctmynwacct Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    disssspppp wrote: »
    Guardian Fighters are not vital to keeping group members alive in any way, shape, or form.
    Please elaborate on this statement, as it is pretty vague and inaccurate. I am a gimp 12.4k gs GF after patch was 14.4 k before and respeced to a hybrid protector - conq, with decent group we where doin great in 60 pvp pug and i got #2 twice and was totaly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyone and everyone who came near me(even permas where gettin flyswatted by us). And btw the one who scored #1 the other GF on my team.... GO GUARDIANS DONT TAKE THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> FROM THESE TROLLS!!!!! i understnd also im not that good and the other team may have been bad but i must be doin something right.
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ravenkkin wrote: »
    Give me 2 swords and let my GF be DPS.let me be just another dps.Because this game DOESN'T need a tank.

LMAO! Ay I was kinda thinking that xD!!
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mynwacct wrote: »
    Please elaborate on this statement, as it is pretty vague and inaccurate. I am a gimp 12.4k gs GF after patch was 14.4 k before and respeced to a hybrid protector - conq, with decent group we where doin great in 60 pvp pug and i got #2 twice and was totaly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyone and everyone who came near me(even permas where gettin flyswatted by us). And btw the one who scored #1 the other GF on my team.... GO GUARDIANS DONT TAKE THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> FROM THESE TROLLS!!!!! i understnd also im not that good and the other team may have been bad but i must be doin something right.

This thread is called "Guardian Fighter and PvE" and you show up saying how amazing you were in this pvp match... -.-
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It wouldn't be a Guardian Fighter anymore if it dual wielded, it would be a Tempest Fighter.
  • Options
    damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Dear Everyone,

My main character is a GF, and I love it (of course! it is my PG). Whenever i open a post on the GF class, I can mostrly read only comments like "GF useless", or "GF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>", or "GF erase it" and similar claims. These comments are not constructive at all, and if you just need to steam out your stress go out with your partner or go to the gym. The fact that GFs are useless is only your personal opinion, probably because you are CWs or GWFs, and it is not an objective fact! If you do not like GFs, go to play other classes and comment on the posts of your own class. You want to claim that you do not need GFs in this game, but WE - GFs - do not need your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Go *****ing somewhere else!
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it is constructive to point out that of all 6 classes, GF is the most ineffective in mod 3/IWD.

I play all 6 classes, I know for a fact that despite being to take slightly more damage than other classes, that counts towards nothing when the enemies hit as hard as they do in Heroic Encounters.

Surely a GF can try to survive the enemies, but against more than 3 of those tough ones with large hitpoints, its unlikely to take down any of them because you the GF simply does not do enough DPS, and if he is to survive taking damage, he is deprived of actually doing damage to the enemies most of the time.

None of the other classes have this problem, not even the DC, because it has extremely powerful AOE spikes and debuffs. IWD clearly demonstrates how the GF has been left way behind the other classes in terms of progression with each new module update.

I want to like the GF in IWD honestly, but really, it's just a liability.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I think it is constructive to point out that of all 6 classes, GF is the most ineffective in mod 3/IWD.

I play all 6 classes, I know for a fact that despite being to take slightly more damage than other classes, that counts towards nothing when the enemies hit as hard as they do in Heroic Encounters.

Surely a GF can try to survive the enemies, but against more than 3 of those tough ones with large hitpoints, its unlikely to take down any of them because you the GF simply does not do enough DPS, and if he is to survive taking damage, he is deprived of actually doing damage to the enemies most of the time.

None of the other classes have this problem, not even the DC, because it has extremely powerful AOE spikes and debuffs. IWD clearly demonstrates how the GF has been left way behind the other classes in terms of progression with each new module update.

I want to like the GF in IWD honestly, but really, it's just a liability.

I'm not sure what you're doing, then. I had been soloing all of the HEs barring the Big Giant Angry Fire Worm(tm) one for a while on my GF before I noticed that they were actually intended for groups. It was equally easy in my PvE or PvP gear. I am not a miraculous player, and I did nothing special- just the obvious minimum "well, duh" tactic of picking the squishiest targets first, focussing them down to reduce incoming DPS, rinse and repeat.

Yes, I kill a little more slowly than on my GWF (to say the least), but it's far from challenging.

(Also, note that my GF isn't even Conq specced, so my DPS really is dire).

Now, were you claiming that they were pointless and gimped in dungeons, I might sympathise and agree. However, HEs? If you are finding that "its unlikely to take down any of them" (sic), then you're doing something wrong.

