edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
This is the only game i see missing PK and Duels

Some people enjoying PKing KS'ers how come we cant do it
Killy2
SENT IV GWF - PVP
Post edited by doggy009 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    This is the only game i see missing PK and Duels

Some people enjoying PKing KS'ers how come we cant do it
    We have a PK. :P

But seriously, I hate killing other players outside of PvP. It's just gonna be full of griefers.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    varetmarkushvaretmarkush Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't know about PK.. PK sometimes goes out of control and pisses off many ppl (like in linege 2).
    However the overall PVP could realy use a boost via a duel system.. i would like that a lot.
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    we could use an arena a big one just like the one was in Rohan

yo just go there chill with people and test ur stuff out with friends or do 1v1 if you like that was really fun times love arena

and I know its very easy to be done since we have foundry I see arena maps left and right so its very easy to be done but will they do it for us? who with me
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PK? As if we have not enough respawn camping in pvp/gg.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2014
    I would LOVE PK.
    Nothing beats the squealing you get when you 1-shot an unsuspecting pve'er doing a silly zone quest :D
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We have PK, both epic and non epic versions actually. People run the epic version quite commonly for AD and it is far easier then most tier two epic dungeons. You should be able to get in one pretty easy if you want to see it. Dueling could be interesting though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I doubt this game will ever see world PvP and PKs.

By the way, there's no need for such a thing. You have PvP skills? Go and prove them against people that are prepared to take on you, not unsuspecting newbies. That's just griefing.

As for duels, yeah it would be OK to have them "officially", but you can also queue with friend and stay after match, duel as much as you want. I personally find it really boring though.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind games where you can invite another player to 1v1 with you as long as they include the ability to turn invites off but I have a severe dislike of game that allow capped BiS players to wander low level maps griefing new players .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've been pvping since it was available in NW.
    In fact i've been pvping for the last 18 years in all kinds of games.

What an odd statement.

Yes, I wouldn't mind paying to grief, that's the best kind of fun available in a MMO IMO. :)

pers3phone wrote: »
    I doubt this game will ever see world PvP and PKs.

By the way, there's no need for such a thing. You have PvP skills? Go and prove them against people that are prepared to take on you, not unsuspecting newbies. That's just griefing.

As for duels, yeah it would be OK to have them "officially", but you can also queue with friend and stay after match, duel as much as you want. I personally find it really boring though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've been pvping since it was available in NW.
    In fact i've been pvping for the last 18 years in all kinds of games.

What an odd statement.

Yes, I wouldn't mind paying to grief, that's the best kind of fun available in a MMO IMO. :)

When I played WoW, my guild used to have list of names with people that griefed our alts when we were leveling/resource gathering etc.

Then we hunted them down, as an after-raid recreational activity. I mean, it was recreational for us, not for our prey.

You really think this is a sane system?

By the way, if this game would have PvE and PvP servers, so people could choose, then all should be OK. But since there's just one shard, if world PvP would be open it would mean forcing thousands of people into it.

So yup, never gonna happen.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What an odd statement.

It's also the best way to lose customers, especially with GWFs. What do you suppose a troll/grief team of 5 GWFs running around in newbie-zones would be like?

Things are different from ten~twenty years ago when we used to write down the names of every field-griefer that kills you, become a powerful character, and then hunt them down for revenge. These days, the kiddies don't got the balls to use the anger they feel from repeated deaths and turn it into a motivation into becoming a better combatant.

Just look at the leavers and cap-trade beggars. Got no balls, got no grit, got no self respect and the moment things look bad, they go and grovel for cap-trading. "Stop! 3v5. Don't attack! OMG **** why u attack?"

...and then, imagine that happening in a world/instance scale.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    To answer your question, yes, I see no problems with that.
    It's just another aspect of the game. Why would there be any issues with that?
    And if they're weak enough to not fight back / have a guild present / escape without being killed, then too bad for them.

There were also other games like City of Heroes / Villains that had entire PvP zones, where it was an open pvp zone but with pve'ers attempting to run quests there.

My old guild controlled entire PK areas / zones for hours on end, was a lot of fun open zone warfare.

Btw, i'm not referring to a server-wide PK mode, that would disrupt too much.
    But you know, having a PK zone with very good PVE rewards would make a lot of people happy.

pers3phone wrote: »
    When I played WoW, my guild used to have list of names with people that griefed our alts when we were leveling/resource gathering etc.

Then we hunted them down, as an after-raid recreational activity. I mean, it was recreational for us, not for our prey.

