test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control wizards and AoEs with no target limits

13»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are transitioning dungeons away from CN style boss fights wherein CWs are superior.

Not too much of a nerf to CW per se, but it is a start and has increased viability of other classes
    With MC, yes. VT is as bad for trash as any other dungeon and it's all controllable. I've run it as a CW (faceroll) and as a TR (just try and look busy while the CWs and GWFs do the work) The bossfight was different, but everything leading up to it is a CW playground more than FH (Rimefires) or Karru (partially immune 'spikers and Disciples) or Spell (Maws).
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are transitioning dungeons away from CN style boss fights wherein CWs are superior.

Not too much of a nerf to CW per se, but it is a start and has increased viability of other classes

Pardon me?

VT trash is as bad as any other. Shatterspine is yet another add feast. The so called heroic encounters are yet another adds fest and there is no other dungeon. I have not seen the new skirmish, but I'll bet all my enchants it is just another way of "endless spawn of mobs". Granted, Valindra has very few adds and actual mechanics, but that's it. And it is not exactly a brilliant example of class balance, is it?
  • ccspamccspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I find this whole debate is missing the true problem: that we have groups of 16k+ GS plus companion bonuses plus perfects doing content originally intended for ~10k GS groups . That together with the add-based dungeons means that AoE dps classes rule the PvE endgame. (Not CWs, as so many are intent to make it appear, but both CWs and GWFs.)

No amount of nerfing to CWs or GWFs will change this (more precisely, no amount of nerfing that will still give recently-minted 60s a chance to do the dungeons will change this). Useless endgame classes in the current dungeon paradigm will still be useless endgame classes.

What's sad is that this would not be that hard to solve: give us legendary versions of the dungeons. Make them available only for players 15K+ (or whatever the endgame average level becomes after the next set of boons), with monsters level 70 or higher, with elite mobs resistant to AoE (elite mobs have high mitigation, just triple that mitigation for AoE. That together with the fact that ArP is bugged for most CW spells would be an effective CW nerf), and make the drops legendary (just very slightly improved versions of the current epic drops, so players would actually have a reason to do these dungeons).

Much tougher adds could mean there'd be a need for tanks again, and the extra AoE mitigation could make single target classes useful again. The best part is that these dungeons would not require any major redesign, just a teak of a few parameters of the current ones.

To re-state: within current dungeons, no CW/GWF nerfing will change the preferred PvE endgame party composition. Please give us versions of the dungeons appropriate to the current endgame level instead.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finally some constructive dialogue. I am so tired of the nerf the CW crowd (usual suspects). I worked hard to get were I am and am also not to lazy to start my own group, or think because I use some suboptimal build or refuse to play optimally that I demand that everyone else be brought to my suboptimal level. Sounds like communism to me. So cry all you want for the nerf bat. It will not make a bit of difference because in game as in life, those that strive to be the best (and don't begrudge others that are the best) will always adapt, top the charts, clear content fast, and never cry for nerfs.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fully geared, skilled Gwfs running forward nuking everything with (target capless(?) Avalanche/Slam...) daily and giving me 10 million dps handicap in CN...
    After fixing deep gash they will probably do just 9 million...

Getting more than 5-10 targets is very rare. Only in some CN rooms. In a dungeon which visitation will be drop after mod3.
    In MC/VT Gwfs do more damage because there are only 5-8 mobs by each encounter.
    In DK they do more again because its very short dungeon.
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Long time, no see, good to see you posting :)

I suggested the exact same thing, but as you see, it's not realistic that Cryptic will redesign dungeon content.

So only solution is nerf CW DPS to the ground, so hard that the class is pure CC, and everything will be fine, tears of joy everywhere.

And what purpose would that serve? To make people stop playing the game altogether?

Do you really think dungeons are doable with 4 TR's and a DC? Even if they are, I have better things to do with my time than torture myself.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    And what purpose would that serve? To make people stop playing the game altogether?

Do you really think dungeons are doable with 4 TR's and a DC? Even if they are, I have better things to do with my time than torture myself.

He was being sarcastic because we (cws) are daily being called out as sooo OP by the same few peeps that want their kind of balance by "nerfing us into the ground".