(No, my gear is nothing special either.. my PvE gear is just Timeless filled with cheap R7s)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're doing, then. I had been soloing all of the HEs barring the Big Giant Angry Fire Worm(tm) one for a while on my GF before I noticed that they were actually intended for groups. It was equally easy in my PvE or PvP gear. I am not a miraculous player, and I did nothing special- just the obvious minimum "well, duh" tactic of picking the squishiest targets first, focussing them down to reduce incoming DPS, rinse and repeat.

Yes, I kill a little more slowly than on my GWF (to say the least), but it's far from challenging.

(Also, note that my GF isn't even Conq specced, so my DPS really is dire).

Now, were you claiming that they were pointless and gimped in dungeons, I might sympathise and agree. However, HEs? If you are finding that "its unlikely to take down any of them" (sic), then you're doing something wrong.

(No, my gear is nothing special either.. my PvE gear is just Timeless filled with cheap R7s)
    I am a tactician pve tank spec, I'm not saying a GF can't complete a minor HE, I did the easier marauding and merchant ones just fine, but soloing totem just gets me killed, there's more than 3 of those multiple notches health bar enemies in a mob there, coupled with the easy 1 bar minions of course. Taking them on solo is just suicide for my GF, but it's not a problem for my CW, GWF or TR, my DC i suspect would not fair well either since she is DO paragon so I didn't bother to try and solo totem at all.

If dungeons, you mean gimped DPS wise, i would agree as well, though it's actually easier for my tank to go up against adds indefinitely without a DC in most dungeons. Perhaps I'm simply more used to dungeons, but they do hit for less there.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    soloing totem just gets me killed, there's more than 3 of those multiple notches health bar enemies in a mob there, coupled with the easy 1 bar minions of course. Taking them on solo is just suicide for my GF, but it's not a problem for my CW, GWF or TR, my DC i suspect would not fair well either since she is DO paragon so I didn't bother to try and solo totem at all.

So the problem is that you cannot solo the encounters with a GF? I am really disappointed of you becasue NO CLASS IS MEANT TO SOLO end-game content. You do not bother playing solo in an MMO, you play to stay with other players. Else, you should play sigle player games like Skyrim, Dragon Age and similars..
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Are you serious? nothing in your argument is constructive, you just claim that GF is the most useless class. So what are you doing about it? you are just complaining, can you see that?

A constructive argument includes explanations, descriptions, the many ways you can get the best out of your class, and TEACHING others something that they did not know! For instance, do you know that you can put just 1 point on Combat superiority when you have the 5th rank of tactical superiority? Do you know that Crushing pin procs with Trample the fallen? This is constructive, and it helps the community to get the best of ANY class.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're doing, then.

I feel the same for Wimpazoid. I do not have all these problems he has with his GF.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    So the problem is that you cannot solo the encounters with a GF? I am really disappointed of you becasue NO CLASS IS MEANT TO SOLO end-game content. You do not bother playing solo in an MMO, you play to stay with other players. Else, you should play sigle player games like Skyrim, Dragon Age and similars..
    That isn't my problem, I'm clearly comparing the experience of playing my GF against the other classes on my account. Note minor Heroic Encounters comes with a minimum 2-3 players recommendation on the minimap. A well geared class alone can likely replace the 2 players minimum requirement by himself, as I have described. The recommendation isn't a mandate. Can players solo an epic dungeon? Sure, some have done it, but is it out of the ordinary to see players above 14k gs to carry the weight of 2 entry level GS players in a dungeon? Hardly, unless you mean that regardless of gearing and skill, each class must be balanced to only be able to put in the performance limited to 1/5 of the party load.
    I feel the same for Wimpazoid. I do not have all these problems he has with his GF.
    So what are my problems? The fact that I have failed a 2-3 player HE? The thing you mentioned no one is supposed to do alone? But yet it isn't your problem?
    Are you serious? nothing in your argument is constructive, you just claim that GF is the most useless class. So what are you doing about it? you are just complaining, can you see that?

A constructive argument includes explanations, descriptions, the many ways you can get the best out of your class, and TEACHING others something that they did not know! For instance, do you know that you can put just 1 point on Combat superiority when you have the 5th rank of tactical superiority? Do you know that Crushing pin procs with Trample the fallen? This is constructive, and it helps the community to get the best of ANY class.

If you take it as meaning GF is the most useless class, that is your inference, not mine. I have expressed, that the GF is in no way par with being effective in IWD as the other classes, and it is not just a DPS issue, a GF can't simply dodge and sustain DPS at the same time, and yet simply withstanding damage has a limit on the number of opponents which exceeded, does not allow the GF to effectively kill them off without external dps, which unfortunately while the GF can survive a higher limit of adds, several DPS classes can survive handling the limit of no return for the GF and eliminate the adds before they can ever pose a problem.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LMAO! Ay I was kinda thinking that xD!!

Hell yea! Give the GF diversity to change his entire play.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!