test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash Bang Boom - Server Down

Comments

• hariiihariii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The server status icon in the launcher is just for fun? It's always green :confused:
  • ziigmeisterziigmeister Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happen a lot?
  • blackat03blackat03 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good thing I patched Diablo 3 on Friday in case this happened again *sigh*
    I understand crashes happen but it would be nice to have a moderator at least let us they know the shard is down and they are working on getting it back up
  • prospectingnuggeprospectingnugge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just started the game been playing 2 hours lol guess its time for some DABS.
  • chorongie7chorongie7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    time for Metal Slug X

Yippe kayyy ayyy .
  • kamakanidkamakanid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hariii wrote: »
    The server status icon in the launcher is just for fun? It's always green :confused:

The Server Status shows the status of the Login Server. The Dragon Shard is the actual game server.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like the server needs to stack some more Tenacity! Who has some Black Ice for this sucker?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • sirslappymcgeesirslappymcgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i think if there were some kind of release of what happened, ppl would be a LOT calmer over the situation. Here we are coming off an 11 hr crash and ppl want to play, uncertainty can make for some viceous ppl :P We all know they can tell us something, but they dont, so what do u expect?
  • arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asyncfm wrote: »
    Actually, it's the opposite.

In a subscription based game, they're getting a regular stream of money every month, regardless of what happens.

In a free to play game, they only make money when people buy stuff. If the server's are down, they're not making a penny. They really want the servers up ASAP in a f2p game.
    Boom. .
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    POW Dragon dead, how long did it take last crash to recover?
  • tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    blackat03 wrote: »
    Good thing I patched Diablo 3 on Friday in case this happened again *sigh*
    I understand crashes happen but it would be nice to have a moderator at least let us they know the shard is down and they are working on getting it back up

oh c'mon, at least try to sound realistic... pretend about PoE of something.. d3... fail troll . 2/10 max
  • pal0ushanpal0ushan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    please be patient folks and remember that even though the server may have blipped, you still need to be respectful and constructive on the forums.

when a server restarts, it can take a few minutes for it to reboot. if there is some other kind of issue going on, then we should be hearing something official soon.

please hold on to your hats!

thanks.

So, it's just a reboot? Assuming CTA is over now. Lol!
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like the server needs to stack some more Tenacity! Who has some Black Ice for this sucker?

Healing Depression didn't allow the servers to regenerate quickly since the last incident.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • puremitchpuremitch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tektro wrote: »
    oh c'mon, at least try to sound realistic... pretend about PoE of something.. d3... fail troll . 2/10 max

How is that fail troll? hes stating the fact.
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've been playing for around 6 months or so, and these two crashes in the past few days are the only I'm aware of. I've certainly played games with far less stable connections. While it's frustrating, they had to be doing something right for a long time, but crashes are inevitable. I'm pretty confident it will be fixed rather quickly.
  • dotologistdotologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there anything on Twitter, Facebook? anything? are they CLOSED for the night? what the hell? what the offices dont open back up until tomorrow 8AM??? C'mon now!
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Or maybe you should understand that **** HAPPENS!!!!
    Have a coke and smile.
    that may be true in the real world, but not when it comes to IT.
    were talking about a company here whose SOLEDOM income is generated by an online platform,
    wich makes reachability and thus redundancy mandatory.
    theres NO excuse for an online service for not having any backup capacity.

last time google was down for THREE MINUTES all hell broke loose.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We're looking into it. Hang tight.
  • chmmr213chmmr213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27
    edited March 2014
    STO down too last I looked but Champions was up and running fine...
  • alexzandriiaalexzandriia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No you just don't get it ! :D Noobs!
  • werehobbitwerehobbit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    says they are looking into the prob on thier fb page
  • dotologistdotologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    THANK YOUUUUU!!! I need to pvp.... i got faces to melt!
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    What's their twitter page?
  • thedarksiderthedarksider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mantater wrote: »
    LOL She's a witch! BURN HER!

I have NO PATIENCE FOR THESE WITCHES!!!:mad:
  • tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    puremitch wrote: »
    How is that fail troll? hes stating the fact.

kidding about how incredibly bad my d3 experience wAs. thought it was obvious. oh well.
  • hinoryuujinhinoryuujin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Last time the server "crashed. An earthquake severed one of the primary Fiber optic cables to the server farm. so it wasn't a server crash, but a network disconnect.

At this point, this could be the same problem given there had been another Earthquake in the same area today.
  • losttraverserlosttraverser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    really again this is messed up :mad:
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Twitter
    Hey, adventurers! We're investigating any downtime you may be experiencing. Updates are coming as soon as we have more info.

Facebook
    ‪#‎Neverwinter‬ adventurers, we're looking into any downtimes you may be experiencing. Hang tight and we'll update you as soon as we can. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pal0ushan wrote: »
    So, it's just a reboot? Assuming CTA is over now. Lol!

there was a moment when the server was completely down. since it came back up, there may be some further systems that need to come online before the boot is complete.

if it's something else then we should be hearing something official as these systems are monitored 24/7.
This discussion has been closed.