Install Arc
Options

Please suspend looting during fights

2»

Comments

• Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've no problems with folks looting during fights, heck whilst soloing I've let my companion tank for a second or two whilst I've grabbed a chest before respawns or adds can make getting it problematic. However I totaly agree regarding the pop-up window, to me that is the issue which needs addressing, not the looting itself.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Outside of dungeons, there is an option to set the loot threshold higher than greens. As beckylunatic has said, this is disabled in dungeons. I don't know if a premade party queues with an altered seting, does the setting remain or return to default.

I would like to see the need/greed system retired or reworked. Even if you can change the threshold in a dungeon, it doesn't change the fact that blue unidentified items are pure vendor trash and green profession materials and enchants are useful. Raising the setting to blue doesn't really work. I also think that bosses should drop more individual loot besides seals. It's annoying to have a full run and due to poor rolls end up with nothing more than vendor trash and a few enchants. Regardless, I dislike looting during combat and always have, though changing the loot result location has helped considerably. There is one instance I've had where loot disappeared during a fight, while trying to clear out the adds after Hrimir went down. The epic was just the Sharpened Ice Axe and there was a less desirable shard and of course the seals. Still kind of annoying though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whenever I get spammed like that I'm just sitting back going... oh god really?

Was some green "insert random description" equipment so situation critical that you had to spam me in the middle of combat to fight for it? Oh my god really? At least if it were blue it would be worth decent money to vendors for potions... but in the middle combat was it that critical to bug everyone else by spamming them?

I get it if we're talking Epics here. Those I don't want to lose either. You bet I'm ok with you looting that in the middle of combat so we don't lose it. But really... green useless equipment and lower level enchants?

Yeah its truly annoying.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    There is one instance I've had where loot disappeared during a fight, while trying to clear out the adds after Hrimir went down. The epic was just the Sharpened Ice Axe and there was a less desirable shard and of course the seals. Still kind of annoying though.

Loot definitely does dissipate if not picked up, but the timer for this is pretty long. It can be an issue during a very lengthy battle against respawning adds, or during the hike back from the fire if you die while soloing very far away from your spawn point (especially if you decided to go grab a drink and wait out your injury instead of use a kit, if people besides me do that).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should make loot drop individually for each player. Lose the entire "roll for loot" system.

Agreed, it is for potions, skill kits and altars, so why items have to be different?
    To me it seems to be all linked with the perverse pleasure of letting everyone know who gets what from lockboxes.

Why do I have to tell someone not too loot during combat? but hey at least I don't have to tell them what I got.

:(
  • Options
    ingg12ingg12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    So /signed.

I'm not trying to spam enough buttons, let me stop and take a look at this loot...

I am, of course, also the fool that mis clicks and hits shift 1 instead of 2 on occasion specifically as I try and hurry because of this exact thing... causing me to 1) apologize like a madman, and 2) end up passing for another copuple bosses as an apology.

PLEASE let us MOVE the dang box.
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree. Maybe a mechanic that shrinks the popup similar to when you are still in a fight and a contest ends.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    They should make loot drop individually for each player. Lose the entire "roll for loot" system.

I prefer this system too, but it would result in a flood of items and stuff would swiftly become worthless. I would however love it if the dang window could be moved to the side, or loot could que till the end of the run. I have died twice today alone because of it filling my screen.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    How, precisely, do you explain the tactics for killing a boss, if it's a fight that requires more than just pulling a Leeroy Jenkins?
    You dare summon me to this thread puny mortal?

Djinn_222x180.jpg

For the small price of your eternal soul, you can obtain a Gear Score high enough to LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) any Neverwinter Dungeon Instance!

Mwuahahahahahahahaha!!!

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    starflingerstarflinger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So **** annoying most of the time it's some green trash equip.
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The window can be moved if you rearrange your HUD.

This. I was always just too lazy to rearrange it. really annoying when people pick up everything in sight though(4 items pop up on loot rolls)
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    I agree those little loot windows are annoying. Idk how to fix the current problem, but I do find everything from those little windows that pop up telling you there's loot to the actual window rolls during fights very distracting and annoying.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd be happy if there was a UI setting where I could tell it where to place the loot pop-up; top-center is really annoying. If I could specify a corner or a different edge that would be better, especially if it could be narrow if along the left or right center.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I'd be happy if there was a UI setting where I could tell it where to place the loot pop-up; top-center is really annoying. If I could specify a corner or a different edge that would be better, especially if it could be narrow if along the left or right center.

Yes it does appear in the worst possible location. Simply making it a moveable UI element would keep everyone happy.
  • Options
    badblokebadbloke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Yes it does appear in the worst possible location. Simply making it a moveable UI element would keep everyone happy.

This is rediculous Having to close these screens in the middle of a heated battle, where i am trying whoop on these bosses with out them whoopin' on me, and also trying to keep the mobs at bay, while assisting knocked out team mates is simply stupid. I end up just passing on everything. But then, to have to close the dang window again because you feel the need to show me who got the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is just asinine. Give us the option to adjust where the stupid pop ups appear and keep them there, so it feels comfortable to eacho of us.
    Oh, and guys&gals .. if its so obvious someone's a "****", (Like me) instead of calling them a name, let them know what they noobed up so they can adjust.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've done dungeons in private queues and setting it to "round robin" completely removes all loot rolls, even on the boss drops.

I've not tried it in pugs however.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if there's a way to bind, say, the left mouse button to do whatever it normally does as well as selecting N/G/P on any loot rolls that come up. I've been running "greed only" run most often, lately, and it seems that since I'm using my mouse buttons a lot already, why not just kill two birds with one stone...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder if there's a way to bind, say, the left mouse button to do whatever it normally does as well as selecting N/G/P on any loot rolls that come up. I've been running "greed only" run most often, lately, and it seems that since I'm using my mouse buttons a lot already, why not just kill two birds with one stone...
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This bigs the hell out of me too. Window full of "jack won X" when something's beating on you. Irritating.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    vehementinaconvehementinacon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guess I'm the only one that has no issue with it... then again I only loot refinement fodder/boss loot.

Oh hey green item not for my class... Shift2 or 3
    Oh hey something purple i can sell= greed team? = shift 2 or random pug team shift 1

Oh hey refinement stuff shift 1

honestly 99% of the stuff rolled for requires identification it's not on the screen long and you really don't need to hover over and compare stats. Either need for currency or better gear or greed/pass.

The stuff stays on the screen once people rolled for it for only a few seconds if you have a hard time remembering where mobs are.. Maybe you need to get some medical help..

Also loot tends to have a near random poof point it's either a set time or too much stuff on screen and it poofs. Then if you are pugging some trolls start vote kicks after boss fights. Since no ooone bothers to read and evaluate vote kicks they tend to all succeed no matter what.

Also for everyones knowledge since most on here seem to be a bit green... pug ques can't have their loot settings changed. You can't even turn off new recruitment or invite people to fill slots when no one else is joining that is going to stay.

It really isn't that big of an issue if ya need something to complain about, complain about how guardians get reserved spots in ques when for the most part.. Another healer or dps class can replace the so called 'tank'. I used that term lightly since the majority either don't bother using taunts or are more squishy then the dps...
This discussion has been closed.