You really think this is a sane system?

By the way, if this game would have PvE and PvP servers, so people could choose, then all should be OK. But since there's just one shard, if world PvP would be open it would mean forcing thousands of people into it.

So yup, never gonna happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Btw, i'm not referring to a server-wide PK mode, that would disrupt too much.
    But you know, having a PK zone with very good PVE rewards would make a lot of people happy.

Yeah I agree that such a thing would be nice. Basically all should be OK as long as it's optional, because all people in the zone would be there by choice.
  • Options
    tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This game lacks pvp 1x1... they should add the option to challenge someone, then both are teleported to a small arena, because the city is too lagged.

And also, a pvp map, where you enter and you are allowed to hit anyone, like a coliseum, would be great.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    It's also the best way to lose customers, especially with GWFs. What do you suppose a troll/grief team of 5 GWFs running around in newbie-zones would be like?

Things are different from ten~twenty years ago when we used to write down the names of every field-griefer that kills you, become a powerful character, and then hunt them down for revenge. These days, the kiddies don't got the balls to use the anger they feel from repeated deaths and turn it into a motivation into becoming a better combatant.

Just look at the leavers and cap-trade beggars. Got no balls, got no grit, got no self respect and the moment things look bad, they go and grovel for cap-trading. "Stop! 3v5. Don't attack! OMG **** why u attack?"

...and then, imagine that happening in a world/instance scale.

What a stupid thing to say. Did you stop and think that maybe the guy is trying as hard as he can but he cannot make up for the difference in his 10k GS and your BiS IV Senti GWF? I've been that guy. I've been that guy that arrives at mid when the match is lost because I want to kill at least one of them, nearly kills the one player on there and then is suspended in mid air, proned by a GF, smashed into the ground by a GWF, suspended in mid air again, vined to the floor and killed.

The above scenario has nothing to do with being a ''spineless new gen QQer'' but the fact that a 1v5 against better geared players is a one-way ticket to a 5 second death. After rinsing and repeating that 5/6 times in a match you eventually throw the towel in because you gain nothing from it. You don't even get the chance to go through a full rotation. Hell, because of the CW/TR you can't even use a single power because he will have you in mid air/rooted you so their melees can close in and butcher you.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2014
    I would LOVE PK.
    Nothing beats the squealing you get when you 1-shot an unsuspecting pve'er doing a silly zone quest :D

Go prove yourself versus 4 GWFs + CW premade and tell us how awesome you feel.
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ratharim wrote: »
    Go prove yourself versus 4 GWFs + CW premade and tell us how awesome you feel.

50 bucks says he's an IV Sent.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    What a stupid thing to say. Did you stop and think that maybe the guy is trying as hard as he can but he cannot make up for the difference in his 10k GS and your BiS IV Senti GWF? I've been that guy. I've been that guy that arrives at mid when the match is lost because I want to kill at least one of them, nearly kills the one player on there and then is suspended in mid air, proned by a GF, smashed into the ground by a GWF, suspended in mid air again, vined to the floor and killed.

The above scenario has nothing to do with being a ''spineless new gen QQer'' but the fact that a 1v5 against better geared players is a one-way ticket to a 5 second death. After rinsing and repeating that 5/6 times in a match you eventually throw the towel in because you gain nothing from it. You don't even get the chance to go through a full rotation. Hell, because of the CW/TR you can't even use a single power because he will have you in mid air/rooted you so their melees can close in and butcher you.

Sorry, but that's not what I see nowadays.

What I see nowadays is people quitting during the first 1 minute into the game, right after the very first fight ensues in the mid, when you've never even met all five of the enemy team. Wow, we lost initial ground, the enemy is gaining more points, it might be a tough fight ahead... and then *bam* some idiot quits. It becomes 5v4.

Sure, there was a time even when scrubs had some balls. But nowadays? **pffft**... the quitters and cap-beggars are so wide and numerous in PuGs that you now actually have to worry about "going easy" on the enemy team, give them a few free kills, give them a node and soothe them childish wankers so they don't quit the game.

I blame premades and PvP "pros" for making things worse by not mixing it up with the masses to keep things fair -- but that doesn't mean the PuG people are innocent from the poor shape PvP is in today. No sir, they are every bit as much to blame as them 'pros'.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, but that's not what I see nowadays.

What I see nowadays is people quitting during the first 1 minute into the game, right after the very first fight ensues in the mid, when you've never even met all five of the enemy team. Wow, we lost initial ground, the enemy is gaining more points, it might be a tough fight ahead... and then *bam* some idiot quits. It becomes 5v4.

Sure, there was a time even when scrubs had some balls. But nowadays? **pffft**... the quitters and cap-beggars are so wide and numerous in PuGs that you now actually have to worry about "going easy" on the enemy team, give them a few free kills, give them a node and soothe them childish wankers so they don't quit the game.

I blame premades and PvP "pros" for making things worse by not mixing it up with the masses to keep things fair -- but that doesn't mean the PuG people are innocent from the poor shape PvP is in today. No sir, they are every bit as much to blame as them 'pros'.

What reaction do you expect to get from outgunned opponents? Be realistic here.

Quitting is the sole blame of premades, no match-making and a PvE viable artifact attached to PvP. Don't blame the outmatched player for quitting when he has 0 points and 8 deaths while the enemy team is staring at him from the foot of his spawn point. He either just wants his artifact so getting 0 points is of no use or he wants an equal fight, which he isn't getting when a guild is standing starting at him. Quitters are the result of what is wrong with PvP, they are not what is wrong with PvP.

Once match-making is in place only the sourest of losers will quit because then there is no excuse as to why they lost other than that they were outplayed.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    What reaction do you expect to get from outgunned opponents? Be realistic here.

You've not even read the low-down I've brought on the table, did you? Outgunned? You don't how outgunned you are until you actually fight. The first fight of the match in unstable and usually very dynamic, and is not representative of the how the fight may follow.

Just take for example a match I've played today. During the first 3 minutes our team couldn't get it together in Rivenscar. People were dying here and there under ridiculous circumstances. How could we? We're a random PuG. We don't know what our team members are capable of yet -- much less enemies.

After 3 minutes into the fight, and my own effort to find the right "antidote" to the situation by switching powers around to see which combo of encounters/at-wills/dailies can help my team best, it was after then the gears and bolts started clicking into place, as we made a wonderful come-back, and what seemed to be a hilariously "outgunned" fight proved to be not at all. We actually dominated the enemy team from what seemed to be a hopeless fight in the first 3 minutes.

That was possible because nobody quit. I should commend everyone on that team for showing more balls than average PuGs -- in a situation where usually one or two spineless goobers would have simply walked out, they persisted, and tried new things to find an answer to a common goal, and it worked.

Sure, sometimes it fails. But then again that's ol'-school PvP. Not the game-leaving, cap-begging wimpy attitude.

Quitting is the sole blame of premades, no match-making and a PvE viable artifact attached to PvP. Don't blame the outmatched player for quitting when he has 0 points and 8 deaths while the enemy team is staring at him from the foot of his spawn point. He either just wants his artifact so getting 0 points is of no use or he wants an equal fight, which he isn't getting when a guild is standing starting at him. Quitters are the result of what is wrong with PvP, they are not what is wrong with PvP.

Again, crapshi*. By this time anyone knows I'm the most hard-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> antagonist to premades and what they do/represent in PvP. I actually advocate people walking out of fights against premades, and see it as a just course of action in protest.

That's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the average PuG situations where people simply bugger out of the game without even half-trying, and to make it worse, make up stupid wanker excuses to why its cool to just leave a match when both teams are adequately balanced under comparable conditions. Just because he's been left out of a fight, doesn't receive much help, or gets caught alone by one or two enemies and dies a few times, is enough to shake their jelly-egos and tempt them to rage-quit out of the game.

Don't tell me you don't see this. Premades are troll-shi* frustrating to fight against, but its not only in vs-premade matches that people walk out and give up, is it?

No. As a matter of fact, the PuGs just walk out on ANY and ALL matches they don't feel flowing towards their own favor.

Once match-making is in place only the sourest of losers will quit because then there is no excuse as to why they lost other than that they were outplayed.

Last 20 years of PvPing has taught me that people are brilliant in making up excuses as to why its not their fault they are PWNd. It's never the player at fault. It's never "sorry, my mental is fragile" nor "sorry, I know I am lacking in skill". It's always something else, someone else, some other class, some system, that screws them.

Matchmaking is certainly a step in the right direction, but I am sorry to point out you're way too naive if you think a proper leaver-penalty and matchmaking will stop people from leaving. There's a reason why people with bad attitude usually make good players in PvP. You need that fiery attitude to overcome humiliation of being beaten down every time in your newbie days, and get back up and practice, challenge, experiment again and again until you can finally land a satisfying big punch smack to them smug faces of those who used to PWN you every time.

Do you know why PuGs quit? Premades have something to do with it, but that's only half of the story.

Simply, the reason PuGs quit is because PuGs lack that "attitude", and that's why they remain a huge gaping hole and liability to the team, a parasite that does zero-contribution in winning, who just latches on to other competitive players to take a joyride through PvP matches for free wins.

And when those parasites land with a weaker team that can't baby-sit him, he leaves, like a rat jumping a sinking boat. That's why people leave matches.

This has been the truth of PvP for the last two decades, and it always will be. I hate that frickin' elitist attitude "pro" PvPers show as much as anyone, but truth be told, only the newbies and scrubs that shake off their fragile egos and toughen up -- sometimes even against impossible odds -- can really learn and grow into better players. Their attitudes are sick, but they have a reason to be so laid-back and smug about PvP problems. They're the ones that learned to overcome it.

I can very assuredly tell you that those who make it a habit of leaving matches, will never advance from PuG-level in skill and knowledge. How could they with that sort of weak, pathetic mentality?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PK? On a heavily instanced rail-MMO where any actual map is smaller than my courtyard?

lol, never going to happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The leaver's penalty going to be really bad for some of the people. Ask me why? ok look at it this way, you dont usually leave even when its unbalanced and clearly one sided but then BAM 2 of your team mates left, what will you do then? why stay to a 3v5 when the other team is not caring about any challenage they just want to dominate even if its no chllenage and no match. You ask for 1v1 or trade caps yet they just want to kill no matter what. Why stay? why waste 10min of your life when you could be doing a quest or something else. So, yeah when 2 teammates leave its pointless and waste of time and I rather leave.

But when its only one person leaving it could be done since the other day surprisingly me and my team won a 4v5 somehow. At the start we were getting dominated with about 100 points difference then a loser ( yes a loser ) from our team left after that I guess other team memebers tired harder and started playing better till we owned the 3 points and started advancing and it was even match half way till we even passed the other team by far. fun times

The point is when I leave because 2 of my teammates already left and I get leaver's penalty that would suck
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can very assuredly tell you that those who make it a habit of leaving matches, will never advance from PuG-level in skill and knowledge. How could they with that sort of weak, pathetic mentality?
    I think you miss the essential question: Why are they, given this attitude, there in the first place?

As long as there is reward or a cheaper reward than from PvE in PvP players that are not interested in PvP will join the matches - and ruin the fun for the PvP players. They will find a way to exploit (i.e. campfire sit) and get their glory for artifacts this way.

If it were "daily DV or daily 4xPvP" (both can take ~ 30 minutes) for 3k AD you would only have the sitters there for glory, which they might not want anymore after they got their artifact.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While I absolutely love games like L2 that have open world PVP excluding the safety of towns...this game is just not built for that. I would like to see an open PVP zone, but I just don't think there is anyway they would ever implement open PVP within the existing adventure zones.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    The leaver's penalty going to be really bad for some of the people. Ask me why? ok look at it this way, you dont usually leave even when its unbalanced and clearly one sided but then BAM 2 of your team mates left, what will you do then?
    I'd quit and not get hit by the leaver penality:
    Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?602001-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140204a-1
  • Options
    edited February 2014

ok good they thought it out
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    zailen90zailen90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    duels would be perfect to put many people we think the same, I honestly do not even understand why no duels
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    zailen90 wrote: »
    duels would be perfect to put many people we think the same, I honestly do not even understand why no duels

I think it would be great to be able to challenge another player, or another group to a duel, with the ability to select either a PvP Domination match, or pick from user generated Foundry maps. Use the community, let us build out new PvP maps, give us the tools to create new PvP match types. Set it all up so that they are not influencing the new rating mechanic, and let the community vote by rating the maps. Dev's can look at the top maps and consider including them in standard PvP modes.

NWN and NWN2 had fantastic community support. Give us the tools, and let us do half your job for you! Leverage the community!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    I think it would be great to be able to challenge another player, or another group to a duel, with the ability to select either a PvP Domination match, or pick from user generated Foundry maps. Use the community, let us build out new PvP maps, give us the tools to create new PvP match types. Set it all up so that they are not influencing the new rating mechanic, and let the community vote by rating the maps. Dev's can look at the top maps and consider including them in standard PvP modes.

NWN and NWN2 had fantastic community support. Give us the tools, and let us do half your job for you! Leverage the community!

wOW imagine that people can build PVP maps that would be really interesting
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP