test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First experience after the patch

lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Q up for pvp. Takes a little longer than usual, no biggie, but q pops. I hit accept, 4 green check marks, then game crashes. Sign back in, I am now in a group with 4 members in PVP map and I am in trade of blades. Drop group, try and re-queue, locked out for 30 minutes. Sad face :(
"we all love this game and want it to thrive"
Post edited by lwedar on

Comments

• galkabeargalkabear Member, Banned Users Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    yeah sorry..
    heres the thing. every update, every event, everything this dev team has ever done, has needed fixes to its fixes, to get even the bad code like this working somewhat moderately. sorry
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to say that about meets what I expected. Hopefully it won't prove the norm, and they will act quickly to minimize it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so basically you can't PVP right now because the queue bug is still there. Thanks for the warning, will adjust accordingly.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm after my first match and I can say this: Gwfs sents are more powerful than before in comparison to others. Your 2nd choice is lame perma stealth which can do pretty good too. Forget about rest classes/builds. HOW THE *** THIS IS MORE BALANCE IN PVP?
  • cenomxcenomx Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    It's still not balanced, they didnt really try to balance this game yet.
    They introduced a TOOL to balance. Tenacity is just the best thing ever could happen to this game.
    For example, they can do specific balance to classes on PvP by adjusting how TENACITY will affect each class; the example we got is that Control Wizard ignores, now, 66% of the Control Resist provided by TENACITY.

If they want, for example, double the damage of a TR do on PVE to make it usefull, they can make tenacity 2x more effective on PvP, when it comes to damage Resist against TR class.

It's so nice, congratz Devs. Best Idea ever.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    cenomx wrote: »
    They introduced a TOOL to balance. Tenacity is just the best thing ever could happen to this game.
    For example, they can do specific balance to classes on PvP by adjusting how TENACITY will affect each class; the example we got is that Control Wizard ignores, now, 66% of the Control Resist provided by TENACITY.

If they want, for example, double the damage of a TR do on PVE to make it usefull, they can make tenacity 2x more effective on PvP, when it comes to damage Resist against TR class.

Ye but the thing is it is worse than before, and some visions of what they can do or not with tenacity in future(might be really long time, or never) doesn't really comfort me.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    Q up for pvp. Takes a little longer than usual, no biggie, but q pops. I hit accept, 4 green check marks, then game crashes. Sign back in, I am now in a group with 4 members in PVP map and I am in trade of blades. Drop group, try and re-queue, locked out for 30 minutes. Sad face :(

This sounds awfully familiar...

Did you then queue with another group, sit in queue for almost 45 minutes before picking up a lopsided win with your guild? hehe
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    I'm after my first match and I can say this: Gwfs sents are more powerful than before in comparison to others. Your 2nd choice is lame perma stealth which can do pretty good too. Forget about rest classes/builds. HOW THE *** THIS IS MORE BALANCE IN PVP?

I fought a GWF on my home point a few minutes ago that literally just stood there while I made a futile attempt to do any damage with my above average CW.
  • doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yeah que takes way too long now

also after the first domination im not that happy with that update im doing like 50% less dmg now since I went for the sent set which is defensive yet I cant seem to tank that much
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Based on preview/patch notes I've already concluded that I would never PvP in this game again. Although to be fair I was pretty much at that point before the patch as well.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We're working to improve queue times right now and should have a solution out soon.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    This sounds awfully familiar...

Did you then queue with another group, sit in queue for almost 45 minutes before picking up a lopsided win with your guild? hehe

haha yeah that was me. Don't worry i then q up for GG and got handed a lop sided loss :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited March 2014
    haha yeah that was me. Don't worry i then q up for GG and got handed a lop sided loss :)

lol, sorry I had to go back to work, I wanted to run GG for the coin.
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Yup. I knew this would happen.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First rule of Patch Day - Never play on Patch Day.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    We're working to improve queue times right now and should have a solution out soon.

Thanks for keeping us posted and getting on top of this among the other major issue that was created. I'm sure you guys are working hard to get out the solutions as fast as possible.
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xnordicx wrote: »
    Maybe if Cryptic started to test things before force them on us pvp que is totaly broken after patch.

How do you know they did not test it? QA people do not fix bugs, the programmers do.

I once worked for a large PC game company as an internal tester. For one game our team of 8 testers found, re-created, and documented over 1,200 bugs for the programmers to fix in our 3 month crunch time before release. Crunch time meant that we worked 12 hours a day M-F and 6 hours on Sat and Sun, every week for 3 months, no days off.

