test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Decreased glory for winning is a failure

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
It is faster way to gain glory by giving up at the begining and losing the match in 5 min, than actually fighting for 20+ and wining. I can see ppl in PvP who just as soon as they get 500 points, hide somewhere or run in circles and wait for pvp to end (Especialy when theres like 2 gwfs in other team).
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you mean getting 600 glory for a victory + 500 from the battlemaster's and then 600 + 500 extra glory from rhix when you win your second match, instead of the usual 400-600 (during event, with leavers, etc) glory is worse than it used to be? Nice maths skills, buddy.
  • Options
    iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    It is faster way to gain glory by giving up at the begining and losing the match in 5 min, than actually fighting for 20+ and wining. I can see ppl in PvP who just as soon as they get 500 points, hide somewhere or run in circles and wait for pvp to end (Especialy when theres like 2 gwfs in other team).

Well s***. I think you are right. Thank you for posting it on the forums for everyone to copy and do :D
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can see players who do many matches per day being dissatisfied with the reduced Glory gain, but the average player will probably make out as well or better thanks to the aforementioned quest rewards and the ability to convert unwanted Grym Coins to Glory.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    So you mean getting 600 glory for a victory + 500 from the battlemaster's and then 600 + 500 extra glory from rhix when you win your second match, instead of the usual 400-600 (during event, with leavers, etc) glory is worse than it used to be? Nice maths skills, buddy.

Its 500 not 600 for win. You have to win 1 match really to get 500, rhix will give u it even for lost game. After this it is better to give up and lose 20 games than fight and win 5...
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i got 500 glory after winning a 1h 17min match.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Three matches per character per day vs farming glory at length on any given day. Math is hard.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Its 500 not 600 for win. You have to win 1 match really to get 500, rhix will give u it even for lost game. After this it is better to give up and lose 20 games than fight and win 5...

600 or more during the pvp event.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The new Glory amounts are a joke. A guildie of mine waited for 45 minutes for a PVP queue. His game lasted (get this) 1 hour and 20 minutes. His reward: 500 Glory.

And he won.

Edit: As stated above! :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Another day of pvp: 4 out of 5 matches we got afker who was just sitting at campfire - to me it looks like a problem...
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another day of pvp: 4 out of 5 matches we got afker who was just sitting at campfire - to me it looks like a problem...

Yeah, has been stated over and over again that the leaver thing will just shift, because the underlying problems are unsolved. So here we are... predictably.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They shuld put a "bonus" for longer matches. Else, people will just take a look at the watch, and after 15 minutes they will simply stop fighting/ try to cap points and let the match end fast.

Still not quite simple to do, since people could Always exploit the bonus and arrange a match just to get more glory.

Still, longer matches should grant more glory.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With this new system i noticed matches go on better. Not necessarily balanced, but 5v5 all the time the worst result i've seen was a 1000-400. Matchmaking started to work faster today for me, and got only 1 match where 2 players left.
    PvP looks more fun. Much more fun. People can fight longer, and only when focused 2v1 or more you get taken down fast. Even when losing a match, people can fight and kill enemies, which makes the matches less frustrating for the losing side.

Can and must be improved, but i think it's promising.

GWFs now can be taken down faster and easier than before if they are not really good at evading/ using sprint. 2v1 i'd say it's much better. Where a GWF could regenerate a lot and win a 2v1-3v1 fight, now he can buy time and may be kill 1 enemy if he's lucky. Which is good.

Some classes still need a buff. DCs seem to need some love.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    With this new system i noticed matches go on better. Not necessarily balanced, but 5v5 all the time the worst result i've seen was a 1000-400. Matchmaking started to work faster today for me, and got only 1 match where 2 players left.
    PvP looks more fun. Much more fun. People can fight longer, and only when focused 2v1 or more you get taken down fast. Even when losing a match, people can fight and kill enemies, which makes the matches less frustrating for the losing side.

Can and must be improved, but i think it's promising.

GWFs now can be taken down faster and easier than before if they are not really good at evading/ using sprint. 2v1 i'd say it's much better. Where a GWF could regenerate a lot and win a 2v1-3v1 fight, now he can buy time and may be kill 1 enemy if he's lucky. Which is good.

Some classes still need a buff. DCs seem to need some love.

Of course a GWF saying that. I win matches and this isnt fun at all. And GWF's are more overpowered than ever. Full set with tenacity and still getting proned constantly. WTG Cryptic.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Of course a GWF saying that. I win matches and this isnt fun at all. And GWF's are more overpowered than ever. Full set with tenacity and still getting proned constantly. WTG Cryptic.
    Odd. I'm running around in the T1 PvP sets and am rarely getting proned - certainly way, way less than before the patch. On my TR it's really noticeable how much extra time I can afford to have outside of stealth/ITC and still compete.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Yeah, has been stated over and over again that the leaver thing will just shift, because the underlying problems are unsolved. So here we are... predictably.

amazing that anyone take a sample size that small and call it predictability. i call it anecdotal. :P
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I wonder if there isn't some way that they can time how long you are in the campfire area , once you have been there say 30 seconds you get teleported to the arena directly under the spawn point or something?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I remember getting 1300 glory for long matches before patch

good days
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have noticed that matches are longer post change. This is probably because the players/teams are more closely matched. More equal teams take longer to dominate. Plus the Leavers, for some strange reason, don't like the leaver penalty. Before the change I had proposed changing Glory to use the points won as the base + 50% for being on the winning team + bonus for the top 5 positions (+50% for top, +40%, +30%, +20% and +10% of base for the top 5).

I would also like to see on the Character Sheet your PvP ranking, because ti's my score and I'd like to know where I stand using 1000 as that starting point and going up and down from there. This would help with ranking and it may already be being done, but I'd like to see my score for bragging rights, just like GS.
    They shuld put a "bonus" for longer matches. Else, people will just take a look at the watch, and after 15 minutes they will simply stop fighting/ try to cap points and let the match end fast.

Still not quite simple to do, since people could Always exploit the bonus and arrange a match just to get more glory.

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have noticed the numbers are down, my HR's best was 1050, GF about 1000, and play my DC rarely so don't keep track.
    doggy009 wrote: »
    I remember getting 1300 glory for long matches before patch

good days
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This new system is horrible to say atleast. My friends and i came in to a match yesterday, one of the cws who has a bad internet connection lost if for a few minutes at the start. He came back in but got the: " bla bla bla you will leave map in 5 sec" message and he got banned for 30 min. So here we are playing 4 vs 5. its pretty even, but we had to focus like mad! But we lost anyway to 1000-987. I took us 53 minutes and arena PVP-even ran out on us. We were rewarded with the fantastic sum of 168 awesome glory! If its a long and even game for almost an hour the reward shouldnt me that low imo.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    i got 500 glory after winning a 1h 17min match.

lol same here I was like wtf is this.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Agreed. I already predict it would happen since that is what I would do if I am stuck with a bunch of loser team and I am not on my TR/GWF i will just sit at spawn and do nothing lol.

They are no better then a actual leaver, since they already set them apart from the game, that is why I think there should be a surrender vote system if there is a leaver penalty.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Not sure what you are talking about. I used to get 700+ glory for winning during non PVP event and 1200-1500 during. The once a day bonus doesn't even come close to making up for the current loss. I used to get like 10-12K a day when I was farming glory.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Longer matches giving bonus glory will only lead to (bad) exploits: let's trade nodes for 30 mins running around like chickens. No thanks. I've been offered too many times by team members to trade caps to get a measly amount of extra glory. Since I always ruin the plan/decline, i'm sometimes, if not often, insulted.

Max rewards for a 15 minutes matches should be taken as an incentive to get the job done asap, improving your play style, play more aggressively, cap more aggressively, chase people running to your flags without any delay, etc.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Prepatch, 15-30min winning game gave me anywhere from 700 to 1500 glory depending on my placing. A loss gave me around 250-400.

Post-patch, 15-20min game win gives me 200-500 glory. Loss gives me 100-200.
    In fact, here's a couple side by sides. First is a 9m win. Second is a 21m loss.
    VSoNIgt.jpg

The decrease in glory coupled with the (generally) longer games is just insulting.

EDIT: @diogene0. If the game is under 15 mins in length, it's because you're facerolling the opposition and the matchmaking system has given you a bad match. I've had games where we've won 1000:100ish and they still lasted over 20-25mins because we won via steady attrition of points.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Not sure what you are talking about. I used to get 700+ glory for winning during non PVP event and 1200-1500 during. The once a day bonus doesn't even come close to making up for the current loss. I used to get like 10-12K a day when I was farming glory.

And I know what i'm talking about.

Pre patch:Red team being steamrolled. Someone leaves. Quick 7 minute match, mostly spent running around not to be caught and kicked by the anti bot program. 300 glory, 400 during the event. If your team didn't ragequit that is. You need at least 3-4 attempts to find a match someone on your team won't leave.

Now: 15 minutes matches, and I get 450, +500 from the battlemaster, I had fun, and if I do another successful 15 minutes match, I get another 450 (from map) +500 glory from rhix. That's 2k glory for 30 minutes of pvp (maybe a bit more with 2 mins waiting times).

The morale of the story is: don't suck. If your match lasts 20+ minutes you're doing something wrong. If you can't farm glory all day long, well, it's because the devs chose to reward daily but casual pvp playing.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And I know what i'm talking about.

Pre patch:Red team being steamrolled. Someone leaves. Quick 7 minute match, mostly spent running around not to be caught and kicked by the anti bot program. 300 glory, 400 during the event. If your team didn't ragequit that is. You need at least 3-4 attempts to find a match someone on your team won't leave.

Now: 15 minutes matches, and I get 450, +500 from the battlemaster, I had fun, and if I do another successful 15 minutes match, I get another 450 (from map) +500 glory from rhix. That's 2k glory for 30 minutes of pvp (maybe a bit more with 2 mins waiting times).

The morale of the story is: don't suck. If your match lasts 20+ minutes you're doing something wrong. If you can't farm glory all day long, well, it's because the devs chose to reward daily but casual pvp playing.

15 min matches or less r pretty much fighting a team that isn't gonna win unless they get really lucky. pre-patch, i have had 20-30 min matches where everyone fought tooth and nail for that 700-1000 glory, but now it's more like being penalized for the good matches.

pvp is not supposed to be all about a couple matches daily. it's something people do for dozens of matches every day to have some fun. trying to turn everything into a daily campaign like sharandar just ruins the fun a bit.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    15 min matches or less r pretty much fighting a team that isn't gonna win unless they get really lucky. pre-patch, i have had 20-30 min matches where everyone fought tooth and nail for that 700-1000 glory, but now it's more like being penalized for the good matches.

pvp is not supposed to be all about a couple matches daily. it's something people do for dozens of matches every day to have some fun. trying to turn everything into a daily campaign like sharandar just ruins the fun a bit.

So you mean pvp should be designed around people playing it 6h a day? Well, that kind of posts ruins the entire thread imo. This isn't gonna happen. Ever.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you mean pvp should be designed around people playing it 6h a day? Well, that kind of posts ruins the entire thread imo. This isn't gonna happen. Ever.

The fact of the matter is that if ELO works as intended and you are a half-way decent PvPer, you will eventually end up in properly competitive games. These are unlikely to be quick 15 minute affairs.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

in 45 mins you can get decent glory if you win, but... losing a bunch straight getting enough points to get glory, is FASTER

Quests aside, since they dont net ANYTHING more than once.

the point is, they reduced the glory per match, they made the matches almost 5x as long.

Thats kinda crappy.