Install Arc
Options

Gift of the Gods - Loot Feedback

1235»

Comments

• Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. Brainstorming session = Let's come up with something unique for this event.
    2. How? = Let's make several little easy challenge for ppl to solo rather then one big easy challenge for ppl to group.
    3. What should the reward be?= Since their will be several repeats by all players lets make them small and insignificant to protect the economy.
    4. Perfect, you have 1 month to make it happen, what are we getting for lunch?

That must have been one quick team meeting.
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    a month? more like a couple days.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To each their own. I still had a good time with the event and liked it a lot overall. It was a lot of fun for me.

The only thing that would make future events nicer is to scale the probability of getting purple-quality rewards from giftboxes like this, though, for all the guys who opened 500 boxes without ever getting a single mantle. I know how frustrating that is -- the same kind of situation is the reason why I whine about Waukeen's event every now and then.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The only thing "EPIC" about this event was the hype surrounding it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    The only thing "EPIC" about this event was the hype surrounding it... :rolleyes:

As an event it was kinda meh ,in hindsight the enchantments weren't actually all that bad , I managed to get a nice few levels on my artifacts due to the event , the dye packs are nice , the injury kits are meh , I will use them but hardly event reward material and the Mantle actually looks really nice but it clips sooo badly with my character and there is nothing I can do to fix it , I spent half a hour at the Tower of Alteration today trying to get rid of the clipping.

I just wish that the event would have run like the description read xD I really wanted to be able to get that Angel lol I'm so close now I can almost feel it xD

Edit - Next event like this they definitely need to make sure that non epic rewards have a basic plain looking background window too xD
  • Options
    arielluariellu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got my Mantle after about 20 boxes but was expecting the same amount of frustration as for the Waukeen cloak (which I never got despite my best efforts) so was pleasantly surprised this time. The randomness seems to work on a diminishing returns basis heading up towards Epic so the chances of rolling a 99%er is pretty remote and I guess therefore epic. It would be nice if there was a increase in chance if you have earned so many attempts but sadly not. The way I saw it there were 7 items which are spread over 4 tiers something along the lines of:
    Tier 1 roll 1-85, get a Potion, Enchantment or Runestone
    Tier 2 roll 85-95, get an Injury kit
    Tier 3 roll 95-99, get a Dye pack or Invocation gift
    Tier 4 roll 99-100. get a Mantle

Given the chance of upgrading an enchantment at the Epic Tier Level is 1% I suspect the same range applies, why bother coding something different, exploit what you have already.

In a roundabout sort of way Neverwinter and Diablo 3 are much the same in terms of chance and randomness, so you are in the lap of the dice gods rather than master of your own destiny. Although I have to admit to waiting till I got the 'Gift of Luck' buff when invoking on the thought that this might enhance my chances when opening a box, lifting perhaps the roll base by 10 points perhaps. Not going to lose sleep over it though. Who knows you might even get better results when there is a full moon, but then this is not Everquest so not expecting any of that level of detail for what is essentially a basic hack and slash you don't have to think too much about.
  • Options
    pagansamapagansama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the event itself was awesome, but loots were the worst.
  • Options
    starflingerstarflinger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Opened around 5 boxes, got a celestial mantle. I don't know why people here would grind for dozens of hours or spend hundreds of thousands of AD to get that a cape that looks hardly any different from an ordinary cape.

Only wish is that I could sell it since so many people are after it. Event was uninteresting the boxes I got were all from doing dailies.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Considering that I was able to buy many stacks of 99 RANK 5 ENCHANTS for only 91k,
    rank 4 is a complete an utter joke.

where are the eggs? because of the devs being greedy and purposely not adding eggs to this event reward like they should have, they now cost 42k+ and at times the cheapest eggs in the ah are in the 50k range.
    the craftsman of the game need to come together and raise prices. Otherwise making gemmed gear is no longer worthwhile
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the event itself is fun, it's a nice handicap for battles, the prizes are meh, haven't gotte anything useful yet, the dyes are nice at least. But overall I liked it.
    I don't expect random events like this to change my character importantly, like a new item that will shoot my GS up, or anything like that, I think of them like little fun events with little rewards, and that's fine by me.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I loved the concept.

The prizes. Eh... Could have been better.

That said, did anyone actually complete all of the Quests?

I missed out completing the Crafting challenge:

1) Because I already had my crafting slots occupied it dropped the first two times.
    2) When I had one open and tried it, I actually beat the time by 10 seconds with the third craft (Three times feed the Homeless with a Epic Hero, and not wasting time collecting and resetting each time.), but failed anyways while collecting the third craft, as the timer suddenly accelerated, and passed. ARGH.
    3) Left three slots open for 3 hours, and never once got it to drop again, before the event closed.

The reason I ask, is did anyone complete all of them, and if so, did you get anything special? If I were a developer, that would have been the Easter Egg epic reward. I personally would have awarded a single Epic Refining Stone (The one needed to raise an item from a Tier 6 to a Tier 7.) and a Coalescent Stone from Gond.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014

That said, did anyone actually complete all of the Quests?
    The reason I ask, is did anyone complete all of them, and if so, did you get anything special?

A few here on the forums did , you only got a couple of achievements though , one for doing them all once and another for doing them all 5 times I think although the 5 times one seems to be bugged , I have it showing I did all the tasks 5/5 but the achievement didn't pop lol
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    got all the drop stuff once o twice with exeption of the transmutable robe:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The concept was excellent, the rewards were a joke as many have previously stated. I am now sitting on 6 level 60 characters, 1 of each available class, and the so called epic rewards result yielded healing potions and identification scrolls. I got piles of rank 4 enchants, various potions, and white and green crafting materials. The best I got out of this were 3 celestial dyes. I completed all of the tasks on several of my characters over the time period, but if there was an achievement, I did not see it.

I would love to see this type of thing again, but I think the mechanics of the reward system need to be tested further to insure they are working.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review