What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA: Defend the Temple Feedback

Comments

• Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The "dude in the antler helm" is the druid companion.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    back to instant queue, now i feel like a whiner :p
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just checking in on the forum for the first time today it feels like. I'll be able to explore the CTA in about 2 1/2 hours but I wouldn't mind if someone posted up a pic of the weapon transmutes (or if they have, a point in the right direction before I find it myself :P)

Its working great on SCA though. I rather like what I've seen of the dye pack!
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The sub 60s are under-tuned and well so are the 60s. The mobs are way over-tuned. I've never used so many potions on "trash" before. Please fix before I swear off this event on the first day...

BTW I'm 17.5k GS with 3.3k defense and 2.3 k deflect and something out there is nearly one shotting me. My guard meter goes to zip in like 2 secs...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's probably the barrow lords if you get stuck in one of their aoe attacks , I think if you destroy the crystal it lowers the damage they deal but to be honest you better get used to hard hitters during CTA ,next month its battle for the bridge ,if you think the barrow lords hit hard wait till you see what the giants next month can do xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One thing the CTAs have highlighted for me is that perhaps we need a system that can distinguish between a team formed before joining an instance, and what exists during its run. What I mean is, let's say I and 2 friends are running a bunch of CTAs. For whatever reason, we decide to just queue as us 3. The queue pops, and we join the instance. Afterward, we may be stuck with another 2 people on the team, and if one of them has lead, they may not requeue right away or such. Instead of having to go through a vote-kick each time, why can't the game recognize that we 3 are our own team, and the other 2 were simply added by the queue?

Otherwise, I quite like the weapon models and am looking forward to (hopefully) getting one of the companions. The dye looks cool, and it's a nice distraction from the Shadowmantle/Feywild dailies. BTW, which of the scythes is the GWF one, (my guess if the one on the right w/ the blade at a 90 degree angle to the shaft)?

Thanks!

RenaCTAWeapons.jpg

Does anyone think the weapons look a lot like the Rularuu ones from CoH? :o
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I love the GWF scythe , now I just need to buy the Dread ring vanity outfit from the Wondrous bazzar and I have my GW1 Dervish again xD
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I love the GWF scythe , now I just need to buy the Dread ring vanity outfit from the Wondrous bazzar and I have my GW1 Dervish again xD

So is the GWF scythe the larger on on the right w/ the green gem toward the top?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yes the second one from the end on the right of that picture , sorry I didn't see you ask or I'd have answered xD .
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I know there are power groups intolerant of anything but the currently top DPS classes, but there are also groups that are very inclusive.

If you are a player that plays by the rules and does not exploit or use bugs, check out the NW_Legit_Community custom chat channel. The people there, in addition to being generally friendly and helpful, are inclusive of all classes.

In your chat window click the gear icon, then in custom channel click join channel, type "NW_Legit_Community", or just type the following into chat:

/Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

RenaCTAWeapons.jpg

i don't understand why these weapons look dark and the weapon transmute i did looks nothing like this...

ncKYRRT.jpg?1

prior to this, i had the gilded orb from the waukeen event which was gold and green transmuted... did the transmute take on the properties of the old item the way transmuting armor will take on the dyes of what you had on your previous item? i guess i should buy another one and equip it to see what it looks like before transmuting... hmm.
  • Options
    jddouglas83jddouglas83 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's seems to me to be a common game error when transmuting after its done your items merges model+textures from previous and newest. Have had it happen a few times myself I exited game completely and reload and its usually fine.

Side note: Please introduce an Antler Helm wearable and transmute able for all classes. That's what I was really looking forward to from the pic previews only to find it was the companion.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i don't understand why these weapons look dark and the weapon transmute i did looks nothing like this...

ncKYRRT.jpg?1

prior to this, i had the gilded orb from the waukeen event which was gold and green transmuted... did the transmute take on the properties of the old item the way transmuting armor will take on the dyes of what you had on your previous item? i guess i should buy another one and equip it to see what it looks like before transmuting... hmm.

I think that's intentional, TBH. If you look at my cleric, she's wearing what looks like a plate helm. It is an uncommon drop from around the mid 40's in the earlier section of the Chasm. The helm by default is silver/grey. The previous piece of headgear, which I transmuted to look like the helm, had swashbuckler dye applied to it, which is why the current helm has the reds and blacks...

Still, I think that the CW orb looks really cool that way!
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love the CW orb transmute but think the weapon enchant (I have perfect Vorpal) ruins the original look. PLEASE LIMIT THE WEAPON ENCHANT EFFECTS TO ONLY THE ORIGINAL GREEN ORB IN THE CENTER OF THE WEAPON. That would make this awesome.

For those that haven't seen this transmute with vorpal...the entire weapon glows like the savage skull. It doesn't look bad, but would really look nice if changed to just the green orb area.

8813a6ac-3694-4e92-b466-ff582cc9976e_zpsdbd3bcd9.jpg
    f702b95c-e0a9-47da-8e10-d7f8bf4460f5_zpsa609409e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    I love the CW orb transmute but think the weapon enchant (I have perfect Vorpal) ruins the original look. PLEASE LIMIT THE WEAPON ENCHANT EFFECTS TO ONLY THE ORIGINAL GREEN ORB IN THE CENTER OF THE WEAPON. That would make this awesome.

For those that haven't seen this transmute with vorpal...the entire weapon glows like the savage skull. It doesn't look bad, but would really look nice if changed to just the green orb area.

Just as we have a 'disable visual' option on helmets, we should have a 'disable enchantment' effect on weapons and armor. Your suggestion about having the enchantment only affect the gem is a good one, however - I mean, on swords and the like, it only affects the blade IIRC, so that seems logical...
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love the new weapons for my rogue, though I still would have preferred some weapons made of pure transparent green crystal.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My feedback: The Target enemy to complete quests after destroying the deathknell shards does too much damage. With 20% damage reduction, one swing does as much as 10-12k damage. Even though there is a startup animation, it only takes like 1 second and BOOM, over half my life gone. And with all those enemies around it's hard to see when they are about to do the "longer startup" swing.
    Also the area after you get out is like a beginner's trap. Every time i go queue for this and the game starts the whole party just spends as much as 5 minutes killing the mindless enemies at the start. I on the other hand have to go and destroy the shards myself and drag the enemies to the party just to speed things up.
    And don't tell me to use premade games, after 1 game the queue sets you up with one or more random players.
  • Options
    tacodeathtacodeath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think its a nice little event.

Just don't like that fact that I've been running it since it started and have yet to get a companion from the chest, yet everyone in my guild has gotten it in less than 10 runs :confused:
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Every time i go queue for this and the game starts the whole party just spends as much as 5 minutes killing the mindless enemies at the start. I on the other hand have to go and destroy the shards myself and drag the enemies to the party just to speed things up.

This^^. So much faster.

Overall, I think its a fun event. Even more so when your on your DC, level 60, and the next highest level is 12. The group was me at 60, a TR a 12, and 2 GWF's and a CW that were 8-9. Oh yes, that was a fun one! Some of the party mixes are funny.
    Got weapons transmuted on all characters and even used the dye on some of them. The dark colors look neat on the High Prophet set, but the Symbol transmute is rather...interesting. I like the weapon transmute for my TR, they just look nice, and the vorpal makes it more so.
    The CTA is all I did today and it is a nice break from the 'grind' of Sharandar and the Dread Ring, but I think this will be another CTA event were the Companion will elude me yet again. But its ok, my artifacts love to eat those enchantments that drop like flies!
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I am surprised at how much failure the players have managed to produce so far. I am now at the point where I follow the advise "a smart fighter quits while he is ahead" and leave a party as soon as it runs itself into the ground and rather start fresh in a new one.

The typical fail behaviours I have seen:

- A player does not follow the trail, but runs left or right thinking it is shorter. What he does not understand is that leaving your party behind makes you and them weaker and it takes longer. Following the trail is what most players do and there is also a way how one can optimize combat without leaving the trail. For instance, once the party has reached the middle of the map can one taunt or otherwise aggro individual mobs to come to you and they can be killed with AoE damage.

- Rage kicks. There is little that needs to be said here. Somehow have players started to vent their frustration by rage kicking others, who actively participate in the fights, from the parties. A reason is often not given. The elite rage kickers never need a reason of course. If one speaks out against it will one only get kicked, too. Funny, but also annoying.

