Install Arc
Options

Legendary Mount Feedback

2»

Comments

• Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Nobody cares for the appearance of the giant beetle. The emperor beetle appearance should've been given to the giant beetle, and the emperor beetle shoved down the throat of the greedy MBA at cryptic who suggested a legendary mount. I was planning on opening boxes because the artifact is BiS for my cw but I'm not opening a single one of the unearthed boxes because this is just bs and I'm not supporting it or craptic directly or indirectly. Also, had someone with emperor beetle run with me to confirm 110% runspeed, yup it is.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I didn't see this thread when I left my feedback on the lockbox-release thread, so here' just a copy/pasta from that
    syka08 wrote: »
    It just baffles me that there are now FOUR ranks of mounts, 2 sets of within which have the exact. same. properties.

You can argue, in an anecdotal way, that what makes the Emperor Beetles "Legendary" is its drop rate from the lock boxes. But really, then, what the heck is the point? Kudos, by the way, for once again discretely encouraging players to log into the game to find out what it does (or just surf the forum) to find out what it's stats are. Only slightly less frustrating than when this happens with companions, which to the team's credit, has been less frequent.

Clearly I'm not your target audience for the mount, except for the fact that I'm a bit of an achievement hunter. Entymologist and those who enjoy some of the odder mounts can and will most likely overlook this, but rarity is just one factor to something being considered legendary, especially in an MMO setting, in my opinion. The way I'm seeing it, this is up there with PuPu: A fun novelty at best.

I don't gripe much about the game, or try not to at least because I still enjoy it and want to see it grow, but the mount system just added another baffle card to its deck.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I agree 100% here. I was pissed they came out with a legendary mount that it would be faster, I was re leaved when it was only 110% I would have liked to see the "knock off" requirements upgraded to maybe 6 attacks in 5 seconds or something, so it has a practical benefit...

BTW, opened 50 boxes and no book or mount, must be unlucky....
    Not really, a lot of people have won stuff because a lot of people are opening boxes, I'd say its probably uncommon to be 'unlucky'. I opened 62 myself and not got much. Another got one on his 4th (purple mount).
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2014
    It's just pathetically unethical. Not only is insulting that they underlined it as "legendary" when it's just the same thing you can drop in the same lockbox, except with a slightly different palette, but I'm even more offended by the fact they blatantly cheated everybody with a "fake" non-description in the news/preview section.

This is one of the worst, and most stupid commercial moves I've ever seen in the MMOs history, and I'm pretty sure it will cost them quite a lot of players. Looks like they're just trying to squish as much money from the player base as they can, like they're not planning to let this game live much longer, and they just want to make the highest revenue possible, in the smallest time possible.

Thumbs down, I will probably quit this game after such cheap bs.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    And the prize of zen dropping back to from 400 to 340 :) wonder why?

I think you saw just an initial jump, and will see another tonight, and again this weekend. Also keep in mind many of us were expecting (hoping) for keys to be on sale this week as well.
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic didn't mislead anyone in any way imaginable. 2 cool looking mounts and a really cool new artifact, this is the best lockbox so far imo.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    120% mounts existed in Beta... Loved them and was saddened when they reduced the speed.

Welp, there goes the chances for their return!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I for one am happy that the speed isn't greater than 110 and I applaud the Devs for not increasing the mount's speed. Many people would have seen a rare faster mount as an obvious cash grab since this can be a significant advantage in PvP.

Well then what about the epic mounts? of the rare mounts? Maybe we should get rid of mounts all together to keep everything the same? i don't see this as a huge problem. You can't selectively like something when you have it but want to get rid of it if you don't have it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    As someone mentioned before the only 2 things that make a mount better is the speed and the % chance to get knocked off and to be honest, the % chance I really could care less about. The looks are good and all but I would be happy to ride a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in game if it moved at 120%.
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    10 points to Mystagogue. We could always use more cowbell.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    Well then what about the epic mounts? of the rare mounts? Maybe we should get rid of mounts all together to keep everything the same? i don't see this as a huge problem. You can't selectively like something when you have it but want to get rid of it if you don't have it.

If you have no idea what I 'selectively like' please don't try to put words into other people's mouths. Otherwise please point out where I have said what you are implying.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey all! To clarify and confirm, the Emperor Beetle mount is Legendary in terms of rarity and appearance, not movement speed. It's pretty rad-looking! But still increases movement speed by 110%.

Thanks! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll give Cryptic credit if they keep managing to resist the 'faster mount' spiral, as it's extremely lame. Another F2P did that, sold mounts to players in increments of +60%, +65%, +70% and +75. Every few months they'd devalue people's mounts, effectively making them buy 4 mounts over time to stay competetive. Soo annoying. Current Neverwinter is heaven in comparison, who really cares about the color of an icon.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    If you have no idea what I 'selectively like' please don't try to put words into other people's mouths. Otherwise please point out where I have said what you are implying.

So by your terms an epic mount and a rare mount are cash grabs and you don't agree with them as well because that is the only logical conclusion to what you said. Which can then be extrapolated to mean that any speed advantage from one person to another person is not fair. If this isn't what you are saying then be more clear.
  • Options
    eens405eens405 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited February 2014
    All of this outrage could have honestly been avoided if you selected the "inspect lockbox" option before you opened them. It states there that it moves at 110% speed and has the same stats as the purples.
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all! To clarify and confirm, the Emperor Beetle mount is Legendary in terms of rarity and appearance, not movement speed. It's pretty rad-looking! But still increases movement speed by 110%.

In other words, it's a legend in their own minds :)
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    I think many people are just pissed because hunting newbies on epic mounts wasn't good enough, the need 200% speed to reach them.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like the look and like the fact that you don't introduce faster mounts (pvp is already imbalanced enough as it is due to mounts).
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »

This is not a cool answer sorry and this mount dosnt look soo cool like inferno:(.
    I see nothing legendary in it, i see more legendary in Shadow Wolf mount .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Moderator Notice:

. . . Posts of legal concern have no place on the forums as a Community Discussion. If you have such a grievance, please contact customerservice@perfectworld.com or file a Support Ticket online. We welcome feedback about the game and the contents, just please keep it about the game and not issues for Customer Support. As the answer to the topic of this thread has been answered, this thread is now closed.

LegendaryBeatleSpeed_zps08880a17.png
This discussion has been closed.