test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delve events Change comming! No change needed...

2»

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cael13 wrote: »
    What could you possibly be dissapointed with here? You have the ability to do more DD if you want to or nothing changes if you dont.

Because if the keys are an addition, it suggests that you might not get "free" keys, but the keys will primarily appeal to people that want to do multiple runs per day - so this is not really that much of an improvement for casuals that can only play on weekends.

Now, getting one free key per day, plus the ability to buy more, and the possibility of accumulating keys - yeah - that would be the best of both worlds, and then it would be OK as an addition to the DD. Although I don't really see the point of having a DD hour in that case.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Although I don't really see the point of having a DD hour in that case.

I mentioned one point above, think a pretty important point. ;)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well, if you win a daily key is a good change. If you win a daily key + purchase it by ad or manufactures it is very interesting.

be added to this you buy a VERY expensive purple key in Zen market, giving the possibility to choice your treasure... it was a perfect in so many ways ...
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Look at it this way, for most people (myself included) DD is worthless except for the shards, you cant sell the loot from the box and after a while your refine is so insanely high its not worth even refining stuff anymore because of the stupid low daily limit. I can run 4-5 Tos runs in the DD hour or 8 PK runs so the only thing this is going to do is limit my shards and annoy the hell out of me if they do that. You all have to realize that people like me (most of the 16k + GS) are not going to just come down and carry you because we have nothing else to do since we cant get the shards. We just wont play as much which means you wont get your gear off the AH. The shards were a nice bonus for us during our farming runs for DD, if you take that away it just makes it less enticing for us to play.

Also, crafting the best gear in game is one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things I have ever heard of in a D&D setting. At most what they should do is speed up crafting and have it be a decent T-1 set piece, so when you hit 60 if you crafted the whole time you can start making your T-1 armor and weapons and that will give you a leg up on the people that didn't. Crafting should NEVER, EVER give you BIS, that should only come from drops.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    I have no idea why you think I don't have time for playing. I say that open DD this does make exploiting and speed-runs attractive.

The recommended time for a T2 or T1 is 45 minutes. If you can make that in 9 to 15 minutes there is something broken and you exploit it by running 5-7 iterations of this.
    Having only 1, 2 or 3 DD-key(s) each DD would put exploiters closer to the farming capability of honest folks.

Almost every dungeon can be run 3-4 or sometimes 5 times during DD using 100% legit methods/no exploits. Just because overgeared players can "beat" the recommended time does not mean they are cheating or exploiting. I know many players DO exploit but that is another issue that needs to be addressed separately and has nothing to do with DD.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok... They're not removing the DD window, so if you can do 8PK in that time, bully for you and you don't need to buy any keys.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    judicas wrote: »
    Look at it this way, for most people (myself included) DD is worthless except for the shards, you cant sell the loot from the box and after a while your refine is so insanely high its not worth even refining stuff anymore because of the stupid low daily limit. I can run 4-5 Tos runs in the DD hour or 8 PK runs so the only thing this is going to do is limit my shards and annoy the hell out of me if they do that. You all have to realize that people like me (most of the 16k + GS) are not going to just come down and carry you because we have nothing else to do since we cant get the shards. We just wont play as much which means you wont get your gear off the AH. The shards were a nice bonus for us during our farming runs for DD, if you take that away it just makes it less enticing for us to play.

I'm pretty sure that the "16k+ GS" crowd is not 'most people'. I'm also spotting nothing negative about reducing the extent to which insanely overgeared people can farm dungeons, in all honesty.
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OKOK To be clear if they make it a DD hour plus feature I am all in... the more chest pops the better :). don't forget it is me and my fellow grinders that fuel the items and prices in the market it is not the casual player that does this. if the grinders cant grind prices will sore!
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a member of the 18k+ on more than 1 toon group, whatever that 16k idiot said before is bull****, casual players deserve to have the option to play with their friends in their limited schedules and get geared too, stupid elitist will keep farming without enjoying the game as long as they want, and the game will be better.

I love where the game is heading, i LOVE being able to Craft BiS gear so whatever you carry to battle is something you made (i love my fomorian set) i love the icewind dale setup, and after 1 year of refusing to play PvP in a DnD game... i might even reconsider it.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only negative possibility I see, with the small amount of information we have, is that this will probably decrease the number of players queueing at Delve time, and spread them out all over. So I think it will pretty much become necessary to preform your teams, as the queue may become very problematic.

Right now, if I only have three guildmates who want to run, I can usually get the fifth member from the NW_Legit_Community channel, and if not, it will usually autofill from the queue. Both of those might be hampered by this.

Not to be dismissive, I think the thought that this might be a cash grab is a bit far-fetched. Those are certainly out there, but I can't imagine that this is one of them.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    The current plan has the keys as an addition to, not a replacement of, the Dungeon Delve event.

please refer to the information provided by panderus. we're going to close this thread for now.
This discussion has been closed.