test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do you have vote kick in pug CTA?

irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I que for CTA I get in I get kicked because there is always 3-4 lvl 60's that do not seem to want a lowbie..... WHY put lowbies with 60's and give them the access to kick you?

Pleaqse fix for next CTA
Post edited by irked01 on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have done CTA with my lv 13 alt with a team of 60's and I was never kicked, and also ended up 3rd in paingiver. I think you just had bad luck, I've ran the CTA with my lv 60 main around 20 times and all of those times there was a low level around and never was one of them kicked.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People votekick for whatever reason. I saw one votekick to get rid of "the HR bot". No bot here, just a one-key class.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Played a couple hundred of this current cta, pugs mostly. I've seen (and voted yes) on one votekick. The guy was idle at spawn for the entirety of the first two minibosses. Either leeching, or fallen asleep, no hard feelings, but there are supposed to be five active players.

The votekick needs to stay. The level of the participants needs to be hidden. If one isn't helping, one needs to leave the team. (Not saying you weren't, but sometimes just because one can enter an instance, it doesn't mean one should.) Kicking just for low-level is ignorant and rude. Kicking for holding back the party is a different matter, and may or may not relate to level.

Especially during skirmish hour. The common objective during skirmish hour is to do as many as possible, as each one is 1K AD. Most players aren't going to want to lose AD so that a slowbie can take a slim chance at winning a so-so pet.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Vote kick definitely needs to stay. I've done alot of runs during this event and others, this CTA seems... well, very different to others, I hate to be offensive, but it honestly seems like, a combination of, all the idiots and all the people who really are clueless have climbed out the woodwork for this event.

Out of the 100's of pug CTA's I've run this event, about 2 or 3 have been without stress. Level has nothing to do with it, what's surprising me most is the amount of level 60 characters that really just don't have a clue, be it, purposely doing nothing to blag their way through or just not knowing how to play their class in the slightest.

A level 36 TR should not, under any circumstances, being doing 2-3 times more damage than level 60 GWFs, CWs and HRs. You would not believe how many times this happens, infact, I've not run, in 100's of runs, atleast one where I've done more for that CTA run that atleast one level 60 dps char.

This immediately leads me to literally start asking "you guy's bots?" Sadly, it's not always the case, most never reply, you know how social pugging is. Pugging is the fastest way, and most convenient for me, thats why I do it.

I've kicked alot of players during CTA, mostly due to inactivity, just trying to sit it out and let everyone else do the work. Players that don't pull their weight, I'm not harsh with this, but if a level 60 CW is doing the least damage with lower level chars in the party and their only contribution is to teleport into mobs, and drag them every where, then come to a group of melee characters and use ****ing pushbacks, yeh, you're booted.

I understand people want to experience all the skirmish has to offer but let's face it, once you've done it once, it's a monotonous job, purely to gather the tokens on offer, and the companion, yet people are continously running it in the most ridiculous of ways. This has nothing to do with power play but for the love of god READ THE OBJECTIVES OF THE SKIRMISH! Every run, multiple players are going directly to the random spawning smaller mobs and wasting far too long fighting them, then when they realise no one else is, they drag them to one of the actual objectives causing mayhem.

So again, read the objectives. There are 4 primary targets, go directly to one of these as a group, if a level 60 goes immediately off on their own to one of these, leave them to it, they are indicating they can solo it with ease, just take the rest of the group to the nearest point (directly on your right is a good start) it cuts out pulling all the mobs and random spawning mobs in the centre, which, for some reason, everyone seems to go directly for.

Honestly peeps, it ain't rocket science.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Played a couple hundred of this current cta, pugs mostly. I've seen (and voted yes) on one votekick. The guy was idle at spawn for the entirety of the first two minibosses. Either leeching, or fallen asleep, no hard feelings, but there are supposed to be five active players.

I've initiated 1 kick the entire CTA for the same reason , I have no problem running with low level players but at least try to do something to contribute .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Would just add that those 'in the know' might do well to make a brief statement at the beginning, even if it's just- 'We can finish this quickly, follow me and don't waste effort on random mobs. =)'

I -think- when players run something like this the first few times, they tend to follow the sparklies... which lead right through those rotters.
    They see people veer off to one side, and maybe assume that or those players just want to solo something. I'll play it any way the team wants to play it. Just as long as the team is a team, and is all on the same page.

Of course I basically try to do premade teams during skirmish hour. After the first day, I don't generally do these outside of skirm-hour, unless some mates ask me to fill a slot on the team.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously though... I was a 43 DC in with a bunch of OP 60s and they kick me without warning as if they were going to die because of me yet they were the ones drawing everything into one location....

Hell I managed to top the DPS over a 60 CW once...

