test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard bug list

davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi Devs,

Us wizards over the Library have come up with a list of bugs and issues with the Control Wizard class. Here's the current list. I don't think I've ever seen a PW rep post there, so I thought I'd repost the list here.

Here's a summary so far. Do you think any further information should be added?

1. Armor Penetration not working with these skills (biggest request!)
    • Conduit of Ice
    • Entangling Force
    • Ice Knife
    • Icy Rays
    • Repel
    • Ray of Enfeeblement
  2. High Vizier set: broken with some powers like Steal Time and the shard. Not giving defense
  3. Shard of Endless Avalanche: Not always exploding. Interference from other powers like Grasping Roots and Singularity
  4. Control Powers seem to change depending on what armour set you're wearing.
  5. [highlight]FIXED[/highlight]: Icy Rays on tab: requires three key presses
  6. [highlight]FIXED[/highlight]: Icy Rays: Cooldown doesn't appear after second keypress
  7. Icy Rays: Some AoE that deals no damage but triggers debuffs and abilities
  8. Icy Rays: Damage tooltip difference between character sheet powers tab and powers bar. Possibly classified as At-Will so it take no benefit from effects for encounters skills (see http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?599841-CW-2014-buglist&p=7436921&viewfull=1#post7436921 )
  9. Icy Rays: If you aim at different targets it will do 2,000 damage to each (4,000 total damage). If you aim both at the same target it will do 3,500 damage, or 1750 per icy ray. 12.5% less damage. The tooltip states "spell effectiveness is increased if both beams are fired at one target"
  10. Rimefire: damage seem to be delayed to the end of the effect that create it (eg CoI)
  11. Cold spells interfering with smoulder
  12. Steal time: don't work after blink sometimes
  13. Shadow Weaver set bug (more details required)
  14. [highlight]FIXED in IWD[/highlight]Furious Immolation not critting
  15. Sudden Storm: AoE classification
  16. Sudden Storm: on Tab has DoT but this DoT doesn't seems to proc Storm Spell or Rampaging Madness. Now procing Eye of the Storm
  17. Evocation to work on ALL Aoe (no discernible difference on SS - SotEA works now)
  18. Tooltip incoherence: (Vorpal don't increase Crit Severity tooltip, what powers are control powers)
  19. Tooltip inconsistencies: The tooltips for Icy terrain and Conduit of Ice give the damage per second. The tooltip for Ray of Enfeeblement gives the total damage. It would be nice if there were consistency.
  20. SotEA Tooltop: Gives no information about the damage of shard explosion. It only gives the shard slam damage.
  21. Chill Strike: can't cancel lengthy animation by teleporting
  22. Chill Strike: on spell mastery slot does less damage to the main target. Research has suggested a particular feat is causing this.
  23. Chill Strike - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
  24. Chill Strike - Far Spell doesn't increase range with Chill Strike on Mastery
  25. Magic Missile - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
  26. Ray of Enfeeblement - doesn't show the cooldown time when in tab
  27. Enemies affected by Singularity are immune to damage from Sudden storm, Shard of endless avalanche and Oppressive force
  28. Storm Pillar's secondary pillar of lightning cannot crit (WAI?)
  29. Storm Pillar: AoE classification
  30. Storm Pillar's pillar of lightening can be hit and pushed by mobs.
  31. Conduit of Ice: AoE classification
  32. Icy Terrain: hides red areas of enemy power attacks
  33. Reaper's touch: has no effect on Magic Missile when Snap Freeze is also picked.
  34. Ray of Frost: Beam regularly disappearing
  35. Maelstrom of Chaos: It does not crit, even under the effect of EotS.
  36. Maelstrom of Chaos: does not receive bonus from enemy mitigation reduction (such as HV debuff or RoE)
  37. Maelstrom of Chaos: does not improve as you increase your strength or Intelligence. It's the only spell that does not improve with strength. Intelligence does not increase our damage by 1% per point over 10 if certain spells are exempt.
  38. Ray of Enfeeblement: applies six hits of damage. When tabbed you get two charges. If you use the second charge before before all six hits of damage from the first charge have hit, you will lose any remaining hits from the first cast. So, cast, two hits of damage ring up, cast again, and you get six more hits--you lose the remaining four hits from the first cast.
  39. AOE buffs need to be included in the tool tip as standard. Chill Strike on tab and Conduit of Ice are affected by the feat Wizard's Wrath but not Evocation. Wizard's Wrath damage is not included in Conduit of Ice's tooltip. Wizard's wrath damage is included in Ice Storm's tooltip.

edit> I've started grouping similar skills together, rather than keep them in order they were reported.

#1 is the most important issue. There's a link in my sig file to the main thread where discussions are ongoing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thefirsthipsterthefirsthipster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What skills aren't using Armor Pen properly? I just got a CW to 60 and I'm trying to gear him up so his stat allocation is ideal, but if Armor Pen isn't working right, that will change how I gear him. At least, till they (*IF* they) fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Check out these two threads for AP testing for CWs... The list is long: last 2 hits on magic missile, chill strike, coi, storm spell (may be based on whether or not the encounter that procced it benefited from armor pen), oppressive force, icy terrain, sudden storm (normal+mastery+dot in mastery), icy rays, ice knife

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?592081-Armor-penetration-a-serious-issue
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?548981-CW-Powers-not-benefitting-from-Armor-Penetration&highlight=armor
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    davecheese wrote: »
    Check out these two threads for AP testing for CWs... The list is long: last 2 hits on magic missile, chill strike, coi, storm spell (may be based on whether or not the encounter that procced it benefited from armor pen), oppressive force, icy terrain, sudden storm (normal+mastery+dot in mastery), icy rays, ice knife

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?592081-Armor-penetration-a-serious-issue
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?548981-CW-Powers-not-benefitting-from-Armor-Penetration&highlight=armor

I tested many skills, CS and SS at least get the arpen just fine.
    Many other skills are bugged and have been since early beta. Cryptic doesn't care.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    Cryptic doesn't care.

That might be the case, but I still intend to keep this thread in front of their faces!
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    Why aren't any beneficial bugs in your list?
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    badeacelrau - I don't know of any. None have been mentioned to me. If you know some, please say so.

ianthewizard2012 - thank you, I'll update both my list and the list in The Library thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Due to further testing, the "Paragon feat Snap Freeze does not work in most situations" has been refined to "Chill Strike on spell mastery slot does less damage to the main target."
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why aren't any beneficial bugs in your list?

Because CWs don't have any bugs that gives them an advantage, at least not atm. Even though almost everyone is crying for a CW nerf saying they are way to powerful, in reality they are not even half as strong as they would be if their skills worked properly. For example the biggest "nerf" they introduced with module 2, affecting CWs, was Eye of the Storm not affecting Sudden Storm & Shard of the Endless Avalanche. They are "balancing" (read nerfing) CWs without first fixing it. The majority of the CW bugs are known since the open beta days, some were fixed, but then reintroduced with module 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Recent additions:

Icy Terrain hiding red power attack areas.
    Clarification of Evocation bug added.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Some new testing has revealed that Reaper's touch has no effect on Magic Missile when Snap Freeze is also picked. The tester, Virahx, reported that MM showed damage from 650 in middle (with RT only), downgrading to 542 (with both RT & SF)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Some more bugs added.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    Icy Terrain hiding red power attack areas.
    This, to me, is the most annoying one.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Some Icy Rays bugs fixed. A new one added.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Some Icy Rays bugs fixed. A new one added.

what bug? i havn't noticed any problem with icy rays
  • Options
    olegsanderolegsander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]Sudden Storm: on Tab has DoT but this DoT doesn't seems to proc anything (Storm Spell, Eye of the Storm, Rampaging Madness )

It's actually worse than that. The DoT part does proc eye of the storm. But it procs it on your target. Enjoy free crits from bosses!
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cw is dead in this game. congrats cryptic u destroy the most powerfull CLASS in all entire lore of neverwinter and RPGS! btw without a f* ball of fire. SHAME OF U
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can add these if you want:

- Shard of the Endless Avalanche (Mastery) can be "pushed" by another CW using the spell

Also SotEA disappearance when the CW is CC (usually a stun) - (Chill Strikes, Repels, Impact Shots from Stealth, Flourish, Constricting, Entangled etc.).

SotEA also gets stuck on terrain/cannot be pushed, this mostly happens on walls and pillars and such, but sometimes even small glitches in the terrain will stuck the shard and you cannot do anything with it.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CW Icy Rays bugs
    After the first keystroke ("marking" the target) and the target runs out of range/you lose sight, the second keystroke makes icy rays go on cooldown without doing anything.

Happens in PvP when people run, dies, go into stealth since the PvP patch.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?631451-CW-Icy-Rays-bugs
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    iwontpostderpiwontpostderp Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    CW Icy Rays bugs
    After the first keystroke ("marking" the target) and the target runs out of range/you lose sight, the second keystroke makes icy rays go on cooldown without doing anything.

Happens in PvP when people run, dies, go into stealth since the PvP patch.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?631451-CW-Icy-Rays-bugs

This issue isn't new, it happened even before the PvP patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    saulrosenbergsaulrosenberg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey, first time poster.....many time reader....wanted to add my two cents.

Prior to seeing this post, I thought "what is wrong with my rotation/skill setup". I had been so annoyed with my performance in pvp and thought "what was I doing wrong in this patch that was different from other patches". Nice to know that 75% of the abilities I use in pvp are BROKEN, (Devs - read: why invest money in this game - no incentive).

I used to play WoW....I left it because companies are more interested in getting new players and increasing market share than they are interested in perfecting the product......more expansions, less quality.

I would love to propose a picket/protest for all CWs in game for a day or so (week?) where we utilize self control and we DON'T PLAY......fix your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before expanding it.....how does that not make sense?

DEVS - continued non-response to this issue is unacceptable; and please, don't reply with - we are aware of the issue (don't care) and are working on it (hope you forget).

I voted with my wallet before and I will do so again. There is nothing about this game that makes it irreplaceable. Devote more staff to correcting bugs and less to $$$expansions$$$
  • Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now I could be wrong since i do not have the skills or patience to calculate the damage difference but...

I do not see the buff under character portrait or in character sheet of any Critical Severity increase from Shadow Weaver set. Life steal does show up but non-control encounter powers do not give Critical Severity Buff.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was going to create a thread about ArP not working with Icy Rays, but found this one. Is this bug new? Seem to appear after PvP update. Pls, fix this quickly, I feel like handicapped when I'm using Icy Rays on HRs or GWFs.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    devil1005devil1005 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CW Icy Rays is bugged atm, they seems hit lower now because icy rays is flagged at - will when we slot it,,

i think developer should fix this ASAP..
  • Options
    xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Storm Pillar's actual pillar does crit. But the smaller lightning bolts that hit other targets do not.

By function, When Storm Pillar's main pillar crits. The smaller bolts are all also crit.

It no longer does this as it should.
  • Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shadow Weaver Set is still broken (we know), but I tried it today after patch and the Set does work but only for a few minutes after slotting it and completing the set for the bonus. In other words, after achieving the 4piece set bonus, it will work for a few minutes and thats it.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Recently I've noticed: Occasionally, when I cast steal time it goes through the animation but it does not cast. It must be cast again. With Shards, it sometimes goes through the animation, but must try 2-3 times for the shard to appear.

Are mobs supposed to be able to push our Shard away us?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Recently I've noticed: Occasionally, when I cast steal time it goes through the animation but it does not cast. It must be cast again. With Shards, it sometimes goes through the animation, but must try 2-3 times for the shard to appear.

Are mobs supposed to be able to push our Shard away us?

- steal time cooldown/animation can bug on several instances
    - shard can lag badly, yes you can cast it now and it will appear 2 secs later :\
    - the shard itself is a game entity, it can be pushed by all types of stuff, including some player abilities and mob AoEs (such as draco wingflap) etc. Not sure if intended. Seems to be reasonable physics-wise.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Storm Pillar's pillar of lightening can be hit and pushed by mobs. (example)