test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please introduce Aasimar and Paladins

2»

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aasimars could be intresting, but paladins i dont think they are a good idea the basically would be a GWF with plate armor and divine powers from the cleric dont think that would be easy to balance and then there is the problem that a Paladin in a game like Neverwinter does not have the drawbacks from the Pen and paper (like following the code of his deity) which are also an important thing to balance him out or we would just have an "I can do anything class running around" cause a paladin can Fight, Tank, Heal and CC

News flash, Clerics have to follow the code of their diety. Clerics don't just get free spells doled out to them. I would also think that each epic tree would focus on each role, requiring you to specialize in the one you want to actually use with that character. Seems pretty balanced to me.
    edited March 2014
    This is Warlock.

Guardian Fighters should really just be tanky DPS, instead of not-tanks like they are now.
    However, since Paladins are really cliché and endless comparisons to WoW would ensue, let me tell you about the Defender that Neverwinter needs and the one it deserves right now...

>>> Warden <<<

A bit more about Warden is discussed here.

Sorry dude, but there are LOTS of paladins in forgotten realms. If you've ever read the books you know this. Not cliché, Lore fact.
    edited March 2014
    The City of Neverwinter is part of D&D. Thus, we get races and classes that are in D&D, not just Neverwinter Nights. Additionally, Neverwinter is based on 4th Edition D&D, so we get races and classes that are in 4th Edition D&D.

Basically you've got as you say the stuff that's from 4th, and the history of neverwinter which contains the classes and lore of older editions of D&D. MOST of these classes from the past exist in 4th edition. Some were not released until PHB2 or later. but they exist and can be implemented just fine.
  • reaver777reaver777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Basically you've got as you say the stuff that's from 4th, and the history of neverwinter which contains the classes and lore of older editions of D&D. MOST of these classes from the past exist in 4th edition. Some were not released until PHB2 or later. but they exist and can be implemented just fine.

ah i see, i guess since the neverwinter games had different devs each things kinda got a bit jumbled. so while i really really would also like warlock, i think you may be right about the need for another divine class first. rather than D&D, it feels a bit more like just DD at the moment.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Don't say that. Makos is the easiest to fight of the Zulkir's forms. Poor damaage, no control, no control immunities.

Probably because Makos is based on a class that was far from complete when Mod 2 came out. In Zulkir's other forms he uses an at-will, an encounter, and a daily for that class. While he is pretending to be Makos he lacks a daily to use. Hopefully when warlocks come out, they they tweak that encounter slightly.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Probably because Makos is based on a class that was far from complete when Mod 2 came out. In Zulkir's other forms he uses an at-will, an encounter, and a daily for that class. While he is pretending to be Makos he lacks a daily to use. Hopefully when warlocks come out, they they tweak that encounter slightly.

That and Zulkir sucks. He is by far the easiest boss fight in the Dread ring. So, I don't think he does Makos's capabilities justice.
    macjae wrote: »
    Paladins were in D&D long before WoW ever existed. The Warden is one of cooler things to come out of 4e IMO, but if they're also adding a Druid class, that would make a third primal class before adding another divine one. That doesn't seem right.

I agree I feel like they plan on balancing out all of the Parent classes before adding a third one to any of them.

We already have two fighters, soon we will have two mages, than we will have two nature, bard will make a second thievery, and than paladin will make a second divine.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!