test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't copy characters to preview

loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
Copying to owlbear works just fine, but characters copied to preview never appear on the shard.
Post edited by loboguild on

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It does not work for me either. I copied my characters over 12-hours ago but neither of them are on the preview shards.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • ploqthepokploqthepok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same deal for me. I tested it with all five of my characters and not a one of them are copying.
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When i log in with my email, it signs me into a different account with the same email i made on arc. And it is showing characters that i made but never played with.

EDIT: when i log in directly into perfectworld.com/preview it gives me my proper characters. However, when redirected from arc it messes up the characters (probably cookies issue)
  • crystark1crystark1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having the same problem since yesterday.
    Can't copy any character to the preview shard.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any word on when this will be resolved? I'm having the same issue

Is anyone able to copy characters to preview at all?
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I copied 3, several days ago, and they still aren't there.
  • atraleosatraleos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm seeing the same issue. Can copy characters to Owlbear but not Mimic (the preview shard).
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here, cannot copy any characters to test shard, please fix
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Confirmed...same situation for me.

• m3fanm3fan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tried copying a new one today. Same issue.
  • lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    been trying for the last couple of days and same result as the rest.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wondering whether this is just an issue for a minority or are really just so few trying to copy chars to test things? It is actually working for somebody?
  • sharn70sharn70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    try last weekend , try today , still not working
  • arildanarildan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same for me! the copy doesn't work
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    There are two issues here:
    The arcgames.com changeover happened and was blocking access to the old character copy page, that is now resolved.
    There was a required configuration change to the preview shard last week that rendered it incompatible to be transferred to from the Live shard. This will be resolved tomorrow when the new update hits.

Existing characters that were copied over previously should behave as normal. Sorry for any confusion or difficulties. I was sad not as many people would be able to get new characters over to the Preview shard as intended.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    I was sad not as many people would be able to get new characters over to the Preview shard as intended.

Sad Panda is not a good thing.

It is now forbidden to allow Panda to be sad. So it is said, now let it be written, let it be done.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sad Panda is not a good thing.

It is now forbidden to allow Panda to be sad. So it is said, now let it be written, let it be done.

^ this. so much this.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Best part about this; it happened when respec tokens were on sale, now it will be fixed when the sale is over. Troll'd. Bad.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Um... if you think you're going to want to respec, buy a token (or multiples if you want) and sit on it until you get around to it.

Respeccing to test builds on preview is free, as many times as you want. (That was broken for a while but works now.)

The timing is a bit unfortunate, but I really don't see how it could have prevented anyone from taking full advantage of the sale.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just did a test and it is indeed working now.
    edited March 2014
    Great! Thx guys.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my issue is diferent, on the new character copy page "http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw" the dropdown menu to choose character cant be expanded for people with more than 8 characters, I was trying to copy exactly my 9th character but it just wouldnt appear on the menu and you can scrool down for more.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    my issue is diferent, on the new character copy page "http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw" the dropdown menu to choose character cant be expanded for people with more than 8 characters, I was trying to copy exactly my 9th character but it just wouldnt appear on the menu and you can scrool down for more.

Huh, you're right.

To elaborate, the character select dropdown menu is limited to 8 lines of text. Two of my characters have surnames that cause them to wrap in the menu and take up 2 lines each, so I can actually only copy the first 6 of my 11 characters at the moment.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2014
    1. You can still use the old page
    2. Console workaround: "$('dl.dropdown-list').width(500).offset({ top: 0 });"
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    1. You can still use the old page
    2. Console workaround: "$('dl.dropdown-list').width(500).offset({ top: 0 });"

Huh, interesting. I was able to search through the elements on the page and modify the width of the dropdown to get more characters to appear.

Thanks.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You don't use that page anymore. This is the new link to copy your character's over to Preview.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    That page is the one with the broken dropdown. It only displays 8 lines of names. If you have a character with a long name it wraps it and you lose a line.

They are using the same interface over on STO and its common for people over there to have more then 8. Result is that you can't copy any of your newer characters if you have more then 8 of them or you gave them long first and last names.
  • ap326ap326 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EDIT: Changed the width value by 500px to show all my characters.

You should fix this, Cryptic, for those who do not know how to do that,
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can ya raise the Character Select menu higher on the page. I have 10 characters that can be copied but can only see 8 as the last two are hidden behind the bottom strip and that is where my Rangers are hiding. :(
This discussion has been closed.