test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA: Defend the Temple Feedback

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind the CTA. It's by far the fastest one to run: Each member runs to a different crystal, brings all adds to the middle, and "Hulk, Smash!!!"
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    Don't really like the dyepacks... but the transmutes are looking awesome!

What!? o.O

I LOVE the dye packs. Simple iron color, with a muted brown and black. Keepin' it real, brosef! ^^
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So far I have had fun with this Skirmish when I get in groups from Legit. When I pug it, the skirmish isn't nearly as fun, but its not boring at least.

I'm happy of course that we don't have to farm constantly to get the weapon skins, but still have to fight that RNG for the pet.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind the CTA. It's by far the fastest one to run: Each member runs to a different crystal, brings all adds to the middle, and "Hulk, Smash!!!"

Yeah, I don't get why this CTA is pretty much solo-able. But, hey, I like the dye, so I'm not complaining!
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Another great example for a fail party: 1 DC, 2 GWFs, 1 CW, 1 GF

Seems like a really good combo, right? Only the DC does not heal and players start to die in the brawls. Suddenly a vote is cast to kick ... the CW.

I just left the party laughing. How this could have gone so wrong is beyond me.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only problems I have had are in PUGs with inability/unwillingness to communicate - for example when the group runs out of the gate, and half of them run past the first two monster groups right to the first shard, but the other half stops at the first (skeleton) group and starts fighting.

Splitting up is fine and well for an overgerared lvl 60 group, but it is a problem with an undergeared, disorganized and inexperienced group.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I enjoy the randomness of a pug and I don't mind dying. My first few pugs had at least one overpowered lvl 60 GWF. As you can imagine, those skirmishes were quite boring. Then things got interesting at night.

Entered one with 2 HR, a CW and cleric. One nut, I don't know who, aggroed most of the map and ran them back the entrance. Everyone died at least twice. No one quit. Was great fun!

Had a Guardian Fighter show up in another. How rare! But the dude basically stood around until the Bone Golem boss. It's like his whole purpose for showing up was to tank the last boss. Now that was hilarious to me. He did tank the golem like a champ as it never moved from his face. I sent him a "great job!" tell.

You want to find wacky pugs for CTA? Just que during the dungeon delves. Many of the overpowered guys are running dungeons.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devocut wrote: »
    I enjoy the randomness of a pug and I don't mind dying. My first few pugs had at least one overpowered lvl 60 GWF. As you can imagine, those skirmishes were quite boring.

This is exactly how I feel ,its all fine doing super efficient runs where everybody splits off and kills assigned groups but after a dozen or so runs like that it becomes mechanical ,pugs are much more fun and amusing random things happen , RNG has finally ceased hostilities against me it seems and I got 2 druids in my first 25 runs so now I don't care about efficient , I'd rather have fun and hopefully help out some newer players as a bonus , as long as they do their share of course .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    This is exactly how I feel ,its all fine doing super efficient runs where everybody splits off and kills assigned groups but after a dozen or so runs like that it becomes mechanical ,pugs are much more fun and amusing random things happen , RNG has finally ceased hostilities against me it seems and I got 2 druids in my first 25 runs so now I don't care about efficient , I'd rather have fun and hopefully help out some newer players as a bonus , as long as they do their share of course .
    It is why I leave the fail parties as soon as I see the drama unfolding. I like to help newer players and also experienced ones, but I do not enjoy those wannabe pros, who run off or start blaming each other for their failures when they lack in competence, foresight and teamwork and pull the team down. And these wannabes cannot be helped once they start with kicking or trolling on the chat. So I rather quit the party, get the hell away from the drama, and get into the next one where I hopefully can be of use.

PS: my favourite comment in PvP is "If you want to troll then go under the bridge. There is one right there."
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't get why this CTA is pretty much solo-able. But, hey, I like the dye, so I'm not complaining!

CTAs tend to be soloable, with decent gear/spec. I wish you could easily enter them solo.

In the previous CTA, I would start chain pulling all the mobs in an area, grouping and killing them- while clueless team mates jumped on a couple of running aggroed mobs at the back of the pack (scattering the pull a bit). Usually, they'd still be making inept, knockback-heavy attempts to kill them by the time I had burned the rest of the pull. It wasn't unusual for me to have the end boss down before the rest of the group even arrived to engage it, after scuffling ineffectually with some mobs they had peeled out of my pull a few packs ago.

Sometimes, the people behind would try to engage in drama, yelling at each other because one or more of them died to their little handful of mobs, but it simply wasn't relevant to me.
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice CTA, and I the RNG gods were with me again (Moonshae Druid in 3rd or 4th run). BUT...
    I really hate rangers now. They seem to do basically two things:
    1. Spam roots into my neatly stacked pile of mobs, so my shard just passes through without effect.
    2. Get aggro on as many mobs as possible, then run around like a beheaded chicken. Yeah, because nobody is interested in getting things done quickly...
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fusshupe wrote: »
    Nice CTA, and I the RNG gods were with me again (Moonshae Druid in 3rd or 4th run). BUT...
    I really hate rangers now. They seem to do basically two things:
    1. Spam roots into my neatly stacked pile of mobs, so my shard just passes through without effect.
    2. Get aggro on as many mobs as possible, then run around like a beheaded chicken. Yeah, because nobody is interested in getting things done quickly...

This is not a problem with HR, but instead of bad players, which CTA is full of: I've seen way too many CWs using Ice Storm instead of Singularity even after I asked them several times to use Sing, DCs that didn't heal and didn't do any damage either, TRs that didn't attack bosses and kept using Impact Shot on mobs and so on.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And ppl standing around dong nothing because they have two toons in there trying to get double the rewards
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    This is not a problem with HR, but instead of bad players, which CTA is full of: I've seen way too many CWs using Ice Storm instead of Singularity even after I asked them several times to use Sing, DCs that didn't heal and didn't do any damage either, TRs that didn't attack bosses and kept using Impact Shot on mobs and so on.

