test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Mount Feedback

bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What is the speed of the legend mount? Is it still 110%? I would hope not but just curious.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep, same 110%
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aaarrrg, if it`s true :D hehehe. ok don`t have to farm then, lucky me ;p
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What is the difference between the legendary and and an epic mount? The speed is the same, so what increased?
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mikabella2 wrote: »
    Yep, same 110%

So what's different about it? Does it take more hits to dismount you or something?:confused:

Granted if it IS statistical the same as a purple and is only "legendary" because of the "ooo shiny" factor of the model I suppose that would at least keep folks from chanting "Pay to win" about it.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Checking the date, ok it's not april first. How is the same speed legendary? Can you not be knocked off ever or something because that's the only thing I could think of if there is no speed increase.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    What is the difference between the legendary and and an epic mount? The speed is the same, so what increased?
    the looks hahaha (at least then, i don`t know more)
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what's different about it? Does it take more hits to dismount you or something?:confused:

Granted if it IS statistical the same as a purple and is only "legendary" because of the "ooo shiny" factor of the model I suppose that would at least keep folks from chanting "Pay to win" about it.

Yep, its just the looks. Sadly i really want it, enough to farm out all the AD to gamble or AH? Nope. Guess this is the one mount ill have to rule out =/
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »

More cowbell.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    There is nothing legendary about this.
    You cant release a new mount and put an orange bar around it to drive sales... that's discussing and so classless by the devs.
    Looks are in the eye of the beholder, some of the 50% mounts look better than the 110% mounts but that doesn't make them epic.

We judge a mounts rarity rating by its speed (and rate it takes to get knocked off) and NOTHING ELSE

110% speed = epic. u can put pink, orange, red, and gray boarders around its name but that wont change anything.

Way to try and prey off of players.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What's the difference between a lev99 epic artifact and a lev100 legendary one? The stats are the same but I assumed there was some extra bonus, now I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The difference is the active use.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So Legendary doesn't have an increased Speed or anything?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is a bit lame that the Legendary Mount doesn't have any different in mechanics... Seems weak sauce. :(
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I don't think we know yet.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We don't know yet , I posted on the announcement thread asking if it was a copy/paste mistake but nobody replied . If the stats are as intended though then the only thing Legendary about the new mount is the orange around it's icon lmfao
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do we know for sure the speed is the same? In the news it only mentions the epic one's speed.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    no it doesn't
    They didn't list it on purpose. they would have been more than happy to show off about the speed increase in the notes if it were actually faster

What makes this truly disgusting is that they wont simply list its 110% speed, so casual players will drop hundreds on boxes only to find out the hard way.
    There isn't even a legendary mount tab in the ah.
    Its going to take weeks for most players to realize its 110% speed, in the meantime the devs will be laughing to the bank. Such a trash company. I've been playing the game since beta and nothing they have done has upset me more than this
  • Options
    phoenixshockphoenixshock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've seen it linked in trade/zone as well a few selling already on the AH. 110% is the speed. Nothing special.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited February 2014
    ....lol, so there is no practical reason for me to have it since its still 110% how does the orange icon effect my performance ?!
    No to speak about how useless mounts are in this game,and we spend real money to get them
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've seen it linked in trade/zone as well a few selling already on the AH. 110% is the speed. Nothing special.

That could be a tooltip copy/paste mistake ,until one of the dev team comment or until somebody with one races a regular epic we don't know but if it is the same stats then tut tut Cryptic lol
  • Options
    wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Someone said that instead of an insect noise it speaks with the voice of Neil Patrick Harris saying: "legend...wait for it... dary!"
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The one currently sitting on the AH for a 2m bid, 5m BO. I'll stick to my practically free metal crab.

i947SFjB77bPw.png
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I for one am happy that the speed isn't greater than 110 and I applaud the Devs for not increasing the mount's speed. Many people would have seen a rare faster mount as an obvious cash grab since this can be a significant advantage in PvP.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How are we supposed to search for it on AH if there's no an option to chose Legendary quality?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Search under mounts using the term emperor.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    delete post
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The real question is was anyone really surprised?
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And the prize of zen dropping back to from 400 to 340 :) wonder why?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Point still stands, they should have listed it as Epic, that can not be argued logically. If you upgraded an epic artifact to a legendary and nothing changed except it glowed orange is that acceptable? No.

Let's not beat about the bush.
    We all have a clear idea on epic being significantly different from legendary
    We all know the specific lack of information regarding stats can only mean one thing, considering every other single comparable addition has always listed atleast one piece of relevant information. If that's witheld, what do you think people will expect?

Bottom line is, the whole thing, as always, could have been implemented in a better fashion.

1) We're bringing out a new mount that is deemed legendary, here are the stats, it's purely legendary because the design is different.
    2) We're bringing out a legendary mount that has increased X stat. Due to the overall impact of this upgrade that chances of it dropping have been significantly decreased.

There's no point in arguing over pay to win. The game is what it is, if you want to progress quickly and have the money to do it, it can be done and will be done. If you don't then you have to always expect that people will do it because that's the way it's always been.
  • Options
    dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Legendary Beetle has this un-noted power:
    While your character is idle/sleeping it whispers into your ear and has you dream of glory and fame and heroism. When you become un-idle, or wake up you feel refreshed and your character has a 20% temp stamina bonus for the next 60 min of game play.

At least a teeny bit of effort, the tiniest little change in the mount would have led credence to you calling it legendary, instead of just changing 0066CC to FF9900
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
This discussion has been closed.