Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter just got nerfed further in PvP

2»

Comments

• Options
    zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep, I almost but gave up on my GF, he needs to be 8000 GS above others to be good its ridiculous! My level 20 CW crits for as much as my cleaves do with 14430 GS!

Seriously..if your trying to make a valid point, you loose all credibility with false and ridiculous statements like this...

On point though...I feel my GF is even better in pvp now..he does 80% of pre-patch damage, but seems like he can take 3x the beating..overall so far I feel like GF's were made slightly better in pvp ( and we were not that bad to begin with if played right and to our strengths...)
    If u want to one shot ppl, you rolled the wrong class..
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After a couple of days, theres my conclusion:
    It was probably a pre-made team me and my team fought.
    Strengths:
    As zolron said, gf's are a lot more harder to take down. Maybe not 3x, but its a huge advantage. BUT the 15+ gs gwf's are about twice as hard to take down now. I mean 55% deflect chance, 36k+ hp, and a ****load of teniency!!!
    Weaknesses:
    Remember those PvP days at level 40 where you had pathetic damage, and anvil of doom to make the last 25% faster? Thats basically what I feel like.
    Also, I've critted 12k once, but thats about 5-6k higher than my normal crits. Crits aren't as usefull anymore. :'''(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therancidcattherancidcat Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    After a couple of days, theres my conclusion:
    It was probably a pre-made team me and my team fought.
    Strengths:
    As zolron said, gf's are a lot more harder to take down. Maybe not 3x, but its a huge advantage. BUT the 15+ gs gwf's are about twice as hard to take down now. I mean 55% deflect chance, 36k+ hp, and a ****load of teniency!!!
    Weaknesses:
    Remember those PvP days at level 40 where you had pathetic damage, and anvil of doom to make the last 25% faster? Thats basically what I feel like.
    Also, I've critted 12k once, but thats about 5-6k higher than my normal crits. Crits aren't as usefull anymore. :'''(

I would have to dis-agree, i managed to pull off a 18k crit on a CW yesterday with Anvil of doom, which i have now added into my rotation, with the animation reduction it is now a very viable encounter in PVP, its instant, it hits for a shedload, especially when it crits, and is an excellent GWF killer, you know those one's that like to troll with 10% health who used to be invincible!
    Talking of GWF's, i now get to targets quicker than them when sprinting using the increased range on Lunging strike, i have to say this patch has made my GF a beast, well i'll let the numbers speak for themselves, these are the results from the 3 matches i played yesterday.
    y0jr.jpgsxt7.jpg
    7lwn.jpg
    The third match there was a tough one, but as you can see from my team mates score i held my own very well against a much better side.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2014
    crit is ALWAYS useful regardless of class that should go without saying. its like hmm do i wanna hit 2k or 6k??? duh.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Best offensive enchants? Azure vs Radiant vs Dark for a conq spec GF?
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    crit is ALWAYS useful regardless of class that should go without saying. its like hmm do i wanna hit 2k or 6k??? duh.

Its more like 4k crit for 2k damage :P But I didn't say crits were useless. They don't just take down 1/2 of someones hp more.

And to the person who said anvil of doom critted for 18k. Nice, but it doesn't matter if damage is 8k or 100k, their gonna dye anyways. But its still a dope *** skill to have. And nice scores btw :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bananachef wrote: »
    Best offensive enchants? Azure vs Radiant vs Dark for a conq spec GF?

I'll be trying out both over the next week. Found it very disappointing that none of the tenacity GF sets have crit.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yup...18k crit on Anvil of doom means GFs are OP!!! nerf them!!!! /cry
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As I said to all players...go full offense...
    I went full Armpen + GPF and am laughing how easy its to own GWF 1 vs 1 now.. HR and ..etc...
    Now I found a full enemy team in front of me and get smashed with my New Frontline Surge(with GPF +3000 armpen)(and new greater area) and got them to half hp in one shot and in the ground(maybe 60% hp if is there are GWF in there)... and unbuffed ...and ticking from my fire..LOL...my team just cut their heads...its ridiculous... :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    gotta love having a good GWF to get their attention and all together.... makes the smashing easier. :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    How did you guys manage to un-bury this thread? :P
    guille23mx wrote: »
    As I said to all players...go full offense...
    I went full Armpen + GPF and am laughing how easy its to own GWF 1 vs 1 now.. HR and ..etc...
    Now I found a full enemy team in front of me and get smashed with my New Frontline Surge(with GPF +3000 armpen)(and new greater area) and got them to half hp in one shot and in the ground(maybe 60% hp if is there are GWF in there)... and unbuffed ...and ticking from my fire..LOL...my team just cut their heads...its ridiculous... :cool:

Just out of curiosity, I stacked 10k power with 1k arp, and I think it was a *tiny* bit better than my old 5k power and 2k arp. But half hp with frontline surge? is your weapon on steroids? lol

Btw can I have your in-game name pleaseee??? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therancidcattherancidcat Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just out of curiosity, I stacked 10k power with 1k arp, and I think it was a *tiny* bit better than my old 5k power and 2k arp. But half hp with frontline surge? is your weapon on steroids? lol

I'm running with 5k power and 2k armpen and a normal vorpal and still getting 25k crits (12-16k more often) with Anvil of doom, bulls rush and lunging strike crit between 8-10k i dropped frontline surge myself, but i'm still finding gwf's easy now, as long as you don't stand toe to toe with them, they go down.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm running with 5k power and 2k armpen and a normal vorpal and still getting 25k crits (12-16k more often) with Anvil of doom, bulls rush and lunging strike crit between 8-10k i dropped frontline surge myself, but i'm still finding gwf's easy now, as long as you don't stand toe to toe with them, they go down.

That was my old build, but now I go 1.1k arp and 9.6k power. I've critted 30k once, but normal crits go about 12-16k as you said.
    Because of the matchmaking system's unconsistency, I'll be fighting immortal clerics in one round then 5k gs players in another, so I can't get some solid numbers.
    As I have mentioned before, high gs (16k+) gwfs are even more impossible to kill, however, with the average gwf, I can stand and cleave the **** outta them when there unstoppable as long as they don't have Encounters up.
    Oh yeah, I got my 'Head hunter' title with anvil of doom. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    22-23k gs? And how much does that cost? 50 mill ad? Most players have rank 5's, not 9's or 10's. I bet every 9 outta 10 players got better shiiit to spend they ****king guap on than making a OP immortal toon. And for the record, I got mostly rank 7's that didn't spend a goddamm cent on.

Quoted for truth. That guy basically telling us ' go and spend your rl money to build a top tier toon ' can go F himself far as im concerned.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

SURE , MY TOON IS
    LENNETH
    IM ONE OF THE EIGHT GF MASTERS... lol hahahha
    (Still not there... working my way up)
    So yeah...
    stack 3-4k armpen (for pvp there is no cap the more u can go up the faster u kill in pvp)
    and stack 3k crit( or more if u can).
    How can u achieve this... with Module 3 pets are gonna be used in pvp so stack ur pet
    with those 2 stacks , get a Vorpal....and watch the Red Numbers Fly!!!!
    Crits... Crits... and more Crits...!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Kelemvor doesn't take kindly to necromancy and as such, we abide the Church of Kelemvor and disallow necromancy in the forums.
    (See: Rule 3.13)
This discussion has been closed.