Ice Storm is a fantastic and very damaging daily, often more useful than singularity. So while you can ask someone to change the way that they play to suit you, that doesn't mean they're a bad player. People shouldn't need to do a skill check at the door in a PUG. Just did a CtA where the two HR's used only split shot and didn't get why they kept dying when they were pulling large groups of enemies. Still completed it, but it was a little irritating.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    What? You can't get your GF in there? It is a CTA, just randomly queue, nobody cares about class. My GF got his transmutes in 7-odd runs.

As for the transmutes; The GF's are simply the best I have ever seen. Fantastic. The GWF's scythe was a little underwhelming after I got that awesome sword-axe for my GF.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Ice Storm is a fantastic and very damaging daily, often more useful than singularity. So while you can ask someone to change the way that they play to suit you, that doesn't mean they're a bad player. People shouldn't need to do a skill check at the door in a PUG. Just did a CtA where the two HR's used only split shot and didn't get why they kept dying when they were pulling large groups of enemies. Still completed it, but it was a little irritating.

In the case of Ice Storm, I think it has more to do with how it scatters enemies - yes, it does good damage, but now the enemies are everywhere, and all your other teammates can't concentrate their damaging AoEs.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Speaking of CWs messing around in CTA; I had two that insisted on throwing things all over the map. I suspect they are fresh CWs, because they clearly did not appreciate how they were irritating the GF and GWF in their party by throwing things we were hitting into the next area code.

The headless HRs are also funny. One even spammed party chat with ''Help'' as he was running around the map, mobs in tow.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    snip
    Side note: Please introduce an Antler Helm wearable and transmute able for all classes. That's what I was really looking forward to from the pic previews only to find it was the companion.
    But it is still close to St Pats day, so we need a transmute that looks like this:

high speed drinking helmet
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going with thumbs up to the art department, folks seem quite pleased with most of the transmutes.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ice Storm is a fantastic and very damaging daily, often more useful than singularity.

Not at all, you are completely wrong. It seems that you are not used to playing with groups and only doing solo content.

Ice Storm scatters mobs all around and lowers the entire team DPS. It also makes it way more difficult for all classes to kill enemies. Ice Storm have its uses, but using it against a large group of mobs is not one of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Not at all, you are completely wrong. It seems that you are not used to playing with groups and only doing solo content.

Ice Storm scatters mobs all around and lowers the entire team DPS. It also makes it way more difficult for all classes to kill enemies. Ice Storm have its uses, but using it against a large group of mobs is not one of them.

You're expressing an opinion, perhaps you simply play with less flexible groups than I do. I am aware of what ice storm does, including giving an entire group a few more seconds for cooldowns to refresh to hammer them when they concentrate. It's part of a rather effective and entertaining rope-a-dope strategy.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    In the case of Ice Storm, I think it has more to do with how it scatters enemies - yes, it does good damage, but now the enemies are everywhere, and all your other teammates can't concentrate their damaging AoEs.

Which can be pretty annoying if the team isn't communicating. When a team is talking and has great communication it can be very effective strategically.

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Which can be pretty annoying if the team isn't communicating. When a team is talking and has great communication it can be very effective strategically.

If you're PUGing, I think we can almost certainly rule out any high degree of communication. Even if you are communicating, I still can't figure out how scattering the enemies in all directions becomes an effective strategy. In the case of, say, singularity, you have all the groups clustered together, where everybody can pile on their AoEs.

Each to their own, but using Ice Storm requires everyone on the team accommodate that play style in order to work, while *not* using it only requires that people do what they already do.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If you're PUGing, I think we can almost certainly rule out any high degree of communication. Even if you are communicating, I still can't figure out how scattering the enemies in all directions becomes an effective strategy. In the case of, say, singularity, you have all the groups clustered together, where everybody can pile on their AoEs.

Each to their own, but using Ice Storm requires everyone on the team accommodate that play style in order to work, while *not* using it only requires that people do what they already do.

With CtA's in particular, when you have such a large range of levels, those few seconds of breathing room can make a considerable difference - particularly when the three low/mid level HR's have been multi-shotting everything and drawing a crowd that they can't handle. There are many different style of play, and some are easier to accommodate than others.

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Like Reiwulf, I have enjoyed it.

I just wish they would fix the return to instance bug already. It does screw things up with groups especially during CTA events.
    Yes, please! That would be great!
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ...Although I always seem to get a bit stuck when exiting the temple, the door is a bit too small.
    Yes. This needs a fix. I've gotten my head jammed against the top of the temple door several times. ...so embarrassing.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Yes. This needs a fix. I've gotten my head jammed against the top of the temple door several times. ...so embarrassing.

This. ^^^^

Keeps happening to my teeny tiny wee little Elf CW. She cannae imagine how the big ol' humans are squeezing through that opening. :rolleyes:

Also, is anyone else experiencing some weirdness when the Bone Golem dies? Twice I've been teleported to the fire at the entrance at that point... very disconcerting, that.
  • Options
    esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Was ok, a wee bt tough if you end up in a team with lower levels as 7s and 8s :( but was still able to finish it slow and steady.Not the wild rush like if all were 60s...lol but the difficulty was fun...but nw the server is down & all fun gone :( Hope we get an extra day for the server down time though :( if players were waiting without fighting we usually kicked them out ...lol
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've run the CTA around 15 times with my main, haven't got the druid, but I did it ONCE with a lv 13 alt and won it XD
    Is there a wya to pass things from one char to another in the same account?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What's bad about the door is that mounting and dismounting run into the same issue. If you don't go right down the middle, you get stuck.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother