test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140224a.11

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Guardian Fighter: Guarded Assault: Resolved an issue that was allowing this power to trigger other damage reflect powers.

Gateway
  • Resolved an issue where the dates listed in the mailbox and Guild News could show an invalid date.
  • Resolved a disconnect that could happen rarely on iOS devices.

Items and Economy
  • Resolved an issue with a number of items that dropped from the Dwarf King that caused them to be Bind on Pickup. They are once again Bind on Equip. Any currently bound items will not become unbound.
  • Tymora's Lucky Coin must be equipped to use and cannot be un-equipped while on cooldown.
  • Tymora's Lucky Coin now shows on the Auction House.

Localization
  • A handful of profanity filters have been adjusted to allow for the use of more commonly used words or word combinations.

Performance
  • Adjusted Domination PvP queues to throttle matchmaking queueing speeds based on population and current average queue wait times to get the best of matchmaking and reasonable queue times.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    This should be going to Preview within an hour or so.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No fix or update about all the PvP gear that was made Bind on Pickup with the pvp patch? is it being reverted or not ? Any update would be much appreciated .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    No fix or update about all the PvP gear that was made Bind on Pickup with the pvp patch? is it being reverted or not ? Any update would be much appreciated .

Added that. I had QA doing extra tests on that, so I did not integrate back into the main notes until I was sure it was working as expected, then I was distracted.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Added that. I had QA doing extra tests on that I did not integrate back into the main notes until I was sure it was working as expected.

Thanks but that sucks for players who had a lot of stuff in their inventory , a lot of huge mistakes these last couple of weeks guys , whats going on?
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue with a number of items that dropped from the Dwarf King that caused them to be Bind on Pickup. They are once again Bind on Equip. Any currently bound items will not become unbound.

NOT FAIR. NOT OKEY AT ALL.

I know at-least three different scenarios were the players got screwed over by this.

1. Players bought some PvP gear to trade in for the new Grim-sets for their alts. But before they could send them to the alts, the items got bound and are now useless. They wasted AD and are now without the proper PvP-gear they planned to use.

2. People farmed GG before patch and didn't have time to sell the gear in AH. They spent time to farm and got screwed over because now they cant sell the items as planned.

3. People playing the AH bought up gear for AD and were planning to resell it after patch. I know people spending millions of AD on this and guess what, they got screwed because now they cant sell them. I know people that lost ALL their AD on this attempt to make some AD.

Its not okey to make something bound over a night like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    So because you are too lazy to unbind items that became bound because of YOUR mistake many people have to lose a lot of AD?

I'm sure you couldn't have found a more direct way to say that you don't care at all about your customers, we got the message.

Any competent database administrator will be able to unbind the correct items.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the PVP items that dropped from Fardelver Crypt that became bound with the last patch are still bound. How is this fair? I have ones for other classes that I can't possibly have equipped, now I am stuck with them or a pathetic 4k Ads salvage for over 7 items between characters that owuld probably fetch well iver 100k.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue with a number of items that dropped from the Dwarf King that caused them to be Bind on Pickup. They are once again Bind on Equip. Any currently bound items will not become unbound.

So basically anybody who had lots of the BoE GG instance dropped pvp gear in their inventory is screwed but if you had it in bank , guild bank or mail storage it'll revert back to BoE?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Perhaps they see it as a way to punish the community for the stones of radiance fiasco. I enjoy playing Neverwinter but every mistake they make seems the punish to loyal and innocent players like myself.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So any of the affected items people have in their bank or guild bank or mail box that became BoP with the pvp patch will revert back to BoE or will it remain BoP? this only says BOUND ITEMS WILL NOT BECOME UNBOUND

Items become bound upon moving the item inside your usable inventory. Unbound items in the mail or auction house will not become bound until moved into the inventory. Yes, any still unbound items should remain unbound.

You should be able to transfer a character onto the preview shard with an item in the mail to test that portion if you wanted to. I do not believe items in the AH are transferred.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Items become bound upon moving the item inside your usable inventory. Unbound items in the mail or auction house will not become bound until moved into the inventory. Yes, any still unbound items should remain unbound.

You should be able to transfer a character onto the preview shard with an item in the mail to test that portion if you wanted to. I do not believe items in the AH are transferred.

Ok cool , thanks for the prompt fix but I imagine a lot got caught out by this , better prepare the firefighters for tommorow's patchnotes lol
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Just for a quick clarification, bank space is counted as usable inventory, right?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just for a quick clarification, bank space is counted as usable inventory, right?