What a bunch of doggie bags.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    A level 36 TR should not, under any circumstances, being doing 2-3 times more damage than level 60 GWFs, CWs and HRs. You would not believe how many times this happens, infact, I've not run, in 100's of runs, atleast one where I've done more for that CTA run that atleast one level 60 dps char.

Damage scaling in CTA is fairly bizarre and tends to place low level players high on the charts, although I've mostly only seen this when all players were dealing in AoE, or when comparing a lowbie TR and a 60 TR.

That said, when my level 60 Tactician GF gets second in Paingiver, over somebody else's level 60 who-knows-what-build GWF, something has gone awry. But it was an incredibly smooth and painless run, so I guess maybe my husband and I were carrying that group (*his* GWF was #1).

I go into these things with no expectations and just try to follow the group. I'm not farming, but I have been doing two runs per character for those that have never done it because this CTA counts towards those old Rhix dailies I keep in my journal for just such an occasion.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a cleric, i got the highest damage dealer thrice, and i only do 3 times CTA... What are the team doing?? A cleric push and kill more than a cw, hr and tr???
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    As a cleric, i got the highest damage dealer thrice, and i only do 3 times CTA... What are the team doing?? A cleric push and kill more than a cw, hr and tr???

Damage scaling probably - low-level clerics DPS is actually pretty good compared to other classes (or used to be) and when scaled...

Alternatively perhaps the other players were low level and didn't have access to their full set of powers?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Since I got the burning guidance boon, my DC tends to get top slot in executioner, over gwf's and cw's.. I think he's just getting (maybe) undue credit for the constant little dps he gets from that. Just a blind guess though. He doesn't do badly on paingiver either, and he does not have a dps bone in his body. GVorpal and lots of crit, though...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As far as I can tell with leveling scaling, you're being graded against a base power level for your class level. If you have green gear of your level, you're going to be on par (roughly) with people in level appropriate green gear for their character level. If you're in all blues, you're going to do better than someone in greens, no matter what their level is. I think very low levels get a more generous boost to compensate for no helm and arm gear plus lack of feats and powers. Epic geared characters don't generally have counterparts among the lower level characters, though those with Ancient M weapons will come closer. Lower level characters tend to struggle more against mobs with advanced powers. It's had to deal with wight life drain unless you're overgeared, especially since the Battle Wight drain has always been bugged. The Pit Fight CTA was really hard on the lower levels, the Orc Assault tended to be easier for them.

Ultimately, if you're in all level 45 blues at level 45 and there's a level 60 in level 50 greens, you've got a big advantage on them because of the scaling. If there's a level 60 in T2 gear with rank 8s and perfect enchant, you're going to be a second stringer because their mobs are scaled the same as that undergeared 60s are.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if someone is AFK and not contributing to the fight, then i will initiate a vote kick. it's not fair that someone gets to benefit from the run without contributing. these CTAs are scaled for lower levels so it's not like these are only for level 60 characters. everyone can contribute.
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have done CTA with my lv 13 alt with a team of 60's and I was never kicked

Well lucky you, i've done CTA only on my main and yeah i've seen kicks with the reason "lvl 11" and even though i declined the lowbe always got kicked.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Too bad there is no way to catch and report the initiator of that 'lvl 11' votekick. Seems to me to be something that should be disallowed, and even punished with a temporary queue ban or at least a disabling of votekick for that player. That's not a valid reason and the person who initiated and anyone who knowingly voted yes are...

Just another reason to hide players levels in scaling content.

Of course it won't stop them kicking a cleric that doesn't astral shield or a cw who doesnt cast a singularity because they don't have those yet...
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I've seen players at much lower levels who dealt more damage than some level 60 GWF/TR in this CTA, it's horrifying.

CTA is accessible and manageable by all levels, so vote kicking in there is just... plain lame.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »

I farmed my paingiver during the previous CTA event on my cleric too. Can't complain about the title but now i just don't use the awful public queue anymore. It's like having all the worst players in the game just coming into my instances every time.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would have figured that regardless of how it scales, unless it's horribly unbalanced, that a level 60, should still come out on top, when comparing equally, e.g. class/build for class/build (build not necessarily a major factor), simply due to the accessibility of more powers, more feats, higher base buffs, boons etc.. etc.. Especially if factoring aoe, which in general is more attainable at higher levels, even non-aoe classes tend to pick the few aoe skills up as fillers when all other powers are packed out. Aoe is pretty key for all classes in pve.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It seems as if they MAY just be using a similar scaling scheme to the old Champions Online one. Those who remember the "Joys" of those battles can attest to some of the "Wonderful" effects of scaling. Basically there was a "dead zone" for characters from about 35-40, with 40 being the max level(if I remember correctly) where your character would be nearly crippled compared to others. Lower level characters would be buffed through the roof and higher level characters would have access to end game gear. Fresh Forties(the equivalent of 60's in Greens and Blues) were penalized BRUTALLY to make up for the fact that many at that level had access to super-powered gear and were much worse than, say a LvL 20. At least until they got their powerful gear,anyway.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Too bad there is no way to catch and report the initiator of that 'lvl 11' votekick. Seems to me to be something that should be disallowed, and even punished with a temporary queue ban or at least a disabling of votekick for that player. That's not a valid reason and the person who initiated and anyone who knowingly voted yes are...

Just another reason to hide players levels in scaling content.

Of course it won't stop them kicking a cleric that doesn't astral shield or a cw who doesnt cast a singularity because they don't have those yet...

when you initiate a vote kick, you have to enter a reason to initiate it. if there is any character in the party that is just sitting in the spawn area, you need to be either fighting with the rest of the team or you're eligible for a vote kick as far as i'm concerned. understandably, things happen in real life and people might have to step away from their computers but there is no penalty for getting kicked early on in a CtA skirmish. you just have to re-queue when you are back from whatever took you away from the computer.

if someone is trying to initiate a vote kick on someone after all the fighting is over, that's a different story altogether.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was on my CW in a CTA pug. I always take a hard right out of the gate and clear the first spawn solo (most people do not follow me) and am typically finishing up on the 2nd spawn (Gnarled Man, IIRC) by the team catches up to me. Last night I was just about to engage the 3rd shard solo when I was kicked from the group. I sent a tell to the GWF that I knew was the leader and he responded "You are a CW, you are not supposed to kill stuff like that and not die so you must be a cheater."

People will kick for just about ANY reason.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The vote kick needs to stay for the reasons so many have mentioned...not doing anything, bot, etc. I got into one CTA and guessing they had kicked someone and I died almost instantly because they had somehow pulled the mobs inside the initial spawn point. As a DC I died almost instantly before I even saw the red circles and cones. This CTA definitely took more thought than the others. Not much once you got used to it but wasn't just hack and slash. The next bridge CTA is next...that one is going to be fun. Hopefully some better rewards as it will be harder.
  • Options
    khai1987khai1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sadly there is a few bunch of people abuse the vote kick.. I just been kick by a bunch of low level char at final boss fight. After clearing all crystal solo when boss appear they vote kick me. Kinda mad with the action.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did one yesterday where there was 2 level 60 clerics, 1 level 8 GWF, 1 level 13 CW and a level 40ish HR and no-one got voted kicked. But too it took us about 20 minutes to clear it. As everything was agro-ing to my cleric, and I guess the CW was not using Arcane Singularity, but we still let the CW stay, And we did not even have a total wipe, I died once and two others died twice. And yes, somehow, my cleric did over 1,500,000 damage, which should never happen. And was second in damage dealt, behind the HR, who was mostly just using split shot.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    AFAIK, being teamed w/ lower level players was a compromise the devs reached in order to reduce the CTA queue times - I can understand their reasoning TBH. If you don't want to be paired with lower level players, then I suggest you form your own team...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In my first ever CTA (yesterday) a kick vote came up. I could see the player standing next to me pounding mobs as hard as he could so I voted no. I believe he still got kicked.

While peoples reasons can be wrong and/or malicious I think the feature should stay.
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was in a CTA where someone got kicked for being Lv11. The reason was "Lv11 - hes useless for this".

I was also in a CTA where someone was kicked for being a GF. "GFs are too slow".

Both kicks went through.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    I would have figured that regardless of how it scales, unless it's horribly unbalanced, that a level 60, should still come out on top, when comparing equally, e.g. class/build for class/build (build not necessarily a major factor), simply due to the accessibility of more powers, more feats, higher base buffs, boons etc.. etc.. Especially if factoring aoe, which in general is more attainable at higher levels, even non-aoe classes tend to pick the few aoe skills up as fillers when all other powers are packed out. Aoe is pretty key for all classes in pve.

I'm paingiver as a cleric with 60s too. CWs can't out damage me. ;)
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    Well lucky you, i've done CTA only on my main and yeah i've seen kicks with the reason "lvl 11" and even though i declined the lowbe always got kicked.

I saw that too,

I was like... oh come on, he's a newbie, no need for that

This is so easy we can frigging solo it at our level we don't need a full team of overgeared 60s to burn though this... do you have to rook the newbies for something that's not even their fault?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    AFAIK, being teamed w/ lower level players was a compromise the devs reached in order to reduce the CTA queue times - I can understand their reasoning TBH. If you don't want to be paired with lower level players, then I suggest you form your own team...

I'm pretty sure I saw level 6s in the first CTA on opening night. It's always been 6-60 for them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother