Install Arc

PK and Duels

2»

Comments

• kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    (snip)

Also, in my experience quitting under balanced circumstances is very, very rare simply because in a balanced match you have likely earned a decent amount of glory/killed a few people, so quitting would just be **** <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and especially so in this game because you can quit, lose 200/300 glory and then join a premade rolfstomp.

(snip)

PuGs don't play matches long enough to realize if its even balanced or not.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

True that. Quits on first middle node cap or first death are sadly bread and butter of NWO PvP.
    If all people stay and start to coordinate, then even PUG team may change their efficency dramatcially and flip the match completely. Already seen 250:500 turning to 1000:700, 700:900 to 1000:980, etc. My favourtie match of all times was the one from 920:990 to 1000:998, amazing fun :-)
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

That is a generalisation and a it is false. I am an exclusive PUGGER. 30,000 glory in 4 days via random queues. I finished at least half of my matches in 5v5s, which isn't bad. I only quit when it is 1v5, 2v5 & 3v5, I have no glory and the enemy team are arrogant or just plain jerks. Some PUGs quit because they lost one fight. Most quit when they are faced with obviously superior players and haven't been able to stake a foothold. And again, one need not die 10 times to know he is outgunned. 3/4 rapid deaths & a team wipe at mid indicates you are in trouble. If the PUGGER has committed enough to get a few kills and maybe 2/3 node captures he won't just quit because that is glory and if he has been pasted before he knows he has a good chance of joining an even more unbalanced match.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • tortolito14tortolito14 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    It would help both individual and team Duels all this would be very fun one could implement the mode of declaring war between clans or persons as a blacklist so whenever you see can kill

would also be good ways to take another person dungeon fighting in teams of equal numbers of people through the dungeons and the dung in this way give more Valuable items

As a gamer I would love me that's implemented in the pvp that people have the right to choose against that team fight duels or have 1 vs 1 which can be seen within the city wherever you are and people can see them fight

Translate Google :p
    Excuse me for my bad English
    Venezuela
  • zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I did a PvP yesterday together with my gf, guess what, 1 minute in the match I see two GWFs with Perfect Vorpals charging at us. I quit instantly - why? There was no point for our two HRs in greens and an occasional blue to go against these people who besides PVorpals were probably slotting N level enchants.

This all at level 42 - where's fun in that?
  • ingg12ingg12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    I did a PvP yesterday together with my gf, guess what, 1 minute in the match I see two GWFs with Perfect Vorpals charging at us. I quit instantly - why? There was no point for our two HRs in greens and an occasional blue to go against these people who besides PVorpals were probably slotting N level enchants.

This all at level 42 - where's fun in that?

And that is also what you see at 60.

I'll probably just stop pugging PvP altgoether after the patch. Why? Log on this morning to my 14k HR.

First match... We get steamrolled out the gate, one person leaves within 30 seconds.

I stop to look at the remaining three. A 5k GWF (???? HOW???), 6k TR (!!!! Two of them together?!?), 8k (forgot class). Fugly.

Second match.

Steamrolled out the gate.

No one over 9k except me. Knowing a couple we were facing, I dropped rather than sit in campfire again right then. (And when I said hey guys, no point, none of you even at 9k and dropped, dude sending tells ranting how he could take a 15k GS and then ignored me after sending his rant. Hehehehe. Riiiiight, come face my toons bud!)

I did sit through one of the two matches. Honestly tho, I get SO mad at people even being able to Q when they are as good as not having anyone there in the first place.....So what this patch means to me is bye bye to PUG grouping for PvP. Prepare to be Premade steamrolled PUGGers.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    You pugged, and you quit because your team mates weren't good enough for you? That's the worst kind of "leaver" around! I will run with my group so long as they keep fighting. If it ends up 3:5, I'll see if the other team is interested in some 1:1 (if we're getting rolled). If not, and I don't feel like adding to their kill count, I'll assess the situation. If I'm getting something out of waiting it out, I'll sit at the campfire. If I'm not even going to get minimal Glory out of the match, then, and only then will I leave.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Duels I would be all for provided that we have an option to block spammers from repeatedly requesting duels after you've already said no 5 times.

As for PK? what is the point? PKing all too often becomes a source of open griefing by higher epeen players. Which is why most games don't bother with PK anymore. And to make it fair for all would require different instances for players of varying ratings so you don't have the elites running over fresh 60s like we have now in PvP. It would just be a whole bunch of work to make it happen and honestly, I don't see cryptic doing that.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    player kill in any place would be the stupidest thing ever made on this game, but duels are ok if invites to duel can be disabled.