Options

Forum Maintenance Status - **UPDATED**

2»

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Well the forum login still isn't fixed, have to go to the main PWE website for it to log you back in if you selected saving your details

Quick edit also not working for me (IE 10). Have to use advanced edit.

Oh and I don't like that link and text color are exactly the same. Can't really tell when someone is posting a link now or not, especially if it is embedded.

(did you find the link in my post?)

I guess I am a bit disappointed based on som's opening post:

It was all backend, there just was some hiccups with the change and they just have to be ironed out now. From what I have seen this was the most stable fix during the change hence why there is a large gap between around 1:30pm and about 9:30pm. Post that got made between those times when the forum was turned back on were lost.

Believe me sometimes things have unexpected changes during a forum look change. I worked with forum software for years (ikonboard when it was cgi based, invisionboard, phpbb, ubb, vbb) was head of tech support for ikonboard and had to fix other customer's forums when something they did messed it up. So believe me forum software make look easy on the outside but in fact it is far from it.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't like this...not at all. I hope they will reconsider
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    wow, I really hope they make some better changes to the forums here. Right now this looks about as good as any run of the mill free forum most guilds use.

Pretty much this , I really hope they have more additions to make today , as it is the forum looks like somebody started to work on it then got bored and moved onto doing something else.

Edit - Nvm I changed the forum skin in settings to use forum default and the forum appearance changed to what I assume it is supposed to look like , before it had big white borders at the top and bottom and looked half finished now it has a shadowmantle picture and looks tidier .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I hate the new forums, but I know they were coming for all PWE games, I saw them first in CO forums...
    Oh well, it's just something relatively minor.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't like it either, I understand PWE wants to streamline every game with Arc and now the forum being the same across the board, problem is... I only play this game of theirs...
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I believe I'm logged in at the PWE Forums and not ARC. I only say this because when the Forums returned after the downtime the ARC Forums looked like it does here and the PWE Forums had awful color complimenting one another.

Now, where do I change the color combinations for replies? This dark background and a ghostly gray text has got to go.

Otherwise, I can live with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    it looks like they got avatars working again, you just have to re-upload it, attachments are working as i can see people uploading new ones. haven't tried signature uploading but if uploads are working i would suspect signatures upload is working.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    What bothers me is that I can't use FF anymore to reply to anything. The grey box doesn't become active (white). Now I'm forced to use -dare I say it- IE *shivers*

Try updating Firefox. I couldn't post from work today, but I've been lazy about updating the portable version I use for personal browsing there. My regular Firefox at home here seems fine.

Edit: Even editing works fine.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    can we still do colored texts? and how
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Things just seem a mess.. from Core Connect to arc to the forums.. hopefully things come together soon.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    simpsons_nelson_haha.gif
    thisishowyoudocoloredtext
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why the forums don't have the general PWI toolbar anymore like the game sites still do? (tested in Firefox and Chrome)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Try updating Firefox. I couldn't post from work today, but I've been lazy about updating the portable version I use for personal browsing there. My regular Firefox at home here seems fine.

Updated the portable version. I can post. That is all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Updated the portable version. I can post. That is all.

I'm unable to post with 27.0.1 desktop Firefox, so updating unfortunately isn't a cure-all.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    I'm unable to post with 27.0.1 desktop Firefox, so updating unfortunately isn't a cure-all.

...and after logging out and back in a few times from various perfectworld pages, I can now post from Firefox. It might be an authentication issue.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I actually like the color scheme. But I'm kind of a weird gray personality type of person. :) Hopefully these forums won't suffer the same slowdowns that the old ones had every time something happened to cause a lot of people to check them.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
This discussion has been closed.