test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter just got nerfed further in PvP

runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Before Thursday morning:
I'm running a "dps" guardian for PvP (as much as it can be anyways :P) And everyone is saying gf's suck. I could see why they would say that. We do have our weak points, but we can do decent damage, kite/prone, and hold points like crazy. So I'm doing the daily, and before I know it, 4 matches are over. I'm having fun.

After patch:
First things first. WHY IS THE THE QUEUE SO ****!NG LONG!!! After the 1 hour wait, I go middle point and control wiz is there to meet me. Lunging strike first to unmount him. (Usually hits for 4k right?.) Well not this time. 2k. He doesn't even fall down. And bulls rush for 2k. Frontline for 1.5k. And this is to a CONTROL WIZARD - the cloth wearing (defenseles) class.

Did any of you happen to check out the patch notes that had a huge list of fixes for gardian fighter? Yeah, well, you also notice that guardians are even sh!tt!er after the "fix"? Now we have exactly ZERO reason not to re-roll our cousin fighter's class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by runonnike on

Comments

• Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I notice OP doesn't play a GF effectively.

L2P the class before complaining.

GF already got buffed to the point that it is playable and fun. Just not OP.
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    what the f??? nerf???? rofl how do you manage to breath air
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Cmon. Your hitting enemies at 6k a full rotation. That's maybe 1/4 of their hp. Used to be around half of their bar. And what buffs? Frontline surge? Cuz its fuccking awesome that damage got decreased. How often will you hit 5 people at once? Or is it the 50% heal decrease your talking about? Cuz that makes regen next to useless. And don't forget bull rush. The players are ****ing flopping around like LeBron. And also lunging strike. 1/3 damage to players BEHIND the first target, cuz thats gonna do a shiit lot. D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Cmon. Your hitting enemies at 6k a full rotation. That's maybe 1/4 of their hp. Used to be around half of their bar. And what buffs? Frontline surge? Cuz its fuccking awesome that damage got decreased. How often will you hit 5 people at once? Or is it the 50% heal decrease your talking about? Cuz that makes regen next to useless. And don't forget bull rush. The players are ****ing flopping around like LeBron. And also lunging strike. 1/3 damage to players BEHIND the first target, cuz thats gonna do a shiit lot. D:<

lol, not to mention the build I'm about to release for GFs for PvE. GFs are about to be idolized brah!
  • Options
    rfootrfoot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    there is something wrong with your stats, or build, you should be doing more damage than that, my lunging strike hits 5k. Bull Charge is sexy now, increased range I can close gap from across the node. My Frontline surge hits for 2k, works good, specially at the start, i have a slow mount, show up everyones already fighting FS knock down everyone on the node. FS is still
    Before the patch i'd kill an average CW in 1 rotation, takes 1.5 or 2 now, no big deal. New patch was neutral for GF's, less damage done, less damage taken.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @rfoot I got around 2k offense stats and 5.6 k power. I don't see how you get that high unless you got 12k power buffed with knight captain. :l Or unless I fought 4 premades today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rfootrfoot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @rfoot I got around 2k offense stats and 5.6 k power. I don't see how you get that high unless you got 12k power buffed with knight captain. :l Or unless I fought 4 premades today?
    What do you mean by 2k offense stats? 2k Arp and 2k Recovery and 2k Crit?
    I'd like to help you enjoy pvp, because GF is still one of the best pvp classes out there. The differences are noticeable, but I still get just as many kills as before, and can survive against 2 or 3 opponents quite a bit better.
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rfoot wrote: »
    ... My Frontline surge hits for 2k, works good, specially at the start, i have a slow mount, show up everyones already fighting FS knock down everyone on the node. ...

Yeah, all 5 of them right? Well, except for the two Impossible To Catch Rogues and the three Unstoppable Great Weapon Fighters who chew you up with the oh-so-common Perfect Vorpals.

Yeah, it also works great when we are lucky enough to get those long range DPS classes like the rooting, ghosting, and 5 dodge Rangers or the love to choke Mages.

Frontline Surge needed a nerf to damage, because let's face it, it's now more common to see it on the very hard to kill GWF's. There are so few of us left even trying to make our Guardian Fighters work in PvP any more.
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what Guardian Fighters need? An encounter power on par with the Rogues and GWF's. Call it Unbreakable Armor, it gives us 8 seconds of immunity to crowd control and 90 % damage resistance and maxes our shield until it ends and reflects 50% of the damage blocked. Sounds like something that might make Guardian Fighters competitive again, LOL.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rfoot wrote: »
    What do you mean by 2k offense stats? 2k Arp and 2k Recovery and 2k Crit?
    I'd like to help you enjoy pvp, because GF is still one of the best pvp classes out there. The differences are noticeable, but I still get just as many kills as before, and can survive against 2 or 3 opponents quite a bit better.

