Install Arc
Options

Celestial Coins

2»

Comments

• Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    i think dysillusion wants to cheat the system, but that's just me. its 20-29 hour window from when your coins are given. if you invoked and received coins at 1700, you have from 1300 - 2200 to invoke the following day to receive another coin - the timer only shows time from your last invoke, NOT when your coins were redeemed. its simple, I'm surprised you hadn't realized this.

If I'm not mistaken, the cause of the server downtime was a hardware failure, which they have to replace with physical components to fix - it's not a "coding" error that they need to correct - its literally replacing a part.

I saved my coins, of which I had 6's on 4 characters. If i lost them, it's not 6 straight days to recoup them, it's 2 minuites per day (across 4 characters). Its a reward for playing, not the sole mechanic of the game. I wasn't affected in any way if I lost the coins. All they give me is a few little, mostly garbage.

if it upsets you, there is no one stopping you from quitting - it'll ultimately be your choice - no one is holding a gun to your back, stand up for your right to freely choose your game of choice - if you are this upset at something out of everyone's hands, then I wish you luck in any game you play - they'll all be as helpless to cater directly to you.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't lose my coins, and I already got my Sharandar Treasures for this week.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    if it upsets you, there is no one stopping you from quitting - it'll ultimately be your choice

I never thought I'd live to see the day someone quits because he lost out on a rank 4 enchant
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    unfortunately, i won't be contributing to this game anymore, due to severe lack of customer care and support :D you should have systems in place to prevent this kind of thing from happening or at least from letting it affect the customers, but again, fail. i mean for me i managed to log in before the daily reset time today and still lost the coins.. according to your game rules none of my characters should have lost coins but they all did. if you don't compensate why should i ever contribute to your half-arsed company?
    I hope you still read this as you left,
    can I have your stuff (assets, etc) that is not bound?
    Can you pls salvage your purples ang buy some expensive stuff from me on the AH?

Thanks! I will certainly continue playing, as the coins are free of work in the first place.
    And to lose most likely 1 peridot and 2 R4 enchants ... I think I can swallow the consequences.

Easiest way is to send me your items in the mail! Start with the expensive ones, in case my mailbox is full.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The entitlement in this thread. Ingame. In other parts of the forums. The severe entitlement and complete lack of perspective going on around here.

You could choke a horse with it. You could choke a lot of horses with it.

Really? All this gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair over Celestial Coins? I just.. I just don't understand it. I am utterly incapable of comprehending what exactly is going on in the minds of these people that causes such grief-ridden angst over something as small and trivial as the loss of easily-acquired Celestial Coins - especially when it was due to reasons completely beyond Cryptic/PWE's control.

I just don't even understand what is going on with you people. It's completely insane. Can someone explain this to me in a rational sort of way?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I just don't even understand what is going on with you people. It's completely insane. Can someone explain this to me in a rational sort of way?

Someone here claimed he lost 144 hours of pray farming time
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I noticed that. Celestial Coins are a mechanic designed to make people keep logging in every single day, and yet somehow there are people who appear to feel that those coins are the very core of the game.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok for all the people who fail to comprehend: regardless of your opinion about whether or not 6 coins matter, or whether they take 18 seconds or 144 hours, the fact is this is yet another in a massively long list of failures that have befallen neverwinter in recent months. as someone who has contributed plenty to the company, to be told bluntly that the coins are gone regardless, in a very uncaring manner, is extremely unprofessional. a company with standards would immediately try to fix the problem at it's root, rather than claim that it's impossible, which obviously is untrue. even though i did log in before the coins should have disappeared according to the timer the day before, they were already gone, so their system clearly doesn't work, and i was double-screwed on all of my characters and my gf's as well. the coins system is so bad though it runs on 2 daily cooldowns, the daily reset timer and it's own 22-hour cooldown internal clock.

ULTIMATELY: the point of all of this is that it certainly exemplifies the quality of customer support and concern here in neverwinter. this game had a lot of potential but with the way in which it is managed, and the tactics the company employs to earn from it, it is inevitably doomed, as more and more of the contributing customers decide they simply are not getting their money's worth at all, and they have every right to cut you off from their money :)

What I comprehend from your diatribe, is that (despite claims to not playing) you have a massive self entitlement complex over an issue outside of Cryptic's control. You have completely lost perspective over what amounts to a non-existent fantasy and are somehow trying to equate a few 1s and 0s to some sort of fundamental failure of customer service and technology at Cryptic. It's been stated several times that Cryptic are still considering the situation, yet despite this you continue to apportion blame. The more you continue, the more ridiculous you appear...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lost all my invokations due to your network isues

Also submitted a ticket ingame for this with ticket ID # 2,376,069

I have 6 characters invoking daily. I stayed up until 3 AM (CET) last night hoping they would fix the networkproblem.
    When I wake up at 9AM this morning, they had fixed the networks but all this week's invokings are gone.
    I usually get my 7'th invokation on monday nights or with 2 characters on tuesdays.
    This means that this mess has cost me 28 invokation points. 28 times this past week have I logged into the game in for naught..

Don't give me my Points back if that's so hard for someone that constructed the game (beyond my imagination that this can be a hard thing to o if the really wanted) then instead go public with the fact that you have no Control over your own pixels...

And to the CM that keeps explaining that more then me lost their coins, and thus I should feel better.
    "If I have no food and you tell me other people are starving too, in what way does that help me, unless I really dislike other people and want them to suffer?"

Worst peptalk ever writen Mr CM!
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok Ok, I'll give up on the Hampster :(

So long as I can have the extraordinary Rabbit instead ;D
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is an accepted fact (lets not mess about here, it's in the nature of computers in general for stuff to go wrong at times) for Neverwinter to go down unexpectedly for extended periods of time causing people to lose their celestial coins. This isn't bad programming or cheap parts, even the best made parts can break down unexpectedly and Cryptic is doing all they can to prevent this (If you think that the 2 hour downtime every Thursday is just to install patches then you are simply wrong).

Also, given the amount of players there is nothing short of either 2 days trawling through database logs (and believe it or not, Cryptic devs and PWE GMs have better things to do than read a database for 2 days) or a rollback (causing another 12 hour downtime and people to lose their progress since friday) to accurately restore the celestial coins lost and make sure no one gets slighted or no one comes out ahead of everyone else. This would also have to wait until Thursday for the data to be propagated and people who had more than 1 coin on Friday would lose out due to the hard coded limit of 7 coins.

Under the TOS they have zero obligation to issue compensation, they have no legal requirements under any law to do so either (it's a free service after all, you paid nothing for those celestial coins). If it was that you had purchased an item from the C-Store just before the downtime and were now missing both the item and the Zen it'd be a different matter.

Community staff have said that compensation is being considered, and that as soon as there is more information we will get it. More than likely we will get a standard compensation package like the Caturday one (potions, scrolls, altars ect.) but this would still be service above and beyond what is required of PWE and Cryptic.

TLDR: Cryptic and PWE may give you something, if they do then whoopie, if not then they didn't owe you anything anyway.
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a Cryptic/PWE customer who has paid this company many many hundreds of dollars since the launch of STO I can honestly say "lighten up Francis"

Life isn't fair, it's never been fair and it's never going to be fair. No one is forced to log in everyday. Doing so is a bonus but is not a requirement. There is nothing in the rewards that cannot be acquired elsewhere.
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, guys, it really is making a mountain out of a molehill. It's a few virtual items in a game. Staff has already said that compensation is still on the table for this matter...however, people still need to remember to put things in perspective and remember that stuff happens. Machines break down. Downtime just happens and you know what? Not every business has a book of contingency plans that read like War and Peace so that players don't have to suffer the "injustice" of unscheduled or unplanned downtime. It's not "bad planning" or "bad customer service". You simply cannot plan for EVERY possible situation.

The "solutions" suggested would have, more than likely, been a worse cure than the disease. Rollbacks aren't something you can do with the flip of a switch. Logs take time to sift through--and you have to remember that there isn't a single, global timer for invocation (as opposed to some other games in which certain things reset at a set hour each day). Each player invokes at a different time, and it's 29 hours from your LAST invoke. That's simply way too much sugar for a nickel.

As for the team working on compensation? First you have to decide what is fair compensation for the matter. Keep in mind that PWE can give everyone a green mount or a custom title and under the Terms of Service they have provided far more than they are required.

"As is, as available" means precisely that. There are no guarantees that the service will ever go down no matter how many contingency plans you, personally, think should be in place. Whether you're a company the size of Blizzard (and let's be honest here, if you were to go look on their forums I doubt you would think them to be the golden child of customer service you claim them to be) or a small indie game company, things still go down when you least expect them to--and it's not always a simple matter to bring them back up.

The game was down for a few hours. It wasn't the end of the world, and eventually the game came back up with no data lost besides celestial coins, which are on a timer anyway. You can't amass more than a week's worth anyway, so it's hardly anything really lost.

The violations I've seen in this thread are...I'm going to bite my tongue here. I don't care if it was seven celestial coins or seven hundred, whether it was a week worth of having to log in or a decade, you do NOT have the right to violate Rules of Conduct. Ever. If you happen to be so angry that you have to spew forth that much invective, then I very strongly suggest walking away from your PC for a substantial amount of time before you hit that "reply" button. It just isn't worth getting banned over. If you haven't anything constructive (or at the very minimum, civil) to say, then simply DO NOT POST IT.

This thread is done.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.