- Funniest so far was a Hunter Ranger, who went off the trail, sniped all the shards and thereby lead *all* the mobs to the party, and so the party died horribly. One can attract some mobs as mentioned above, but attracting all of them is just a bad idea.

All in all is the CTA pretty good, because it shows where people suck and where they can improve their game.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like it. I like the dyes, they look much better on my armor than the Many-Arrows dyes did. I'll probably even get a weapon transmute this time, the bow looks really good, although the weapon enchantment will probably ruin it a bit.

Although I always seem to get a bit stuck when exiting the temple, the door is a bit too small.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    We must have met the same HR or -and that would be a lot worse- more HRs think it's a smart thing to lure the entire map on the party.

Most reasonably geared anything do that. CTA is somewhat frustrating for more geared and experienced players, as the mob scaling is insipid and uninteresting, and stuff dies before you can even get debuffs up. Pulling everything into a pile and opening a can of whoopass is what many players will do, now that boon inflation makes even casual players with any skill at all complete killing machines.
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have now also observed grief kicking, where players get kicked off the party at the very end to deny them access to the chest. I am simply amazed by the inability of some players to play nice. Might be a good idea to disable kicking during these CTAs.

The queue also could use some improvement. Sometimes there is no cleric around for 7-10 parties in a row, which is not really a problem, but then one suddenly finds oneself in a party with 2 GFs and 2 DCs.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    fgreyspear wrote: »
    I have now also observed grief kicking, where players get kicked off the party at the very end to deny them access to the chest. I am simply amazed by the inability of some players to play nice. Might be a good idea to disable kicking during these CTAs.

The queue also could use some improvement. Sometimes there is no cleric around for 7-10 parties in a row, which is not really a problem, but then one suddenly finds oneself in a party with 2 GFs and 2 DCs.

I don't get why you would kick anybody who is doing their share of work in a skirmish , some people just suck :<

Personally I hate kicking players and have never ever initiated a vote kick against anybody before last night , we had a party of 4 level 60 players and one player in mid 20s , the 4 lvl 60s inc myself did everything while the lvl 20 just stood near the temple entrance messing about and literally did nothing whatsoever for the entire skirmish so I started my first vote kick xD , vote kick still failed so meh whatever xD

Unlike quite a lot of capped players I have seen in LFG and the legit channel I have no problem running with lower level players as long as they pull their weight but there's no way I'm going to be happy about carrying anybody no matter what level they are.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

ncKYRRT.jpg?1

The pic I posted shows what it looks like prior to using it as a transmute. Your result after transmuting looks really cool! Problem is when you add a vorpal enchant you loose the awesome look.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    The pic I posted shows what it looks like prior to using it as a transmute. Your result after transmuting looks really cool! Problem is when you add a vorpal enchant you loose the awesome look.

here's what the deathknell orb looks like with a greater lifedrinker enchant.

liXKid4.jpg?1
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Getting into pug skirms can be fun to see how others play classes .. love to see melees and CWs just knock things about instead of clumping them up! lol. Its if they didnt know getting things closer to the group and balled together isnt the fastest option.

Seriously, you can pull AT least the first half of the map together with a group of 60s and kill it. Most companions are annoying, store them for solo work and run with augments.

I dont like the drop rate on the lvl 5 enchants though.. 1 out of 42 runs.. with just dye packs to show the difference, even my turn in for the refinement cashes have been fail , with winning 4-5 minor potencies =P..

Two CTAs ago, the lvl 5 drops were much better with 1 out of 3 or so, worth the time farming them for refinement purposes (I got like 60 during that event, which helped me cap a artifact to purple anyways. I need more blues!)

No ideal why anyone would quit, if people die let them, you can do it with 3 60s really, its not that hard. Ive done it as the only 60 , which was fun on my DC, because I led every category =P..
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    here's what the deathknell orb looks like with a greater lifedrinker enchant.

liXKid4.jpg?1

That looks quite different than my pervect vorpal...and quite cool btw. Perfect vorpal completely covers everything so you end up with a bright glowing shape with no real detail and you definitely lose the green in the center crystal.