test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel of Protection seen in the next couple of days???

Comments

• Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I took a picture on the preview server of it.

bkIvIT9.jpg

It looks cool. What creeps me out is that it doesn't have a nose or mouth..??
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited February 2014
    100 days till i get mine <_< gonna use it on a DC a healer will need a backup healer for himself !
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OMG. I don't know how to describe her face.

Is she immune to damage like augment companions?
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited February 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    the angel didnt passed beta seems since nobody has it hah
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    radtatat wrote: »

Yeah, the lack of mouth is quite odd.
    OMG. I don't know how to describe her face.

Is she immune to damage like augment companions?

No, she is a normal companion so she takes damage.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I took a picture on the preview server of it.

That doesn't look like the pic from the Vault of Piety at all. Mind if I add it to the wiki?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks creepy. Gives me the same impression as Owlbear...for some reason.

O_ohooo?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, she is a normal companion so she takes damage.
    :confused: Why?? A heavenly immortal take damage from earthly mobs? Seriously?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    That doesn't look like the pic from the Vault of Piety at all. Mind if I add it to the wiki?

You can, but I probably should work on adding a better picture. Also, I'm assuming the picture on the wiki is the rank 30 skin. This is the rank 1 skin.
    :confused: Why?? A heavenly immortal take damage from earthly mobs? Seriously?

This is completely inline with D&D 4th edition rules.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    when u take it for a run, tell us how it preforms against boss and adds......................

looks like it has a owl mask on......................
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lpsx wrote: »
    when u take it for a run, tell us how it preforms against boss and adds......................

looks like it has a owl mask on......................

From my brief testing on preview server, at rank 1 it dies very easily. Would need to spend time leveling it first before I could have a real test.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This is completely inline with D&D 4th edition rules.
    Okay. So she wasn't coming from outer planes where deities and other celestials live.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay. So she didn't come from outer planes where deities and other celestials live.

Being from another plane doesn't mean you can't be hurt by someone from the material plane.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Being from another plane doesn't mean you can't be hurt by someone from the material plane.
    That's true. But beings like them are supposed to be godly, aren't them?
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact that she can be hit sucks 1000%. I don't even care if I get her now that alone makes her useless for end game now her only usage is "maybe" as a active companion for bonus. Huge let down :(
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Ehh, no more powerful than an equivalent-rank demonic/fiendish type creature. Celestials have hit dice and stuff.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ehh, no more powerful than an equivalent-rank demonic/fiendish type creature. Celestials have hit dice and stuff.
    So at least she should have been made only takes damage from equivalent-rank demons/fiends.

A heavenly angel takes damage from trash mobs and then falls unconscious and needs someone to revive her. What an angel.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't get it, do you. You yourself can kill a powerful devil like a pit fiend. You pet angel isn't really any different other than her domain.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay. Sadly, angels aren't anything godly in games.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    No they are not. In fact in the latest Sundering novel, The Reaver, Anton Marivaldi kills two on his own and a few more with assistance and the book explicitly states that his weapons are not even enchanted at that time.

While celestial beings are far rarer than their demonic and devilish counterparts they are no superior.
    However, they have a hierarchy like devils and demons so some of the more powerful and more unique celestial beings do have various immunities and powers but that too is the same as demons and devils.

Angels are celestial beings but all that means is they come from a different dimension. Their not Ao's personal body guard or anything nor should you confuse D&D's use of real world lore with your interpretations because that is guaranteed to never be a direct translation.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    angel have very bad active bonus why not to make to rise with full hp with it?we cant use it in pvp anyway and u need to pray 360 days for it and it also should be changed to BoP before pray farmers start to sell it on ah and ruin any value of it
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    angel have very bad active bonus why not to make to rise with full hp with it?we cant use it in pvp anyway and u need to pray 360 days for it and it also should be changed to BoP before pray farmers start to sell it on ah and ruin any value of it

Given what happened with artifacts I am betting that it will be changed to BoP after the 'lucky' players have managed to make several million AD.....
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Sure, tangle with a Planetar or Solar and you might get your head handed to you. But a basic celestial? No.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »

If they make it BoP then it won't have any value , if I prayed 360 days to get the thing then it should be up to me what I want to do with it .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    If they make it BoP then it won't have any value , if I prayed 360 days to get the thing then it should be up to me what I want to do with it .

I agree wholeheartedly
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited February 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Sure, tangle with a Planetar or Solar and you might get your head handed to you. But a basic celestial? No.

ah nothing beats the original solar from 2nd gen ad&d, they carry a nice +5 vorpal sword that does what it should do on a roll of 20 - sever a limb.

I really think they should change vorpal in this game to a different name, because it really does shame to the name... It does not sever a limb :)
  • Options
    cryshalcryshal Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A friend has the Angel of Protection. I don't know where he got it from, but it wasn't from Ardent Coins. How else can you get one?
  • Options
    cryshalcryshal Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What is a pray farmer?
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ah nothing beats the original solar from 2nd gen ad&d, they carry a nice +5 vorpal sword that does what it should do on a roll of 20 - sever a limb.

I really think they should change vorpal in this game to a different name, because it really does shame to the name... It does not sever a limb :)

Vorpal severs heads, not limbs. Instant death basically, unless you don't need your head to survive, like a gollum
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mod note: please keep the trading in-game. this includes the mention of AH postings. thanks.

do not reply to this mod note or discuss it in the open forums as doing so is a violation of the forum rules of conduct. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.