test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA: Defend the Temple Feedback

evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
1) lag lag lag lag - (edit - this went after the first hour)
2) Poor scaling - always seem to die when 2 or more non-level 60's chars in group
3) Favors the elite classes - people want to farm it as quick as possible, so no place for GF
4) Return to Instance Bug - anytme I'm lucky enough to find a good group who don't mind having a GF in the group I get return to instance bug and the group disbands.
5) Poor rewards and drop rates. Cmon all I have had is dyes and enchantments!
6) SERIOUS ISSUE of people having two toons in the event, with one standing round doing nothing. Seen this about 5 times now, either that or someone just thinks they can do nothing and get the chest at the end. This is completely selfish and costs me and the other team members lots of potions and more time to complete.

This is supposed to be fun but after 90 minutes I have had enough and got nothing other than some dyes to show for it.
Post edited by evalira on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I enjoyed it so far, some of the mobs were though, but not impossible, I did it with a lv 60 TR with just 10kgs.
    I can't really comment on the prizes because I haven't seen the vendor yet and the prices.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Like Reiwulf, I have enjoyed it.

I just wish they would fix the return to instance bug already. It does screw things up with groups especially during CTA events.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I exclusively pugged the last CtA because of the instance bug and did pretty well. The overall speed advantage you gain in a premade is more or less negated because of the bug (reform, strip, whatever), so pugging is viable for me.

Also sometimes players got randomly replaced by the queue, is that still an issue?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Also sometimes players got randomly replaced by the queue, is that still an issue?

It is the return to instance bug that causes that.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: folks, let's please remember to be respectful and constructive in your feedback.

do not reply to this mod note. send us a PM instead if you'd like to discuss it.
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I exclusively pugged the last CtA because of the instance bug and did pretty well. The overall speed advantage you gain in a premade is more or less negated because of the bug (reform, strip, whatever), so pugging is viable for me.

a premade should need less than 2 mins, dont think you can keep up with that by pugging to avoid the return to instance bug
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Don't really like the dyepacks... but the transmutes are looking awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    Don't really like the dyepacks... but the transmutes are looking awesome!

I got the CW orb and I really like it , I just hope the weapon enchantment doesn't cover up the glowing green bit in the middle of it , I'm going to get the weapon skins for all my classes I think, the dye seems to be very similar to the pirate CTA dyepack but with the colors in a different order if you know what I mean .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    It is the return to instance bug that causes that.

That makes indeed sense. At least last time CtA was around it appeared to me like they changed the composition of pugs. Pugging in CtA has been really annoying because you could end up with four sub-60s, which more often than not delayed the run noticeably. Last time though, I was accompanied by at least two 60s which worked out just fine regardless the class.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The transmutes look really bad, and I have yet to see a nice DC one. Dyes are ugly too, it's just grey. Maybe armor transmutes next time? Would be interesting instead of getting weapons for the 5th time or so. But the CTA is fun. Pull everything to the middle of the map, oppressive force the ~50 mobs, shard on what's left, everything died, and the CW wins. Now, that looks like something remotely challenging.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dnosrc wrote: »
    a premade should need less than 2 mins, dont think you can keep up with that by pugging to avoid the return to instance bug

Haven't tried this one yet, but Orc Assault offered no real speed advantage if you were fighting the mobs at their spawn point.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    I usually have slight lags whenever CTA events just started, so this time round, I spent the first 30 mins getting various weapon skins for my toons (using left over medallions). So when I joined CTA after 30 mins, no lag at all.

+:
    1. Love the medallion concept. I got all my skins before playing any CTA this time round as I had lots left over from previous CTAs.
    2. I like almost all the skin designs.
    3. Pretty easy and straight forward CTA. Quick skirmish.

-:
    1. The green 'gems' on the weapon skins..
    2. GWF's scythe is too short.
    3. The shiny black color on the skins on display are not the real color of the actual skins.
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I got the CW orb and I really like it , I just hope the weapon enchantment doesn't cover up the glowing green bit in the middle of it , I'm going to get the weapon skins for all my classes I think, the dye seems to be very similar to the pirate CTA dyepack but with the colors in a different order if you know what I mean .

I think the green part does get covered up by weapon enchantment visuals.

And yep, the dyepack's colours are very similar to the Swashbuckler's which are very dull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queue is taking forever on a level 58 toon.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'd love to give feedback.. if I was allowed in. 30min into the skirmish event and I've get to get 1 CTA done

Yeah, the wait is always longer during skirmish hour than when it is just normal time... for pug that is..
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    queue is taking forever
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im in q for half an hour now and still nothing with my lvl 60 GF.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The transmute are sadly not black like shown at the vendor, i was so excited when i saw them, the one you see at the vendor are very awesome but then you buy them and they are so just plain metal :(
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    The transmute are sadly not black like shown at the vendor, i was so excited when i saw them, the one you see at the vendor are very awesome but then you buy them and they are so just plain metal :(

Yeah, worse, you can't even dye them to the colors you want. Have to use enchantments to make them less dull I guess...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rfaul wrote: »
    Queue is taking forever on a level 58 toon.

Queue seems to be having issues for anyone who isn't in a full party.
  • Options
    martydapartymartydaparty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Queue seems to be having issues for anyone who isn't in a full party.

Queue was working now its broke or something been waiting 30 min
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queue was working now its broke or something been waiting 30 min

PUGing during skirmish hour for CTA is always slow.. wait till skirmish hour is over, it should be back to normal then..
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If you aren't geared or are an "undesirable" class, just invite others and start your own group. I was on my 10k TR without wep/arm enchants, but was getting 14k+ CWs/HRs all in a group together and got both weapon transmutes on it in ~40min. Still could've been faster but I'm fine with that considering I was probably the lowest GS there by far and constantly ranked on the bottom for damage.

Also, using zone chat in PE is much more effective for starting parties rather than que if your goal is to get it done fast.
  • Options
    martydapartymartydaparty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    PUGing during skirmish hour for CTA is always slow.. wait till skirmish hour is over, it should be back to normal then..

I did 3 in the 1st 20 min now i cant get in to one
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Had no queue problems at all, pugging or premade, until the Skirmish hour kicked in.. then could not get in at all without a full premade.
    Oh well.. I already got everything I want from this, including the Druid pet which I got on my very first run and sold within 2 seconds.. since I sold it for 48K and it was the only one up there, I expect someone probably bought it and repriced it.

The weapon skins are pretty cool, but I only used the Cleric Symbol (awesome!) and the GF shield (not sure, I might miss the skin I had before. They are both cool.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skirmish hour is over and im still waiting in q, so i think that wasnt the problem.
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The queue for this event is very slow, and three times after long waits and finally being added myself, while waiting for the party to fill, I've been dumped from the queue entirely with the message "Couldn't get map names from map manager".
  • Options
    jddouglas83jddouglas83 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Soo in the pictures shown during the Preview there was a dude with the Antler Helm from the Boss on Wild Hunt Skirmish. Yet I see no Helmet from Vendor, soo do we pick it up from a drop during the CTA Skirmish or have we been played here?