The programmers fixed 700 and the game was released to the public.

But yeah.. Let's blame the QA folks!!!
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the end the gaming company is responsible for what they release, blame fall as it may internally.
  • tedbeckstedbecks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    q dont work
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the end the gaming company is responsible for what they release, blame fall as it may internally.

this is true. you should, however, read the disclaimer of warranties in the ToS. it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • drestin777drestin777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    are they trying to force people out?cant really think any locigal explanation for these half baked releases.
  • toxicwolfietoxicwolfie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happens with games.At least they are working on fixing it right now.Unlike another PWE game that takes months if not longer to get a fix done if at all.So yeah if you think this is bad go play Forsaken World for awhile.Or stay frosty and relax while they do their job.So they don't feel rushed and get it fixed right the first time.
  • sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    This happens with games.At least they are working on fixing it right now.Unlike another PWE game that takes months if not longer to get a fix done if at all.So yeah if you think this is bad go play Forsaken World for awhile.Or stay frosty and relax while they do their job.So they don't feel rushed and get it fixed right the first time.

Are they working on fixing it? What's the fix going to be? Is a rollback happening or not so players know whether or not to invest time and effort into their characters?

These are things we need to know as paying customers. They're not unreasonable questions to ask. Or answer. -bp
  • itscongoyoitscongoyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TY devs for ruining the entire tr class unless you want to go full perma and take our df immunity and then buffing hrs as if good hrs weren't op alrdyi guess we will just give hrs more hp brilliant guys. what a joke .. and these jokes of a set you gave us trs much appreciated way to totally screw ur devoted pvp players..
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queue does work, just takes forever. How is that a bug if you're doing a ranking system, may I ask? Kind of just reveals the actual active gaming population of this game. I did 3 PvP matches today in roughly 3 hours. One queue took over 50 minutes. It's not a bug, it's the ranking system you implemented, which you shouldn't have messed with in the first place. If I actually want to spend the time getting the new gear, especially in solo matches with pugs who have no idea what they're doing and can't coordinate with me via TS or a similar program, with that nice 197 glory win for the match, do the math. Think it will be a done deal to get that set in anything close to a year? Think I feel like spending that much time doing this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again? Let's be real here, they pushed this quickly, in spite of complaints, for a reason. Figure it out.
  • mparaujomparaujo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont understand ... now its "If u dont want to keep dying fighting against 4 or 5 oponents while the rest of your team is running and hiding or trying to catch the other flag alone, u cant play the rest of the game for 30 min" Why make a game that ppl cant play? no point.

Pvp just should have a party leader that can kick ppl that doesnt play for the team. Thats mostly the reason for ppl to leave the party on pvp. other reason, of course, is balance.

Pvp should work as a dungeon. Ppl makes the party before it starts. talk, set the rules and strategies and ONLY then it starts. Now i just press K and pray for a nice random team. otherwhise i just wont be able to play for 30 min.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mparaujo wrote: »
    I dont understand ... now its "If u dont want to keep dying fighting against 4 or 5 oponents while the rest of your team is running and hiding or trying to catch the other flag alone, u cant play the rest of the game for 30 min" Why make a game that ppl cant play? no point.

Pvp just should have a party leader that can kick ppl that doesnt play for the team. Thats mostly the reason for ppl to leave the party on pvp. other reason, of course, is balance.

Pvp should work as a dungeon. Ppl makes the party before it starts. talk, set the rules and strategies and ONLY then it starts. Now i just press K and pray for a nice random team. otherwhise i just wont be able to play for 30 min.

you can just que for dungeons too, and you can make a premade and do all those things you want... have you not been paying attention to the reasons why they made the ranking system?
  • nwodsolznwodsolz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cenomx wrote: »

Yes agree on that but you are lock to pvp gears.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Appreciate some of the work done to the GF. Anvil of Boom and Griffon's Wrath now fire off nice and quickly. Hopefully dailies at some point get the some brush up.

20-minutes to get into my one and only unbalanced PvP match. (Some idiot quit as soon as it started as well. Maybe he wanted to test the penalty? :P)
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    First Impression of the PoD (Patch of Doom)

Log in excited for new pvp system, q for 40 mins, log out, log in lowbie, crash 3 times, log out, play xbox
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression