test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please introduce Aasimar and Paladins

sfdhsgjhkmsgsfdhsgjhkmsg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Paladins should have been a starter class, and how can you have Tiefling and not introduce the Aasimar too? Please introduce these soon! Paladin would make a great Leadership class. Helm may be dead but Torm is not and Helm was hardly the only god paladins served! Seems a bit racist to exclude the Aasimar when you introduced the outsider Tieflings.
Post edited by sfdhsgjhkmsg on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We will probably never see Assimar because they don't exist in 4th edition. I think you meant Deva.

Also paladins aren't leaders. They are defender.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Likely, there was a certain "budget" in terms of development time that could be devoted to each race and class. My guess is they did some initial research, and decided to implement whatever races and classes based upon which people were most interested in playing. Still, I would love to see an angelic counter to Tieflings, and Paladins would help to supplement the shortage of support classes we currently have.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would actually love to see the Deva race come out along with Paladins.

I can see paladin either being the 3rd or 4th class coming out. Paladins will happen eventually but not anytime soon because most likely Warlock will be next and than followed by Druid. I imagine that the 3rd and 4th will be either Paladin or Bard. All four happen to be the most demanded classes from my observations.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Keep in mind that 5th Edition of the Dungeons & Dragons rule-set is just around the corner, and it's been play-tested since 2012.

So the new upcoming rule-set could very well dictate any type of future development decisions, although this is just my personal speculation on the matter.
  • djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm so tired of people begging for every class before Warlock. seriously stop. they had warlock in the works for a long time now and i want to play it. i've waited patiently, seen the evidence, up to and including the armor sets that people datamined before ranger came out. hell based on the fact that ranger felt so half-finished when it hit preview and the way dread ring and the fact that makos fights there, i have had a longstanding theory that warlock was further along in development then all the drizzt fanboys begged for ranger and they rushed it. seriously stop asking for paladin until they release warlock at least. same with druid dammit... they said they had another class almost ready and then they would likely do it in an interview shortly after ranger was announced so let it be with the druid stuff (yes i'm butthurt and the only **** cure is warlock)
  • shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They need to add in Warlock first, they kept saying it was the next class from launch even had a poll and it beat ranger yet we still got HR instead, warlock would of even made more sense to be added with the Shadowmantle module. I'm hoping for Warlock then Paladin,bard, and druid.
    edited March 2014
    djtlite wrote: »
    I'm so tired of people begging for every class before Warlock. seriously stop. they had warlock in the works for a long time now and i want to play it. i've waited patiently, seen the evidence, up to and including the armor sets that people datamined before ranger came out. hell based on the fact that ranger felt so half-finished when it hit preview and the way dread ring and the fact that makos fights there, i have had a longstanding theory that warlock was further along in development then all the drizzt fanboys begged for ranger and they rushed it. seriously stop asking for paladin until they release warlock at least. same with druid dammit... they said they had another class almost ready and then they would likely do it in an interview shortly after ranger was announced so let it be with the druid stuff (yes i'm butthurt and the only **** cure is warlock)

Whoa settle down man lol. Ranger was already predicted and announced before the warlock. In fact in the interview for Sharandar the lead dev said that when Ranger was about finished the next class following was about 50% done. They appear to work on two classes at a time from what I've seen. Before it was Ranger & Warlock(Ranger being more focused) and now it's clear that it's Warlock & Druid(Warlock being more focused)
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    djtlite wrote: »

I completely agree lets let them take time with Warlock first, so we get a good class, and then ask for classes like Druid and Paladin after its done.
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would depend on the licensing agreement with hasbrio actually. i.e. if the licensing agreement is for 4e then that is what PWI will use unless it is renegotiated which is unlikely as they could get better terms for 5e from a newer company and not violate their agreement with PWI.

Perfect World Entertainment is the publisher (PWI is the abbreviation for a game-title btw), Cryptic is the Developer, so licensing conversations are between Cryptic & whoever they need to talk to to make something on a piece of paper, land into the game.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I also would love to see a Paladin class, but first- and i pray for this every day- plz dear Cryptic/PWE fix that GF, it can't be so hard. Or if you really don't intend to fix the class, than the gentleman policy would be to tell all the players out there not to put any time and money into it any more and bring out the paladin as soon as possible, maybe you programmers can better make a new class, than fix an existing one, sure it takes more brains to do it, 'cause you have to balance it!

This Outage showed us once again, that you are having mayor issues over there in terms of IT too. These are programming( bugs, exploits, laggs, balance, no real knowledge of the D&D core system and i could go on...), design, technical and management issues. Since the first day i play this game i'm wondering, where do you get your staff, if they would work for my company and bring such a low quality work, i would kick them the first day. A decent game takes more than having a horse programmed, that each week gets a new skin, this game and the D&D genre would deserve better staff, way better.

If this game were your only one, you could go and shut down things, you are only alive, because you dear PWE have more games under your belt!

Now if you ban me, i know why!

Cheers!

P.S: the second part of my little response was intended to be in the Outage thread, but your admin closed it so fast, that i had to type it in here. Sad that his little hands didn't work faster during the outage:)!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There will never be a paladin. they tried in way way back but decided no and it became the GF. if you want a paladin go make a dps DC is pretty much the end of it and thats why i stopped i loved the game but got to stagnent i might come back for this event but after seeing what happened yesterday i probly wont.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Would actually love to see the Deva race come out along with Paladins.

I can see paladin either being the 3rd or 4th class coming out. Paladins will happen eventually but not anytime soon because most likely Warlock will be next and than followed by Druid. I imagine that the 3rd and 4th will be either Paladin or Bard. All four happen to be the most demanded classes from my observations.

I see a few requests for bard, LOTS of requests for Monk and Paladin. Seriously way more requests. We all know warlock is next, and they have strongly hinted at druid. Odd are good monk or paladin will be next after those.
  • bioshokquebioshokque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What i'm still waiting for is the dragonborn race. People have been asking for that since before the release.
  • shadowwolf970shadowwolf970 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aasimars could be intresting, but paladins i dont think they are a good idea the basically would be a GWF with plate armor and divine powers from the cleric dont think that would be easy to balance and then there is the problem that a Paladin in a game like Neverwinter does not have the drawbacks from the Pen and paper (like following the code of his deity) which are also an important thing to balance him out or we would just have an "I can do anything class running around" cause a paladin can Fight, Tank, Heal and CC
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    And I think Paladins would probably make an interesting addition, they just need to make the "defender" type classes worthwhile. The current one still needs to be a lot better for PvE content.

Pretty much spot on.

Right now the GF is useful in high-end dungeons only as a buffbot with the Knight's Captain set for CW stacked parties. Until the core issues are fixed, why bother introducing another class that is superfluous at end-game?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Pretty much spot on.

Right now the GF is useful in high-end dungeons only as a buffbot with the Knight's Captain set for CW stacked parties. Until the core issues are fixed, why bother introducing another class that is superfluous at end-game?

You know, they are nerfing the Knights Captain set on the preview shard significantly. From 60% to 15%. So even that job is going to be hard to justify.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Good thoughts, but you guys realize there is another upcoming class and so the earliest we see paladins is in summer 2015
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You know, they are nerfing the Knights Captain set on the preview shard significantly. From 60% to 15%. So even that job is going to be hard to justify.

No I didn't :(

So basically endgame becomes 4 CW and a buff-bot DC then......
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't that mean then, that everything else that isn't changed. Would then get a significant boost?
    Power has been reworked. Power was very difficult for players to understand before, so we have made it more clear by having it give a damage multiplier based on your level.
    Players will now be able to more accurately gauge the value of Power on their equipment and how it impacts their performance for both damage and healing.

I mean, as it reads. I see nothing here that says power is going to get boosted. The change seems to be more focused on how its calculated and displayed. In other words, it seems, power is going to stay pretty much the same. Only the manner of its calculation will change. Same results, just different path to get there.

So by that thought. Knights Captain is most certainly getting a drastic reduction.
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did they actually announce the Warlock class officially? I heard there was a 'whoops' on the preview shard a while ago and Warlock gear was dropping from bosses or mobs, and this is how the class was originally discovered. Not saying it won't or might not be, just curious to see if there was some form of official announcement.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did they actually announce the Warlock class officially? I heard there was a 'whoops' on the preview shard a while ago and Warlock gear was dropping from bosses or mobs, and this is how the class was originally discovered. Not saying it won't or might not be, just curious to see if there was some form of official announcement.

No official word as of now and Im starting to lose my hopes for a SW release in Mod3...
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
    edited March 2014
    No official word as of now and Im starting to lose my hopes for a SW release in Mod3...

Well before they hinted Druid in the interview they said that they had a class that was almost finished and hopefully will be released soon after mod 2 and that after that, "Mystery class", the Druid will be soon if not the next class. There has been no official word that it will be SW, but it's official that there will be a class in between the release of the ranger and the druid.
    edited March 2014
    Considering that there is no news about a new class announced on the preview shard. Its safe to assume that warlock has been delayed. If we work under the theory that Ranger was planned to be released with Sharandar, but delayed till Dread Ring. Its possible the same thing happened to warlock.

With all the balance and powers changes going on due to the recent PVP focus. Pushing out warlock simply could of been to much for the schedule.
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Considering that there is no news about a new class announced on the preview shard. Its safe to assume that warlock has been delayed. If we work under the theory that Ranger was planned to be released with Sharandar, but delayed till Dread Ring. Its possible the same thing happened to warlock.

With all the balance and powers changes going on due to the recent PVP focus. Pushing out warlock simply could of been to much for the schedule.

Yeah hopefully they're actually taking the time to really balance the class and make sure the powers work as intended. Something they failed to do with the HR; resulting in a very broken class. They have a lot on their plate, so I don't see the warlock coming out with this next mod 3 update, but soon after. Instead I predict that it will be on the preview maybe, hopefully, in a month from now.
  • mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't wait to see what would the Warlock class would be.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mablus25 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what would the Warlock class would be.

If you've ever fought the Zulkir in the Phantasmal Fortress, he sometimes changes into Makos - so you can get a taste of what one may be like.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't say that. Makos is the easiest to fight of the Zulkir's forms. Poor damaage, no control, no control immunities.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is Warlock.

Guardian Fighters should really just be tanky DPS, instead of not-tanks like they are now.
    However, since Paladins are really cliché and endless comparisons to WoW would ensue, let me tell you about the Defender that Neverwinter needs and the one it deserves right now...

>>> Warden <<<

A bit more about Warden is discussed here.
  • reaver777reaver777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    i know i'll catch flak from fanatics for this but rather than all this generation talk, shouldn't we be thinking of it in terms of: these were things that were in the 'Neverwinter' games? i mean since this game is 'Neverwinter', shouldn't races and classes from 'Neverwinter' have been in it? i mean this is 'Neverwinter' if i'm not mistaken, i mean it's called 'Neverwinter'..... 'Neverwinter'..... okay that's enough.

but seriously yea, aasimar, paladins, druids maybe? bards? how about swashbucklers - they use the word alot in the game but you don't get the class. duelists too for that matter. anything? come on!
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The City of Neverwinter is part of D&D. Thus, we get races and classes that are in D&D, not just Neverwinter Nights. Additionally, Neverwinter is based on 4th Edition D&D, so we get races and classes that are in 4th Edition D&D.