test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ok, I'm angry now.

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought some epic set equipment(brutal hunter set) a while back. No issues.

Now they're character bound to my control wizard because of this patch. Are you kidding me...?
Post edited by ghoulz66 on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh... all the unbound PvP gear on the AH is now flagged as BoP.

Yikes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    folks, do not post exploitable bugs in the forums. report them through the proper channels or PM them to the community staff so we can push to get it taken care of.

thank you.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This isn't my error. I bought them on my CW before the patch and now find out that they're stuck there!? That's not fair at all.

I'm not letting this go.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    folks, do not post exploitable bugs in the forums. report them through the proper channels or PM them to the community staff so we can push to get it taken care of.

thank you.

Sorry melodywhr , I went through all the moderators but it won't show you are online you all show as offline, I reported it ingame should i report it to support too or did you already?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited March 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    This isn't my error. I bought them on my CW before the patch and now find out that they're stuck there!? That's not fair at all.

I'm not letting this go.

Not you, that was in response to a removed post.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

I'm not letting this go.

submit this issue to customer support and we will forward this on to the community managers so they can take a look at it. :)

as for the exploit note, it had nothing to do with your original post.
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Sorry melodywhr , I went through all the moderators but it won't show you are online you all show as offline, I reported it ingame should i report it to support too or did you already?

it's been reported. sit tight folks! ;)
    edited March 2014
    Ha... hope it gets fixed.

Just remembered I bought the battlefield scavenger set off of multiple toons as well and my TR only bought one piece..
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We're taking a look at this now. Our developers are having an internal discussion and I'll update you whenever I can.
  • siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I feel your pain. I'm now sitting on a set of gear that I was going to give to a friend. *sigh* I can't say I'm angry though. I'd care more if I had not given up a long time ago on customer service.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a bow and 2 pieces of TR gear in my CW guild bank that are now BoP what a downer
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STOP with all the BOP let the game run free free trade will help the economy stop stifling it
    edited March 2014
    folks, please be patient. the devs are looking into this issue. thanks.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Millions of AD down the drain, on the other hand, posted items get zero competition. So thanks?
  • silgalian1silgalian1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please do. NOT HAPPY at all about that 1. I have Indomitable champs armor n heroic duelists greeves stuck on my CW.
    Also Fools Crown of Neverwinter ... had 2 in the bank since last Tymora's waiting for you guys to fix free change ... now they SAY free but it still charges you 51k AD! ...AND it makes my toon BALD!!!
  • djynnidjynni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    silgalian1 wrote: »
    Please do. NOT HAPPY at all about that 1. I have Indomitable champs armor n heroic duelists greeves stuck on my CW.
    Also Fools Crown of Neverwinter ... had 2 in the bank since last Tymora's waiting for you guys to fix free change ... now they SAY free but it still charges you 51k AD! ...AND it makes my toon BALD!!!

The Fools Crown charges AD?! Why does it do that? What a strange bug! I was going to make a point to play during this event because of the "gift" but it doesn't sound like it is worth playing for.
    edited March 2014
    djynni wrote: »
    The Fools Crown charges AD?! Why does it do that? What a strange bug! I was going to make a point to play during this event because of the "gift" but it doesn't sound like it is worth playing for.

He said they were left from the old event. There've been some weird issues where updates to rewards from repeat events don't take the changes properly.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2014
    I am sure this wasn't intentional. Hope not, lol.

Many like myself have no desire to get into pvp. That's why we depend on others to grind and sell this stuff.
  • djynnidjynni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He said they were left from the old event. There've been some weird issues where updates to rewards from repeat events don't take the changes properly.

He said they "still" charge AD which means to me that they did when he got them: "since last Tymora's waiting for you guys to fix"

And I still don't understand how an item charges AD - are there items in the game that are supposed to charge AD for some reason?
    edited March 2014
    The 2 fool's crowns I have are old ...from the last event ...don't know if this is true for 'New' ones but whilst I noticed 1 of my guildies has already been charged 51k ...for not looking (his were 'Old' 1's also)
    edited March 2014
    "Had 2 in the bank since last Tymora's"... last July, when there was no such thing as a free appearance change, thus they did not come with that flag. I have a few of these old items banked as well.

The Fool's Crown is a cosmetic helmet with no stats. The idea is to use it to transmute your helmet to look like a crown. Transmuting at level 60 normally costs 51k AD, unless you're using an item with the free appearance change tag.

I'll check out my banked ones when I get home. I'd not noticed any issues with baldness back when I received them, but that sometimes seems to be tied to character hairstyle and head shape.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2014
    Sry dude but you are wrong. First of all when appearance changes came in they were retroactive for most things, but not the >Fool's Crown.
    Today the fools crowns in my bank SAY they are free, but when you try to use them they charge 51k ad.
    Try logging in and taking a look ... though that might be more difficult than you think I logged out n have been 20 mins with Version NW.14.201...etc and no log in.
    edited March 2014
    Sry dude but you are wrong. First of all when appearance changes came in they were retroactive for most things, but not the >Fool's Crown.
    Today the fools crowns in my bank SAY they are free, but when you try to use them they charge 51k ad

I don't disbelieve you that the flag is being buggy. I am not trying to correct you on that count.

I don't know what you think I'm "wrong" about. The original Fool's Crown was not flagged as a free transmute because there was no such thing when they were created. The item was not updated until today, and the update is not working properly, unless the bug is affecting all Fool's Crowns both old and new, in which case the flag itself has not been applied to the item even though the tooltip says so.

I have some weapon skins from the first Orc CTA which now say they're account-bound but which I can't mail even though it works fine with items from CTAs since they made that update. Updates to old items don't always work as expected, or not right away.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2014
    lol same here with the 1st Orc CTA gear says account bound but can't mail it. And whilst I am aware that this is a bug the point is that as of today its supposed to be fixed ...and it isn't. Yes Fools Crowns WERE cosmetic but now they are 1st time free Transmutes and should have been retroactive also ...but are not.
    The even say they are .... they just don't work properly.
    edited March 2014
    Right, ok. I don't disagree that the old crowns should be free transmutes, especially since their tooltip says so. I am saying that since they were not free transmutes when they first dropped, because there was no such thing, that I am not the least bit surprised that the update isn't working, based on past performance.

Reasonable?

I also figure it'll get fixed... eventually.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2014
    the crown issue is also known and will likely be fixed.

we appreciate the feedback and your understanding and patience in this matter.

thank you!
    edited March 2014
    Today the fools crowns in my bank SAY they are free, but when you try to use them they charge 51k ad.
    Try logging in and taking a look ... though that might be more difficult than you think I logged out n have been 20 mins with Version NW.14.201...etc and no log in.

could you PM me screenshots of this? thanks.
    edited March 2014
  • susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok....Grrrr....same for me as OP.....I have 2 helms that i was going to sell and they are now bound!
    Pls advise.
    edited March 2014