test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard bug list

2»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't seen that, but I have Duergar Theurges target Storm Pillar with their pentagram fire attack.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    I haven't seen that, but I have Duergar Theurges target Storm Pillar with their pentagram fire attack.
    I have seen it myself many times. You could test it with Fell Trolls at Dark Fey Enclave in Sharandar. Fell Trolls have a power similar to GF's Bull Charge that can knock target back.
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Alot of effects are actual entities on the battle field.

Shard of Avalanche is one as well. I've seen things reacting to thorn ward and Storm Pillar.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tool tip bugs

Chill Strike - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
    Magic Missile - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
    Ray of Enfeeblement - doesn't show the cooldown time when in tab
  • titmartitmar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Getting controlled and damaged while dodging (mainly by gwf or gfs pushing me around). Screen following if I play my next round pvp which wont happen again today -.-" May also be a ping issue ill analyse this...

Also Steal Times cooldown isnt always shown on the skillbar. Not until you try to use the power again it is shown.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been doing a lot of testing lately and I can provide some updates on these.
    davecheese wrote: »
    15. Sudden Storm: on Tab has DoT but this DoT doesn't seems to proc anything (Storm Spell, Eye of the Storm, Rampaging Madness )

During my testing a few days ago Sudden Storm DOT was procing Eye of the Storm. I didn't have Storm Spell or Rampaging Madness equipped so I can't confirm if those are fixes also.
    16. Evocation to work on ALL Aoe (no discernible difference with SotEA or SS)

It still does not affect SS. But after testing SotEA it adds a 15% buff to shard slam and a 30% buff to shardplosion.
    19. Chill Strike: on spell mastery slot does less damage to the main target

When I began testing I noticed this as well. However, when I respecced my character to get rid of the feats it went away. I suspect one of the feats is causing this. I'll report back when I've isolate which one.
    24. Storm Pillar's pillar of lightning cannot crit

Not sure what this means but I have plenty of parsed data with Storm Pillar criticals. If you're referring to the secondary lightning strikes after the pillar then, no, those do not crit.

I also have some other "bugs" to report.

-Ray of Enfeeblement applies six hits of damage. When tabbed you get two charges. If you use the second charge before before all six hits of damage from the first charge have hit, you will lose any remaining hits from the first cast. So, cast, two hits of damage ring up, cast again, and you get six more hits--you lose the remaining four hits from the first cast.

-There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether or not AOE buffs are applied or included in the tool tip. I'm sure there's more, but for now Chill Strike on tab and Conduit of Ice are affected by the feat Wizard's Wrath but not Evocation. Wizard's Wrath damage is not included in Conduit of Ice's tooltip. Wizard's wrath damage is included in Ice Storm's tooltip.

-the tooltip for Icy Rays lies. It does less damage to a single target than it would do to separate targets. If you aim at different targets it will do 2,000 damage to each (4,000 total damage). If you aim both at the same target it will do 3,500 damage, or 1750 per icy ray. 12.5% less damage. The tooltip states "spell effectiveness is increased if both beams are fired at one target." Not true.

-Maelstrom of Chaos, in addition to the problem of no crits, does not improve as you increase your strength or Intelligence. It's the only spell that does not improve with strength. Intelligence does not increase our damage by 1% per point over 10 if certain spells are exempt.

-Icy Terrain, Conduit of Ice and Ray of Enfeeblement are all damage over time spells. The tooltips for Icy terrain and Conduit of Ice give the damage per second. The tooltip for Ray of Enfeeblement gives the total damage. It would be nice if there were consistency.

-The tooltip for SotEA give no information about the damage of shardplosion. It only gives the shard slam damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Abaddon - thank you for your post, I appreciate it. I will update the main thread.

It's also been reported that:
    - Chill Strike - Far Spell doesn't increase range with Chill Strike on Mastery

We knew the tool tip wasn't updated, but this is new also.
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi guys, thanks for maintaining this list. Here's an update.

I went and retested the state of Armor Penetration on all CW powers and related features.
    All tests done on Preview Shard, 31st May 2014 and verified using ACT with Neverwinter Plugin.

Does ArP work with the following abilities?

At-Will:
    Magic missile yes but not the extra 2 hits on 3rd hit
    Ray of frost yes
    Chilling cloud yes
    Scorching burst: no
    Storm Pillar yes for primary target but not the AoE arcs

Encounters:
    Chill strike yes, Mastery yes
    Conduit of Ice no, Mastery no
    Entangling Force no, Mastery no
    Repel no, Mastery no

Shield pulse yes, Mastery yes
    Icy Terrain yes, Mastery yes
    Sudden storm yes
    Sudden storm Mastery primary yes arc damage to secondary targets no
    Sudden storm arc no (separate entry in ACT)
    Fanning the Flame (FtF) no after first tick
    FtF Mastery: only Main target first tick does normal damage, subsequent ticks no, no on AoE secondary targets
    FtF: Fanned flame yes
    FtF: Final flame yes
    FtF: Gathering flame yes
    RoE no, Mastery no
    Icy Rays no, Mastery no

Steal time yes, Mastery yes
    SotEA: Shard slam no
    SoTEA: Shardsplosion yes

Daily:
    Singularity yes
    Ice Storm yes
    Oppressive Force yes
    Ice Knife no
    Furious Immorlation yes
    Maelstrom of Chaos yes but cannot crit

Others:
    Storm spell yes
    Elemental Empowerment yes
    Rimfire: no after first tick
    Smoulder: no after first tick

Elven ferocity boon no (affects all classes)
    Shadowtouched boon no (affects all classes)

Basically there are 2 situations where ArP does almost nothing for you, damage wise.
    1. Single target damage setup, especially in PvP. If you slot Entangling Force, Icy Rays, RoE, Ice Knife and Half of MM ArP does nothing.
    2. Master of Flame Paragon. Fanning the flame and Scorching Burst don't work with ArP. Additionally Rimfire and smoulder, your main DoT mechanic doesn't benefit from ArP either. This really limits the potential of MoF builds out there.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And: Orb of Imposition does not increase control duration.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As far as ArP goes, it "might" be fixed in module 4.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8080591&viewfull=1#post8080591
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Sorry if I missed it, but I tried to go through all of them to make sure this wasn't already included.

I found a new bug today that I don't think is on here. I just got a 60 CW and was messing around with builds, and wanted to see the effects of the feat Fight On (10% encounter cooldown reduction) after I respec-ed out of it. Chill Strike, Icy Rays, and Shard all increased by a reasonable amount in cooldown after respec-ing out of Fight On, but Conduit of Ice stayed at the exact same cooldown.

It looks like Conduit of Ice is unaffected by the 10% encounter recharge speed from the Fight On feat.

EDIT: Eh, this is an old thread. I was looking at the most recent post but it looks like this shouldn't have been brought back. I will find a more recent thread or start a new one for this information.