What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    lassebierstroemlassebierstroem Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Who the **** opened the mimic chest in the server room!!!
  • Options
    tjam1950tjam1950 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From FB:

Adventurers, we're happy to announce that Call to Arms: Defend the Temple has been extended until 3/25, 10AM PDT! #Neverwinter

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience of the current downtime. We're still working to get you in-game ASAP!
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I suggest kicking back and singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall. I'm certain that will make this whole process go faster.
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cdrjayde66 wrote: »
    valid concern, maybe. but it's not like Cryptic just turned it off. Stuff happens and sometimes it takes a while to get fixed. They're working on it, they've extended events due to this and honestly if it isn't they're fault they really didn't have to do that. ITs great that they did though.

Exactly. Remember that there are people on the OTHER side of this that *DO* want to keep their jobs, and preferably want to look awesome DOING it; they'll have things back to normal as quick as they can. In the mean time...I think I'll take the opportunity to do some stuff around the house IRL! Industrial tasks for the Living Area skill!

-liz
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've got a lifetime sub at STO usually go back there as a backup ...bummer :(
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    Who the **** opened the mimic chest in the server room!!!

lmfao.....those imposter chests...how dare they....lol.
  • Options
    nghtmare67nghtmare67 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    or drinking them bottles :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Guys, the servers are not designed to go down.

If they shut down without being told to it is a MAJOR problem and there is no easy solution.
    ETA's are not given because they don't know. This is not supposed to happen.

First the problem has to be found and a plan for a resolution to be put into effect before ETAs can even go on the table. The fact that we don't have any yet is a good hint it will be a while yet...

Please remain patient but understand no amount of asking for an ETA will get one because there are no ETAs to give. The devs will get things working as soon as humanly possible.
  • Options
    silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure they'll get it back up soon, just give them time. At least they are doing something, unlike other game companies I could name....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    liz you just made doing house stuff sound fun...IRL. lmao right on.
  • Options
    aegonrisingaegonrising Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If they shut down without being told to it is a MAJOR problem and there is no easy solution.

First the problem has to be found and a plan for a resolution to be put into effect before ETAs can even go on the table. The fact that we don't have any yet is a good hint it will be a while yet...

Please remain patient but understand no amount of asking for an ETA will get one because there are no ETAs to give. The devs will get things working as soon as humanly possible.

Yep, totally get that. Do appreciate the fact that you bother explaining that to people. Good luck finding the problem (and fixing it) :)
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    77 bottles of beer on the wall take one down pass it around! 76 bottles of beer!
  • Options
    dman272dman272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok then time to go watch some anime. Do any of you guys watch anime and if so what anime do you all watch?
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am sorry it is like some of those that feel entitled have never had their PC screw up and go down for hours and have to re-install the OS. At least PWE provides us with a forum to discuss these and other issues. Umm...when my internet/phone/tv services goes down where do I get to go...umm no where. I have to wait it out and never here a word about why it was down.

Sort of like yesterday for me...all 3 services went off at 6 am and were down until a few minutes before 4 pm. TV/internet/phone...love that triple play.

What did I do...I went for a walk, and later pulled out a book and read as well as made myself a much nicer lunch then I would of normally. And just waited it out.
  • Options
    sidewazesidewaze Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014

This is actually a bad sign, wrapped in a good message. The good is that openly, honestly, we're not sure when anything will be upright. The bad is well, the problem hasn't been found, diagnosed, solved for, and execution on a fix hasn't likely begun.

Good time to go save your marraige, re-bond with your kid, cook dinner for your girl/guy and get some brownie points. Or just read a book.
  • Options
    bloodsimple2014bloodsimple2014 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just be patient half of you make it sound like its the end of the world.
    Beyond Vengeance Lies Redemption
  • Options
    rhymenoiserhymenoise Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Because it is for some people.
  • Options
    dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2014

i am forced to watch reruns of will and grace with my wife. this is the end of the world.
  • Options
    demonhunter919demonhunter919 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am amazed by the number of people who are up in arms, acting as if this was an intentional action on the part of the developers. That couldn't be further from the truth. They offer this game free to play, however like any enterprise there are systems in place to make money from the game. Unlike the model used by companies like Blizzard where if the server is down they still get their subscription fee, the system used by PWE only pays if the servers are up. They have a greater need to get the servers up and running than Blizzard would in the same situation. You can be assured that they are doing everything in their power to get those servers back up and running as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dronzale wrote: »
    i am forced to watch reruns of will and grace with my wife. this is the end of the world.
    Hahahaha, well, there are worst shows out there, you'll survive.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    marduk6sic6marduk6sic6 Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    I heard they have gotten to the magical number of dollars made from us and we just got "Bernie Madoff'd" lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Not every problem can be planned for, not everything will be thought of when contingencies are drawn up. and depending on the problem, a contingency may take a while regardless.
  • Options
    foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Watching Strike the Blood's latest episode, so I'm good for a while
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sysaphys1 wrote: »
    Wait, are you saying all Neverwinter servers running the game world shut down? That seems...Improbable, borderline impossible. Server failures can and do happen so I can't possibly believe the game world was created without failure contingencies and or recovery solutions.

Multiple PWE games accessed thru arc seem to be down. I guess that's what happens when you run them all on the same servers ;)
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fexchip wrote: »
    It is irresponsible of Cryptic and PWE to not to tell us why the servers are down.... and NOT give us a true plan for resolution.

if nearly all of PWE's games are having issues, then it's probably safe to say that it's not an internal problem but an external one. most companies want to use all of their resources to resolve these issues rather than to spend time making a bunch of official statements as to the exact cause. most people don't care about the "whys"... they want to know when the service is coming back up. providing the specific information that they are aware of this issue and are working diligently to resolve it is definitely enough information.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much but I have been home all day sick and was pretty excited at the thought of squeezing in 6-8 hours of gaming. The family will be home soon now and I won't have another chance until who knows when. Oh well.
  • Options
    azbbqazbbq Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greydog2 wrote: »
    Multiple PWE games accessed thru arc seem to be down. I guess that's what happens when you run them all on the same servers ;)

It's a network thing... router took a ****. Be patient...
  • Options
    treachjuris1treachjuris1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    East coast is down. West coast, Europe is up. I have asked if there is a way for us to select an alternate server...
    sysaphys1 wrote: »
    Wait, are you saying all Neverwinter servers running the game world shut down? That seems...Improbable, borderline impossible. Server failures can and do happen so I can't possibly believe the game world was created without failure contingencies and or recovery solutions.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This might be a promising sign. Some improvement on the 'net backbone...

http://www.internetpulse.net/Main.aspx?Metric=TCP
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    I am sorry it is like some of those that feel entitled have never had their PC screw up and go down for hours and have to re-install the OS. At least PWE provides us with a forum to discuss these and other issues. Umm...when my internet/phone/tv services goes down where do I get to go...umm no where.

One of my favorite experiences was being told to report phone service interruptions by calling the phone company.

Yeah with Cell Phones and neighbors it is possible but...yeah. Haha.
This discussion has been closed.