Stats: yeah thats about it, I think 1.9 arp tho, cuz stone messes with stats.
    Everything else: Is a guardian better than a gwf of the same gear score? Hunter ranger with the rubber band ****s? Perma stealth rogue? Or an immortal cleric? Only thing we're better than is a wizard. Not saying much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please, stop writing "crybabies" posts. Most of the statemens posted here are false or from a hyperlow geared character. Make an effort and bring your guard to 22k-23k Gs and then tell me if your rotation deals 6k dmg. Just to point out something, my lunging deals 9470-10270 base dmg (If you hover your skill you can see what is yours) and then erase this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just in case you dont believe my words, I attach a picture recently made missing some buffs.

thump_8840342dmg2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deinok wrote: »
    Just in case you dont believe my words, I attach a picture recently made missing some buffs.

thump_8840342dmg2.jpg

5.8 sec cooldown 10K encounter with 65 range?

lol :(
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    5.8 sec cooldown 10K encounter with 65 range?

lol :(

Quite easy to dodge if they're paying any attention.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But but but... we are underpowered! the internet people says so!!! you liar!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014

thump_8840342dmg2.jpg

;O some dc buff on u?
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2014
    I'm a 15k PvP geared GWF(norm vorpal) and I crit geared GFs for 3.5k with IBS when they r marked. They do still hit for peanuts but unless I have a CW buddy backing me I'm not going to attack that walking bunker...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    ;O some dc buff on u?

He says his GF is 22-23k GS.
    My 18k GF's lunging hits for 8-9k. In PvP tenacity gear I still hit for 7-8k.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ;O some dc buff on u?

No, 10k power = ~8-9k Lunging. 22k GS most likely puts his power at 12k+
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    No, 10k power = ~8-9k Lunging. 22k GS most likely puts his power at 12k+
    power math bugged at this skill? at my gwf 1 damage from power only improve damage of encounters by some 2 think
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    power math bugged at this skill? at my gwf 1 damage from power only improve damage of encounters by some 2 think

First of all, I think power scales much better for GFs compared to GWF.

Haven't really double checked, but remember that tooltips can be tricky with GFs, so it's possible the actual damage output is lower.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Haven't really double checked, but remember that tooltips can be tricky with GFs, so it's possible the actual damage output is lower.

could be did not test it on my gf still but for now on gwf if i lose 500 power encounters lose some 40 damage
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Please, stop writing "crybabies" posts. Most of the statemens posted here are false or from a hyperlow geared character. Make an effort and bring your guard to 22k-23k Gs and then tell me if your rotation deals 6k dmg. Just to point out something, my lunging deals 9470-10270 base dmg (If you hover your skill you can see what is yours) and then erase this post.

22-23k gs? And how much does that cost? 50 mill ad? Most players have rank 5's, not 9's or 10's. I bet every 9 outta 10 players got better shiiit to spend they ****king guap on than making a OP immortal toon. And for the record, I got mostly rank 7's that didn't spend a goddamm cent on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    22-23k gs? And how much does that cost? 50 mill ad? Most players have rank 5's, not 9's or 10's. I bet every 9 outta 10 players got better shiiit to spend they ****king guap on than making a OP immortal toon. And for the record, I got mostly rank 7's that didn't spend a goddamm cent on.

My GF is in rank 7's (having removed all the higher level enchants for other alts) and I don't hit nearly as poorly as you. Perhaps you just got matched against a particularly tanky CW wearing teancity gear. I know of some CW's with 36k HP and ~50% DR.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Make an effort and bring your guard to 22k-23k Gs and then tell me if your rotation deals 6k dmg.

Yeah, that isn't exactly constructive advice. That range of GS is definitely the higher percentile of player that very few reach and requires significant investment, both in terms of game time and credit card usage.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Yeah, that isn't exactly constructive advice. That range of GS is definitely the higher percentile of player that very few reach and requires significant investment, both in terms of game time and credit card usage.

Thats true, but my point was about starting a flaming post on forums speaking about "Guardian Fighters", and giving as a proof his numbers, which as I said were from a low geared toon. To make it clearer imagine I level a ranger this week, I put on him few blues and some random epics, I go into PVP and I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, then I run to the forums to say Ranger is Hypernerfed, would it make sense? No, so thats what we got here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tested power on lunging strike looks like tooltip is bugged on it for lose of 19 damage from power lunging strike lost over 180 but in real this skill hits betwen 2.7 and 3.3k while toltip says 4.2-4.9
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Thats true, but my point was about starting a flaming post on forums speaking about "Guardian Fighters", and giving as a proof his numbers, which as I said were from a low geared toon.

Not exactly true: his post pretty much laid it all out. "Here are my numbers BEFORE patch, here are my numbers after". It doesn't really matter that the numbers are low, the important question was whether they were markedly lower post-patch than before. In essence, providing pre/post numbers makes for an internal control (SCIENCE) allowing recognition that yes, skills now do considerably less damage.

Rolling in with "when you get to LUDICROUS NUMBER HERE gearscore, ask me again if we're underpowered" is a bit silly: you're clearly massively overpowered, but that's YOU, not the class. Nerfs won't affect you much. With those numbers you'd faceroll 99.9% of the population before the patch, and afterward only 99.5%. Are you going to notice that difference? No.

At a lower gear level (and almost certainly a lower skill level) it's a lot more obvious when your relative place in the pecking order changes.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep, I almost but gave up on my GF, he needs to be 8000 GS above others to be good its ridiculous! My level 20 CW crits for as much as my cleaves do with 14430 GS!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe but when a GWF has 10% less DR and 5000 power and hit me for 17,000 dmg and I have 10% more DR with 6000 power and hit him back for 5,000 dmg theres a problem!

Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.