Yes, if you touched a BoP item in a guild bank it could have bound to you, popping into your inventory. Any untouched items still in the bank will remain there and become BoE again.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So you think this is acceptable?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is good that you are fixing the PvP items. Any chance you will be adjusting some other items that are incorrectly BoP or BoE. For example, Hardened Dragonscale Armor from Caverns of Karrundax and Greaves of the High Prophet (from the boss, not from the dungeon delve chest obviously). Both are BoP and should be BoE.

On the flip side, most t2 necklaces, rings, and belts are BoE when they come out of the dungeon delve chest. Most T1 jewelry however is BoP from both boss drops and dungeon delve chest.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So items in the personal bank and inventory (and equipped obviously) remain BoP (because usable inventory)
    Items in guild banks switch to BoE unless somebody already "touched" it, but become BoP anyway as soon as moved into the inventory
    Items in the mail or auction house become BoP as soon as moved into the directory
    New drops form GG will be BoE again

Correct?
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Yes, if you touched a BoP item in a guild bank it could have bound to you, popping into your inventory. Any untouched items still in the bank will remain there and become BoE again.

I have items in my bank that I put there before the patch which changed them to bop went live and I have not touched them in any way. Will they still be bound after the patch or will they revert to boe?

This is in my normal bank, not the guild bank but I have not touched them.

And when I saw that the items were bop on the test server I left all the spare copies I had in the mail from the AH in the mail, just in case this sort of thing happened.

Glad those at least will be boe after the patch, just need to know about the items in my normal bank that I never moved or touched in any way besides mousing over them to check their bind status.

EDIT: Updated NeverwinterPreview and managed to copy over the character in question. The items in my bank that I had not used were bound to character. I was kind of thinking of selling them as Equping them drops my AP and GS by about 6-700.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Since you didn't reply to my post (#6) I would like to ask you directly what exactly you are saying to the players that wasted millions of AD because of devs decided to bind items over a night? I don't understand the reasoning behind that decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    why is Glory Token bound to account and i cannot send it to my other accounts, fix this .. !
  • Options
    gorakasulgorakasul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • Tymora's Lucky Coin must be equipped to use and cannot be un-equipped while on cooldown.

Please reconsider this, this is a massive nerf to the coin that might make it entirely useless to a fair amount of people.
    I already have healing potions, greater stone of health and the potion of heroism in my available 3 slots. I really don't want to swap the coin and potion of heroism over and over and over again in order to use them. I understand that you want to prohibit people using more than one coin, but there surely are better ways to solve that issue...
    It will be yet another user-unfriendly solution, please don't go any further down that road!
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I understand why you can not unbind all gear.

But it should be possible, from a technical point of view, to unbind all bound PvP gear that can not ever have been used - I am thinking of "wrong class" gear.
    Please do try to keep the impact of this bug as small as possible!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Many, many people were negatively affected by this screw-up, and tickets got only form 'unfortunately we can't unbind bound items' responses. And I didn't even get hit that hard, just an Indomitable Champion's Shield. I could have sold it perhaps and put the AD towards converting to zen to take advantage of the Dusk Unicorn sale like I'd wanted to, but things like this really put me off wanting to do anything lest something like this almost invariably happens again. :/

I didn't even get a 'sorry' from CS on my ticket. I've bought zen before, and been considering getting the Feywild pack, but if this is going to be the kind of response we get to massive errors on the part of the company, it really makes me want to spend my money elsewhere. I don't need a faster mount that badly. And the lack of acknowledgment or empathy from anyone does not make me feel good about my contact with CS or PWE/Cryptic in general.

Honestly, I'm less upset about the item than the response. I can run more DK, more T2s, etc. Not the end of the world on one lousy shield. But the lack of even a 'We apologize for the inconvenience' turns this from 'really? oh well' to 'grr'.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    zengiah wrote: »
    Since you didn't reply to my post (#6) I would like to ask you directly what exactly you are saying to the players that wasted millions of AD because of devs decided to bind items over a night? I don't understand the reasoning behind that decision.

Anyone buying stuff pre-patch to attempt to flip post patch was taking a risk. dont even try to act like it wasnt a risk, it obviously was. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. if you spent millions of AD in the AH with the plan to flip it all and you lost because of that, honestly thats just tough luck. not all gambles pay off, you cant win in a gamble all the time or it wouldnt be a gamble lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    deads6667 wrote: »
    Anyone buying stuff pre-patch to attempt to flip post patch was taking a risk. dont even try to act like it wasnt a risk, it obviously was. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. if you spent millions of AD in the AH with the plan to flip it all and you lost because of that, honestly thats just tough luck. not all gambles pay off, you cant win in a gamble all the time or it wouldnt be a gamble lol.

That risk should not apply in this situation. Its simply just wrong to make an item bound like they did over a night. Whats next? They gonna make all CN drops bound? All companions? And if you read #6, you will see that its not just people trying to flip stuff. Its innocent people an legit players who got screwed. Not that playing the AH is illegitimate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    deads6667 wrote: »

I bought 2 sets of the HR gear from the AH. I pulled one out of the mail as I expected I could use it if it happened to become bound but I left the other in the mail for just this case. There is no reason to take stuff out of the mail after a patch and no reason to pull it out if you are planning to sell it after the patch. If nothing else you are wasting INV slots with stuff that can just sit in the mail.

When I found that the items had been flipped from BOE to BOP I left them in the mail and took a wait and see attitude to see if they would change the prepatch items back. The devs were making noises like they were planning on trying to do that after all.

Its unfortunate for people that spent millions trying to make some profit but they took a risk and did not consider how to best handle the "all become bop" case. Poor planning.

And I went and read your #6 post zenglah.

Case 1: They should have mail them to themselves in mails seperated for each character and left them in the mail.
    Case 2: That is unfortunate case. But this exact same thing has happened before to other items so they could have taken precations.
    Case 3: Was addressed in the above.

And its not like it takes a lot of time to put stuff in a safe place. Unless they were farming up until the minute that the servers went down they were just being a bit naive, expecting that nothing could happen to the items that were going to become bound in all other cases. If you have played an MMO for any length of time you should expect bugs on patch day, learn to predict what could bug and plan ahead.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »

Case 1: They should have mail them to themselves in mails seperated for each character and left them in the mail.
    Case 2: That is unfortunate case. But this exact same thing has happened before to other items so they could have taken precations.

And its not like it takes a lot of time to put stuff in a safe place. Unless they were farming up until the minute that the servers went down they were just being a bit naive, expecting that nothing could happen to the items that were going to become bound in all other cases. If you have played an MMO for any length of time you should expect bugs on patch day, learn to predict what could bug and plan ahead.

Case 1:
    So you saying we should all be paranoid and count on that the devs will screw us over? I'm sorry but that don't make any sense at all. If I have gear that is unbound, I'm counting on that they will remain unbound, unless there is a clear statement before a patch that says otherwise.

We should be able to trust the devs not to scew us over.

Case 2:
    Exactly what precautions should have been taken? I farm stuff and I sell the stuff I farm when I can. Now I cant because they are bound. There aren't any precautions that could have been taken in this scenario.

Case 3:
    Basically the exact scenario as Case 1, just another motive (to make AD).

Its easy to be hindsighted and say you should have done X and you could have done X. My point is that its not okay to make something bound without a warning, because everybody are not paranoid and plan a head for a scenario where you will be screwed-over. But after this, maybe we should. Its just sad that we cant trust the devs not to do stuff like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    I bought 2 sets of the HR gear from the AH. I pulled one out of the mail as I expected I could use it if it happened to become bound but I left the other in the mail for just this case. There is no reason to take stuff out of the mail after a patch and no reason to pull it out if you are planning to sell it after the patch. If nothing else you are wasting INV slots with stuff that can just sit in the mail.

When I found that the items had been flipped from BOE to BOP I left them in the mail and took a wait and see attitude to see if they would change the prepatch items back. The devs were making noises like they were planning on trying to do that after all.

Its unfortunate for people that spent millions trying to make some profit but they took a risk and did not consider how to best handle the "all become bop" case. Poor planning.

I have been screwed over by Devs in various games in this way, so yes I am paranoid about it now. The reason they give for not being able to unbind items in your inv is always the same. Once the item is bound it they can't tell the difference between an item that was boe and the new version that is bop. They can't just unbind all of them because then any copies that people shelved because they upgraded become unbound and will then be sold on the AH. Since it seems they are trying to move away from the boe method for these kinds of items thats not something they want to do.

As I posted though, its unfortunate and I feel for the people that got caught by this but I don't really expect a change to them. If they manage to put in a patch that changes the items so that they go back to boe I'll be very surprised and glad for those that got caught.

I would put any items I can't use in the bank for a month or so and see if anything changes. If nothing has been done by then then the items might end up salvaged next time bank space is needed.

EDIT: BTW I tried to test this before the patch went live. I transfered a character to Preview with the items and found that they stayed BOE. Although it was an early version I decided to leave things in the mail just in case something changed.

Their patches almost always have side effects. Did you know that that patch also undid an earlier patch that changed the human figures with the name sprite into actual sprites? For a time there were actual sprites flying about but now they are, once more, humans named sprite walking around in Sanandar.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Okay, make it accound-bound 'til being equipped at least. So I can make a good use of it instead of just transforming it into 8k RAD, because if I do this I'll just cry.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    So when are you guys going to balance TRs in PVP?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All these other pressing matters aside, I'm really surprised that there was no fix for the Fool's Crown this week
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?623311-BUG-Fool-s-Crown-of-Neverwinter-Free-Appearance-change-not-working
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.